• ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    No, no, no, I can explain.

I was on my way my home from a hard day's work at the mall, protecting all the sheep. My whole team carries in drop legs because they are the fastest most deadly holsters, and Hi-Points are just temporary until our Glock practical-tactical .357's come in.

There you are...prefectly reasonable!

dont forget your second trauma plate duct taped to your back where the vital organs are located :):

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    You might be able to see it a little better here:
    2012-05-05_15-33-32_907.jpg

Somehow that's just wrong...:n00b:

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    The real problem I see is the faded BDU's and flat soled shoes. I doubt they provide ANY arch support.

Oh and Mr. Floppy on his right knee, yeah that's no good either but at least he's confident enough to OC.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If I saw him in public I would try to talk to him and see whats up. If he is just trying to be "cool" and join the club whatever, but if he cannot truly afford any better equipment I would buy him a better holster.

Kudos to you for wanting to help a fellow gun owner out. :) Although I guess you might be able to make a case for your willingness to help actually being selfish...since buying him a better holster will incrementally improve the perception of gun owners in America as a whole.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Kudos to you for wanting to help a fellow gun owner out. :) Although I guess you might be able to make a case for your willingness to help actually being selfish...since buying him a better holster will incrementally improve the perception of gun owners in America as a whole.

Another proponent of psychological egoism? Lincoln was a horrible politician but a great philosopher IMO.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    At least he is wearing a shirt.

Seriously, drop leg holsters are not very practical. Unless you have need for carrying the gun lower then other gear.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I open carry my Hi Point C9 sometimes but it also rides on my waist in a Fobus Paddle Holster not hanging off my kneecap. At least he's trying he just needs some proper guidance.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I open carry my Hi Point C9 sometimes but it also rides on my waist in a Fobus Paddle Holster not hanging off my kneecap. At least he's trying he just needs some proper guidance.

He could also be an angry customer bringing his product back to the store to show them why he wants his money back...

"LOOK at this P.O.S. I look like a moron. Somebody is going to take a picture of me and put it on the internet..."

Djestr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Frankfort, IN
    Ok Gotta come clean in here. I make Hi-point jokes, but I feel I am entitled,
    I own one, a .45jhp, and have OC'd it. (Though not in a drop leg holster, I carried securely at my waist. Flopping around is for fish!)

Entry level price probably was the deciding factor.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I've been suffering from a frozen shoulder for several months now. I can't raise my arm high enough to draw from a standard holster. After 2 months of very painful therapy I'm getting close to possibly being able to draw from a shoulder rig. I've been forced to not carry due to this condition. I picked up a leg rig. I hate it. Uncomfortable and impractical but I could carry and defend myself again. Should I not just because it's not fashionable? If you're going to defend our rights defend them wholly. If you're not careful you may notice wool starting to sprout from your back side as you become one of the sheeple.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ok Gotta come clean in here. I make Hi-point jokes, but I feel I am entitled,
    I own one, a .45jhp, and have OC'd it. (Though not in a drop leg holster, I carried securely at my waist. Flopping around is for fish!)

Entry level price probably was the deciding factor.

I don't think they are beating down the Hi Point as much as the choice in holster. Gun in picture is not secured. Leave the floppy nylon at the range. At the very least invest $25 in a Fobus holster.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've been suffering from a frozen shoulder for several months now. I can't raise my arm high enough to draw from a standard holster. After 2 months of very painful therapy I'm getting close to possibly being able to draw from a shoulder rig. I've been forced to not carry due to this condition. I picked up a leg rig. I hate it. Uncomfortable and impractical but I could carry and defend myself again. Should I not just because it's not fashionable? If you're going to defend our rights defend them wholly. If you're not careful you may notice wool starting to sprout from your back side as you become one of the sheeple.

If that is the case then I an very sorry to hear about your condition. Yes you should be able to continue to able to defend yourself. In fact with a physical disability even more so. The only problem is that a low leg mounted holster is hard to secure. Have you considered maybe a cross draw holster? I have a safari land leg holster with retention that you could borrow. It fits a sig P226 with light but might work for a Hi Point.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I carry a S&W 40c. I can aim and shoot it although the recoil still brings enough pain after 30-40 rnds I have to quit for awhile. If you have a cross draw that will fit that then I would gladly give it a try. I do hate the way the leg rig rides. In fact after a couple of hours around the house and property I gave up on it. All I can say is it's better than nothing. I may have to invest in a left hand holster. While not as fast on the draw I shoot almost as well with my left as my right.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The Hi-Point is fine. Decent inexpensive weapon ( although heavy)!
    The problem is the Flopus holster!

T.F..... If the offender doesn't take you up on the holster offer, I sure could use a better one myself!:D

Top Bottom