• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They're all on radios. As soon as one of them spots a threat it should go out on radio and those closest to Trump should have whisked him away out of danger. At the moment the guys on the roof were taking aim at the shooter, I think I should expect to see secret service agents rushing towards the president.

I'm not claiming any conspiracy theories that it was intentional. I'm at ease saying at this point that it just looks like a failure, until I know more.
    You have multiple agencies working together with different radio frequencies and chains of command ... I assume.
    If a member of the public notify a local cop that someone is on a roof it takes some time before the intel reaches someone from Trump's security detail.

And even more time before someone in charge decides to evacuate Trump.
    It's not like local cop can talk directly into the ear piece of Trump's bodyguards who are right next to him, and give them orders.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's my thoughts.

I don't know protocols on SS taking the first shot outside a security perimeter against a supposedly legally armed person, but I would think all defensive/preemptive actions such as getting Trump to cover/off the stage, etc would have been immediate once a potential threat signal above noise was detected.

Given the line of site and proximity to the stage, I really don't understand why the security perimeter didn't include that group of buildings. Sure, Monday morning quarterbacking and all, it's easy to say that now. But c'mon. That building the shooter was on is reportedly 130 yards away. In easy range of the weapon he was purportedly using. A lot of people are rightfully asking, why weren't snipers on THAT building? Or at least spotters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The US Government has an extensive history of covering things up, and outright lying to the US citizenry. I am NOT at ease saying it is a failure until I know more. This smells funny, on several levels. I am completely at ease saying this looks like an inside job, until I know more.

The US Government also has an extensive history of incompetence. To say it's more than that, let's see some evidence that's not easily explained by incompetence.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Given the line of site and proximity to the stage, I really don't understand why the security perimeter didn't include that group of buildings. Sure, Monday morning quarterbacking and all, it's easy to say that now. But c'mon. That building the shooter was on is reportedly 130 yards away. In easy range of the weapon he was purportedly using. A lot of people are rightfully asking, why weren't snipers on THAT building? Or at least spotters.
    And it was the ONLY frickin rooftop around, other than the one the actual security force was sitting on. Either complete incompetence or purposefully planned to be left unguarded, time will tell.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The US Government has an extensive history of covering things up, and outright lying to the US citizenry. I am NOT at ease saying it is a failure until I know more. This smells funny, on several levels. I am completely at ease saying this looks like an inside job, until I know more.
    Well to be fair it can be both a failure and a conspiracy. :dunno:

There's is clearly a failure when someone can aim and hit a candidate under SS protection. It's not really open for debate.

Now was the killer acting alone or not that's a totally different question.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's what I was getting at in a previous post. That rooftop of all the rooftops except the one that the SS counter sniper was on appeared to have the best closest clear vantage point for an assassination attempt.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    No conspiracy is necessary. Dial TDS up to 11, provide Trump with inadequate security, and let nature run its course. :dunno:

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I wish the secret service would round up people saying this stuff and put them in prison without a trial for 3 years or so
    The US Government also has an extensive history of incompetence. To say it's more than that, let's see some evidence that's not easily explained by incompetence.
    I mean a redheaded maga extremist with a beer in his hand pointing to a rooftop excitedly during a maga rally doesnt get immediate police response?????
    Heck blm was burning down buildings and the cops just kept facing the counterprotestor white supremacist.
    Purple not applicable

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    i agree with that too. Just looking at an overhead photo, it seemed like the most likely threat position coming from someone with no protection training.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You have multiple agencies working together with different radio frequencies and chains of command ... I assume.
    If a member of the public notify a local cop that someone is on a roof it takes some time before the intel reaches someone from Trump's security detail.

And even more time before someone in charge decides to evacuate Trump.
    It's not like local cop can talk directly into the ear piece of Trump's bodyguards who are right next to him, and give them orders.
    I'm not even saying that. The Bush era reformations was supposed to solve the communication issues. I'm saying those snipers on the barn roof obviously had eyes on the shooter well before the shooter did anything. As soon as they spotted him, I would hope they'd be on the radio and that we should see some movement from those guarding Trump.

The shooter had time to get off shots on Trump before the sniper shot back, for whatever reason. It's likely that it's because the sniper didn't have a shot until he did. But, I hope they'd have some code word that makes them react, like right now. That's the point I'm making.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I will chime in, the angle of the roof may have gave the murderer cover from the counter snipers. People could have witnessed the murderer without the spotter seeing him.

So an AR has a MOA from sub 1 to 4 130 yard shot is not hard even with irons. You can crank off 8 shots quick could you detect the threat and react that quickly ?

Dead bodies well they the are dead never looked at one close enough to know about dried blood wish I had never seen any.

AR pictures are they before or after the good guys showed up ?
    They would probably have kicked it away ?

Most people find some kind of religion after a near death encounter.

I don’t think we have a conspiracy we have an attempt to kill a movement. I don’t do book of faces the wife does and some are dancing in the streets over this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will chime in, the angle of the roof may have gave the murderer cover from the counter snipers. People could have witnessed the murderer without the spotter seeing him.

So an AR has a MOA from sub 1 to 4 130 yard shot is not hard even with irons. You can crank off 8 shots quick could you detect the threat and react that quickly ?

Dead bodies well they the are dead never looked at one close enough to know about dried blood wish I had never seen any.

AR pictures are they before or after the good guys showed up ?
    They would probably have kicked it away ?

Most people find some kind of religion after a near death encounter.

I don’t think we have a conspiracy we have an attempt to kill a movement. I don’t do book of faces the wife does and some are dancing in the streets over this.

Yep. All of that. But, though I don't fault the sniper for not taking the shot sooner. We don't see what he saw. We just see what we see and imagination takes over from there. Like I said, I don't think the sniper shot until he could see what he was shooting. Judging from the perps rearanged dentistry, I'd say he hit what he shot at.

My questions are about why that building wasn't included in the security zone. And it seems the snipers on the barn had eyes on for at least many seconds before the shooter fired, that word could have gone out on the radio. Maybe not in time to stop the shooting, but I'm a bit disappointed that secret service wasn't moving until several seconds after shots fired and the former President dropped down.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not even saying that. The Bush era reformations was supposed to solve the communication issues. I'm saying those snipers on the barn roof obviously had eyes on the shooter well before the shooter did anything. As soon as they spotted him, I would hope they'd be on the radio and that we should see some movement from those guarding Trump.

The shooter had time to get off shots on Trump before the sniper shot back, for whatever reason. It's likely that it's because the sniper didn't have a shot until he did. But, I hope they'd have some code word that makes them react, like right now. That's the point I'm making.
    I think we can agree that the SS didn't act fast enough (since the killer managed to fire at least 8 shots), but still pretty fast.

I really don't know how long it took from the moment the killer was spotted crawling on the rooftop, to the moment Trump's closest bodyguards rushed the stage. 10 seconds? 30? One minute? I have no idea.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly. Feel free to wait on your side of the fence. I'll wait on my side.
    Idunno man. Seems like you're eager to make it more than what we actually see. Belief without evidence is faith. I'd like to reserve belief until I know more. Gimme a better reason besides "sides" to believe something. What you're saying could be true. That's not good enough reason to believe something as if fact.

Top Bottom