• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the filmmaking industry, "B-Roll" are takes and scenes shot in addition to the principal action scenes and takes. It's done for "establishing" (gives visual location context), supplemental, and alternative camera points of view to intercut with the principal takes. In the movie industry, this is sometimes done after main production in "pick-up" shots requested during editing to facilitate good transitions between main scenes.

The primary or main scenes and takes used to be referred to as the "A-Roll" but that's rarely used now (the "Roll" is a reference to film roll). B-Roll is often done in motion picture production by a "Second Unit" with its own director, and sometimes shot with no sound which would be added later in post-production if its used. For stuff like YouTube and news videos, B-Roll is shot after the main stuff is recorded, to be intercut with it for visually supporting the person doing the talking or interview or reporting. Sometimes the main audio is overlaid onto B-Roll video. In news footage made for broadcast later, when the reporter continues narrating as some other scene is brought up to depict what the reporter is talking about, that visual is often B-Roll that was shot separately. When there's a disconnect between the narrator and scene being depicted in a prepared news segment, it's typically an error in editing made by the editor grabbing the wrong B-Roll video for it.
    B-roll can be shot before. I usually describe it as the video in shows and moves that does not involve named talent. Once participated in a food show, B-roll was shot six weeks before, the whole show without the star was shot, and the proprietor actually cooked his specialties then. When the star came in the proprietor just threw onions in butter and gave the star a taste of some already made food.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I suspect Liberty Sanders wishes Trump to be a bit more low-key so as to reduce his exposure to additional nefarious plots.

The Dems need to be rid of him before their convention.
    The Secret Service has been compromised. Their director holds her position because she is a BFF of Jill Biden. The democrats are desperate. In a few months Biden won't be able to wipe his own butt. Harris is a giggling train wreck. Only one thing can save them now, and that is simply to have no opponent. Trump's courage is beyond question and he will continue to campaign. And I'm going to be as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs every time he appears in public. The forces who want him dead have nearly limitless power.

Frankly, I think he should dismiss his Secret Service detail and put out a call for retired cops to provide his security. Thousands would respond.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

She ain't all wrong. I put metal on my previously shingled roof and the first time I went up on the roof for routine maintenance I was wearing jeans, gloves and my usual work boots. when i got down on my hands and knees (that is a set up for printcraft) and my boot soles lifted off the metal roof, I slid 5 feet towards the edge in a panic before I was able to stop myself. I have already posted about my extensive protection training and if I hadn't self taught myself about metal roof survival, I could easily have perished on one of my protection jobs.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    She ain't all wrong. I put metal on my previously shingled roof and the first time I went up on the roof for routine maintenance I was wearing jeans, gloves and my usual work boots. when i got down on my hands and knees (that is a set up for printcraft) and my boot soles lifted off the metal roof, I slid 5 feet towards the edge in a panic before I was able to stop myself. I have already posted about my extensive protection training and if I hadn't self taught myself about metal roof survival, I could easily have perished on one of my protection jobs.
    She's wrong the pitch of that roof you can walk easily on. I've put on a lot of metal roofs in my life and a 3-4/12 pitch is easy to walk on.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    She's wrong the pitch of that roof you can walk easily on. I've put on a lot of metal roofs in my life and a 3-4/12 pitch is easy to walk on.
    oh mine is a low pitch also. I walked on it just fine! but assuming a sniper position....its like a slickety slide! I won't take a protection job on a roof without 25% hazard pay.

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    oh mine is a low pitch also. I walked on it just fine! but assuming a sniper position....its like a slickety slide! I won't take a protection job on a roof without 25% hazard pay.
    I'd not be to worried about that part. But a hot tin roof with 90+ degrees and sun beating down on it. That had to be hot.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well the assassin kid didn't have any problems on the roof both when he was alive or dead. He didn't slide anywhere. How come he was so much better at it than you?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

So, if I get this right, your clothes supporting you on the sloped roof slipped, but your boot soles were pliable enough to keep you in place?

:dunno:

Top Bottom