• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I saw an aerial photo of the ladder from the day of the event. There was damn sure a ladder. On the back side of the building, the side where the shooter took position to shoot Trump, there's connecting structure between the buildings. There's a ladder that gets you on top of that structure, and then it's easy to get on the roof of the building from there.

There was a video posted earlier of a guy who pieced all the photo evidence together that established who was where, what buildings were involved, where the stage was, where Trump was, etcetera. In those photos you could clearly see the ladder.
    There are pics posted in this thread that clearly show a ladder leaning against the building.

I'm just passing along what one gent on the news said.

No idea whether the place the cops needed to hastily access was laddered or not. They might have been accessing from the other side?

I'm sure the details will come out.

:dunno:

Last edited:

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Might have been a good idea to have the drones covering the area during the rally. Assuming authorities would have seen the shooter much sooner and acted on it. But I'm not sure we can assume that at this point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

certainly was a ladder.

Are these people serious?

SO google earth image is likely up to 6 years old. Seriously? You're using that like its near real time spy satellite imagery. :facepalm:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are these people serious?

SO google earth image is likely up to 6 years old. Seriously? You're using that like its near real time spy satellite imagery. :facepalm:
    Huh? No, the satellite imagery just shows where the buildings are in relation to each other, which hasn't changed no matter how old are the images. The drone footage from the day of the shooting shows how things were on the day of the shooting.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Has anyone ID'ed the rifle/scope the USSS snipers are using yet?

It looks like a bolt action M2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle (ESR) or a minor variant/derivative although I cannot see the stock. Note the magazine. It's using the big stuff. The M2010 is chambered .300 Winchester Magnum with longer range and more punch than the 7.62x51 NATO. I haven't seen the muzzle clearly enough but suspect it's suppressed to reduce the report . . . which will still be quite loud . . . one needs to be able to continue communicating with not only the spotter, in this instance other USSS members. The description of "blew his head off" is undoubtedly a accurate. Still looking at the scope on it which appears to be equivalent to the M2010 photo from 2010 -- 14 years ago.

It appears the scope is a Schmidt Bender 5-25x56 PM [X] in some configuration/variant. That's my best guess as the Guvmint likes to buy them for folks using the M2010 and its variants who need long range. See photo of USSS sniper on rooftop, not the M2010 stock photo from 2010 which has a different scope. I expected it to be a long range variable with huge aperture. These dudes are the ones who train to engage long range out to 1000 meters. The spotter next to him had a different rifle, most likely a semi-auto for medium range and to allow rapid fire . . . which is why it wasn't on a tripod. If it's not the Schmidt Bender it's an equivalent. Two variants of the SB 55-25x56 shown below.

5-25x56_pm_ii_lp_mtc_lt_sr.jpg

5-25x56_pm_ii_lp_sr.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Huh? No, the satellite imagery just shows where the buildings are in relation to each other, which hasn't changed no matter how old are the images. The drone footage from the day of the shooting shows how things were on the day of the shooting.
    Inside job

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    After 50 years together, most of what Mrs. Rick does that drives me crazy has worn away, so they don't bother me anymore. Her picture-taking abilities, though, can be annoying. She has the oh-so-common habit of waiting until she sees the "perfect picture" framed in the camera before she takes the pic. Obviously, by the time the message gets from the eyeballs to the brain center and down to the fingers, it is no longer perfect. Way past perfect, mostly. I've gently explained to her many times that good picture-taking is anticipatory, and she says she understands. Yet, the next time when she misses her shot, she complains about it. While good luck is certainly a component of quality professional news photography, genuinely great photojournalists have that uncanny sense of what will happen in the next couple of seconds and are well-prepared for it.
    Having done "hired gun" event work for a studio in my deep dark past, it's all about prediction and anticipation, watching human behavior and knowing the body language predicting what the subject will do next. With SLRs, if you saw it -- the desired photo -- through the viewfinder -- you didn't get it on the film. Some of the skill came with experience and one had to also anticipate with an SLR the lag time between pressing the shutter release, then the mirror going up, all before the focal plane shutter traveled across the film gate. Measure the lag between shutter press and shutter travel in several tens of milliseconds depending on the SLR, about ~20 mS or so. By comparison, 1/120th second, a common shutter speed, is just a hair over 8 mS.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It appears the scope is a Schmidt Bender 5-25x56 PM [X] in some configuration/variant. That's my best guess as the Guvmint likes to buy them for folks using the M2010 and its variants who need long range. See photo of USSS sniper on rooftop, not the M2010 stock photo from 2010 which has a different scope. I expected it to be a long range variable with huge aperture. These dudes are the ones who train to engage long range out to 1000 meters. The spotter next to him had a different rifle, most likely a semi-auto for medium range and to allow rapid fire . . . which is why it wasn't on a tripod. If it's not the Schmidt Bender it's an equivalent. Two variants of the SB 55-25x56 shown below.

5-25x56_pm_ii_lp_mtc_lt_sr.jpg

5-25x56_pm_ii_lp_sr.jpg

No, it's a nightforce. The magnification adjustment and the illumination dial gives it away.
    That gold emblem is nightforce's logo.

The rifles are custom built. Schneider bull barrel, custom remington 700 action, AI chassis. They're either 300WM or 7mm remmag. The builds are commonly referred to as JARs, "Just another rifle." Both of them were using the same builds.

Has been the go-to rifle for SS snipers for a very long time now.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm just passing along what one gent on the news said.

No idea whether the place the cops needed to hastily access was laddered or not. They might have been accessing from the other side?

I'm sure the details will come out.

:dunno:
    So the lesson here ranges from the extreme of “don’t trust anything Fox News says” to “take everything Fox News says with a grain of salt”.

They’re maybe slightly better than 4chan.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom