• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    WAS JUST WONDERING WITH ALL THE SMALLER SHOPS THEIR ARE IN INDY.HOW IS IT THAT DONS CAN STAY IN BUSINESS.THOSE PRICES ARE :poop:.DO PEOPLE JUST THINK EVERYONE IS THE SAME ON PRICES OR IS IT THE SHOOTING RANGE KEEPIN HIM IN BUSINESS.:twocents:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not all gun buyers surf the interweb looking for the best buy on chrome 380's.

He caters to a clientèle that live in the same area that we do but live in a different world.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Don advertises on TV. What other local gun store does? So when someone, who knows nothing about gun prices, wants to buy a gun where do they go?
    To the only shop they know about. Think about it, name another product that you could buy in one store on the west side that would be double what you'd buy it for on East side. People just make the assumption that the prices should be about equal. Uneducated people just make the assumption that the prices are about equal regardless of where they shop so why not shop at the store that has those "nifty" advertisements?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Spot on Archbishop!!

The power of personality! So when do we start seeing ads from some of our favorite posters from here - hawking various establishments around town???

I can see it now:

"Hi, I'm SavageEagle... " :D :popcorn:

naw I don't have the heart to finish the comedic line of thinking here.... but you get the idea??

Just kidding SE... I could have put any of several names in there...

Nick_ams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    They also offer financing for weapons there, so if you pass a credit check you can make payments on the gun and take it home right there if you get approved. they have a 3rd party finance available for you. Get approved take the gun home !!!!

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pay cash ( Not Interest ) to Don...

"I don't want to make any money folks, I just love to sell guns"----Don Davis.

What a effing crock of BS!

They also offer financing for weapons there, so if you pass a credit check you can make payments on the gun and take it home right there if you get approved. they have a 3rd party finance available for you. Get approved take the gun home !!!!

Isn't this how our country and a whole bunch of Americans got into deep trouble! :dunno:

Nick, save your self some money and grief. Save up and pay cash. Buy your gun from one of our reputable dealers at a fair price.

Just trying to help you out here bro!

TK

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Nick_ams -

I didn't realize that anyone did that. But I _guess_ it makes sense...

How would you like to be the repo dude that gets to repo someone's Desert Eagle???

:nailbite::nailbite: :eek::draw:

Nick_ams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    What a effing crock of BS!

Isn't this how our country and a whole bunch of Americans got into deep trouble! :dunno:

Nick, save your self some money and grief. Save up and pay cash. Buy your gun from one of our reputable dealers at a fair price.

Just trying to help you out here bro!

TK

I would never do that. I was just trying to state how they make so much money. I pay cash everytime i buy.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Forgot about this...

No person shall make any loan secured by a mortgage, deposit, or pledge of a handgun.

So if Don's is doing it - or a third party is doing it - it is most likely an unsecured loan - like a credit card.

Hence no repo dude (or dudette).

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Don advertises on TV. What other local gun store does? So when someone, who knows nothing about gun prices, wants to buy a gun where do they go?
    You gotta spend money to make it and in a good or bad economy advertising is key. If more gun shops stepped up and advertised on TV, along with better prices and similar inventory they would take 1/3 of his business.

I would spend money on advertising before I stocked camo underwear in the store.

Does he still sell bait too? I have never been in the West side store.............thank God for that.

The real proof of the power of advertising, as I recall the rumor correctly, he is a Felon and his name is not listed as an officer of any of the entities. Yet he makes a ton of money selling guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom