• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Is that really a drop holster? Most Drop holsters I have seen, sit a lot tighter than that to the leg, and are attached to the belt as well as to points on the leg...... Almost looks like he took a regular holster and ran a
    velcro strap through it, and wrapped it around his leg.

When you saw this Hi-Point, did you instantly fall into convulsions? I hear that happens.

Must be a Hi-Point holster, too. :rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Bet it was OneBadV8. He likes high-end gear like Hi-Points and UTG drop-leg holsters.

:D

:laugh:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It was not me, but I'm kind of ashamed at everyone. The guy carries a handgun. Perhaps not super high end, or expensive. But he carries.

How many times have people said any gun is better than no gun? I have read very decent reviews on hi pts, so don't knock it :-)

I'm a 1911 and glock guy, but I'm not a snob. Id take a guy with a c9 who has shot 2) rounds through it over the guy with a glock in 45 at roush Saturday rapid firing all OVER the paper at 21 feet BRAGGING about his accuracy....yeah, my groups were baseball sized numb nuts and yours barely managed to fit in one of those yoga balls...

PS: what if the guy carrying IS an ingo member? Do you really think they're going to like this stuff?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have no problem with the gun. I just have a problem with the drop leg holster. I find them unsafe unless necessary and they add to the negative perception of gun owners as mall ninjas.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's just a "Skirt" Holster. We use these to lift girls skirts up at the mall. You know - a conversation starter and to check the goods. :n00b:

I'd never use a Hi-Point in mine, too gross. He must be from down south where it's OK to cop-a-view under your sister's skirt. And Aunt's, Mom's, Cousin's, Brother's...........

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    It was not me, but I'm kind of ashamed at everyone. The guy carries a handgun. Perhaps not super high end, or expensive. But he carries.

How many times have people said any gun is better than no gun? I have read very decent reviews on hi pts, so don't knock it :-)

I'm a 1911 and glock guy, but I'm not a snob. Id take a guy with a c9 who has shot 2) rounds through it over the guy with a glock in 45 at roush Saturday rapid firing all OVER the paper at 21 feet BRAGGING about his accuracy....yeah, my groups were baseball sized numb nuts and yours barely managed to fit in one of those yoga balls...

PS: what if the guy carrying IS an ingo member? Do you really think they're going to like this stuff?

Most of the Hi Point jokes are just that, jokes, but the floppy drop leg is really an issue, and if he is a member on here I hope he learns something from it.

The gun has a frame safety; I rather he carry it tucked in his belt and close to his body that bouncing around like that, if price is really the determining factor in this choice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OC'ing... hands in his pocket... totally oblivious that someone is making fun of him and taking a picture.

***sigh***

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Not sure if that is a drop leg worn too low or an ankle holster worn too high lol.

An ankle holster? what kind of ankle would that go around? A CANKLE maybe?
    cankles.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't have one bit of a problem with his Hi-Point or a drop leg holster but it is not worn properly. Just like guys with leather holsters and their belt is loose so it flops around. He could easily knock something over or get it caught on somthing.

IMO this is one of those guys that likes to OC to "SAFE" areas like the gun range or a gun store like Gander Mtn but no where else. They lack the discernment that comes from experience such as many people are either oblivious or choose not to be concerned with OCers if they seem safe and responsible and are minding their own business. Now bump someone's wife accidently with a loosely holstered gun and you have a problem in public.

If I saw him in public I would try to talk to him and see whats up. If he is just trying to be "cool" and join the club whatever, but if he cannot truly afford any better equipment I would buy him a better holster.

Top Bottom