Official Status Update Thread 199 Is it Spring yet..??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Snowing here. Hubby went to LaPorte to hunt. I am just getting ready to go visit with the little ones. Don't have far to go and most of it will be the back roads that always suck anyway. It isn't ice...so I'm good.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Mrs planned a "zumbini" (dance like stuff for babies) bday party for the baby today. A bunch of people (10-15 I think) were supposed to come with their kids...shes upset that 5 people cancelled because of snow. Idk what to do to make her not mad.
    Bang yourself with a hammer or something. That usually puts them in a better mood.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Evening all
    Sloppy Joe's for lunch and Taco's for supper
    We've got about an inch of snow, last time I took the dogs out it was kinda half assed raining

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We had salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, corn and a salad before hubby left to go hunting around 1. I might be eating girl scout cookies now....maybe.

Roads are a slippery mess so I hope he makes it home okay. Went to visit the little girls I am possibly going to babysit occasionally, and was going to take 30....quickly rejected that plan and got off on the back roads where I at least had some snow for traction.

It seems to have stopped snowing and drizzling now so I hope they get some salt on the roads before he heads home. He said the deer carcass we took yesterday hasn't been touched so it may not be a productive night.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have not done much of anything today. Took a shower then put clean jammies back on.
    Made a roast with all the fixens for supper. It was really good

Just not feeling the best right now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I didn't get much done yesterday but today was productive. I already made a pasta casserole and salad for tomorrow since it is my later night to work.

I am just getting ready to work on my crochet project. I took a couple of crocheted toys I had made a while ago with me when I went to visit the girls today. The two year old warmed up to me right away when I gave her the doll...pretty sure we will be just fine when I need to watch them. The baby was born in November so is too young to care, but gave her a little sleepy baby toy anyway. It sounds like it will be just April and maybe a few times in May if I watch them...just on Tuesdays when grandpa will be planting in the fields. The other days are covered. So...it will depend on what happens with the work schedule.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I didn't get much done yesterday but today was productive. I already made a pasta casserole and salad for tomorrow since it is my later night to work.

I am just getting ready to work on my crochet project. I took a couple of crocheted toys I had made a while ago with me when I went to visit the girls today. The two year old warmed up to me right away when I gave her the doll...pretty sure we will be just fine when I need to watch them. The baby was born in November so is too young to care, but gave her a little sleepy baby toy anyway. It sounds like it will be just April and maybe a few times in May if I watch them...just on Tuesdays when grandpa will be planting in the fields. The other days are covered. So...it will depend on what happens with the work schedule.

I'd just mention it at work that you already are spoken for on those days, if they need you. From what you have said, I am sure the office would work with you.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'd just mention it at work that you already are spoken for on those days, if they need you. From what you have said, I am sure the office would work with you.

That's what I told the mom, but she said that if they really need me, she has a backup plan. I told her I thought it wouldn't be an issue since it is just for a couple of months...depends on if the other front desk lady is on vacation at all during that time. I thought she said something about going somewhere in April but I'm not sure if it is the week we are closed. I hope to find out more tomorrow about what is going on.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That's what I told the mom, but she said that if they really need me, she has a backup plan. I told her I thought it wouldn't be an issue since it is just for a couple of months...depends on if the other front desk lady is on vacation at all during that time. I thought she said something about going somewhere in April but I'm not sure if it is the week we are closed. I hope to find out more tomorrow about what is going on.

I know it will all work out.

oh, and I am glad that meeting the girls went well.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know it will all work out.

oh, and I am glad that meeting the girls went well.

They are so sweet. Louise (the 2 year old) is going to be a learning process...understanding what she is saying and such, but she is very well behaved. I told her mom I would prefer to babysit at their house since the kids will be more comfortable there and my house is definitely not childproof. She agreed that probably would work best.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They are so sweet. Louise (the 2 year old) is going to be a learning process...understanding what she is saying and such, but she is very well behaved. I told her mom I would prefer to babysit at their house since the kids will be more comfortable there and my house is definitely not childproof. She agreed that probably would work best.

oh yes, I am learning that 2 year old language myself with Squishy. So easy we forget it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom