• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I've been suffering from a frozen shoulder for several months now. I can't raise my arm high enough to draw from a standard holster. After 2 months of very painful therapy I'm getting close to possibly being able to draw from a shoulder rig. I've been forced to not carry due to this condition. I picked up a leg rig. I hate it. Uncomfortable and impractical but I could carry and defend myself again. Should I not just because it's not fashionable? If you're going to defend our rights defend them wholly. If you're not careful you may notice wool starting to sprout from your back side as you become one of the sheeple.

Steve make a very valid point. People do lots of things for different reasons, sure some of it is silly but also some of it is for good reason. One should not be so quick to judge a stranger without knowing the circumstances.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    In all seriousness, yes, THIGH holsters have a purpose. The OP's picture goon has no idea here. Your hand should be able to reach the pistol without bending, not the case here.

One should see all the crap-azz Unky Mike's holsters that folks come out with at the range. Flopping, grossly oversized for the pistol and thumbstraps cut off or poorly adjusted, they brazenly trod forth past the check in station, trigger fingers itching for justice...

Gunshops should seriously be ashamed to sell those things, nylon holsters in general. Oh, and don't give me garbage about how yours works. It doesnt, you are just justifying your crap expendature. Remember, it's garbage holsters that will get your butt shot from an AD/ND or gun drop out on the floor at an inopportune time (say, church or middle of the supermarket), drawing unwanted attention to the gun crowd. :twocents: At minimum, get a Fobus, at least they retain the pistol and don't make one look like a hillbilly fresh from their baitshop/gunstore/zombie hunting headquarters/marrying hole.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    But what's wrong with being a hillbilly coming straight from the watering hole?
    That's kinda what I was gonna say. What if you are a "hillbilly fresh from their baitshop/gunstore/zombie hunting headquarters/marrying hole"?

I guess if you buy a nice holster and wear it people will still say "hey there goes a hillbilly fresh from their baitshop/gunstore/zombie hunting headquarters/marrying hole".

Then someone else will say "yeah but does'nt he have a nice holster"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom