Official Status Update Thread 199 Is it Spring yet..??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    All family stuff...???

Yep. Lots of history I do believe. I have no idea just how many we are even talking about. I do know that my dad has taken care of everything he has. He already sold the old Ballard rifle to my nephew...that is one I would have loved to have bought, but it is staying in the family so I'm good. It is pretty much one of a kind....not many of them left and certainly not in the condition his was in. His was a very low numbered rifle...was featured in a magazine article at one point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. Lots of history I do believe. I have no idea just how many we are even talking about. I do know that my dad has taken care of everything he has. He already sold the old Ballard rifle to my nephew...that is one I would have loved to have bought, but it is staying in the family so I'm good. It is pretty much one of a kind....not many of them left and certainly not in the condition his was in. His was a very low numbered rifle...was featured in a magazine article at one point.

That is so cool.
    My Dads guns got away from me before I had a chance to get them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That is so cool.
    My Dads guns got away from me before I had a chance to get them.

There have been a few discussions recently about some of dad's leather working tools and such that were possibly going to be sold. I happened to be there when it was being discussed, and asked why family wasn't being given first option to buy. They assumed none of us wanted some of this stuff. Again...with the guns....same discussion. I think they understand now that they need to talk to us first to see if any of us are interested. I think they felt awkward about asking any of us to pay for things, but I assured them we were not looking for a handout. I told dad today to consider his collection his savings account...when he needs money, we will exchange it for whatever he is ready to part with. I think he and mom were both satisfied when I left that we are fine with dad keeping and enjoying whatever pieces he wants to and selling pieces as he is comfortable with letting them go...and we will pay a fair market value price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There have been a few discussions recently about some of dad's leather working tools and such that were possibly going to be sold. I happened to be there when it was being discussed, and asked why family wasn't being given first option to buy. They assumed none of us wanted some of this stuff. Again...with the guns....same discussion. I think they understand now that they need to talk to us first to see if any of us are interested. I think they felt awkward about asking any of us to pay for things, but I assured them we were not looking for a handout. I told dad today to consider his collection his savings account...when he needs money, we will exchange it for whatever he is ready to part with. I think he and mom were both satisfied when I left that we are fine with dad keeping and enjoying whatever pieces he wants to and selling pieces as he is comfortable with letting them go...and we will pay a fair market value price.

That is a stellar arrangement. I hope you get to put many in your collection. Keep them together.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That is a stellar arrangement. I hope you get to put many in your collection. Keep them together.

I blame my dad for feeding my addiction to shooting. It was something he and I did a lot together when I was a teenager. I spent many days with him at the range shooting. If they pass before we purchase the whole collection, I believe we will buy whatever remains from the estate unless they make other arrangements for their disposition through their estate plans. I think the next time I go there to clean, my hubby is going to go with me so dad can show him what he has. I have seen many of his pieces, but hubby has not. I think he is in for a surprise. At least he will have some idea of how big of a safe or how many safes he is going to need! :lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I blame my dad for feeding my addiction to shooting. It was something he and I did a lot together when I was a teenager. I spent many days with him at the range shooting. If they pass before we purchase the whole collection, I believe we will buy whatever remains from the estate unless they make other arrangements for their disposition through their estate plans. I think the next time I go there to clean, my hubby is going to go with me so dad can show him what he has. I have seen many of his pieces, but hubby has not. I think he is in for a surprise. At least he will have some idea of how big of a safe or how many safes he is going to need! :lmfao:

Wow.
    My dad did not have that broad a collection and actually only few I really wanted but in the end that is all I wanted from his estate. No money no other goods etc just his meager collection. My current collection dwarfs what he had. I just wanted to keep it together.

Family. Not much you can do about that.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I may need another job. LOL

I have cookies...oatmeal raisin and girl scout cookies. However, I just ate a peanut butter cup.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I prefer chocolate chip or the heath bar cookies I make, but those are hubby's favorite.

I guess I need to call it a night pretty soon. The alarm is set for 4.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning SAM!

Morning Haven

It looks like we have a light coating of something on the sidewalk. I'm hoping it is snow and not ice. I guess I'll find out when I walk out to the truck in a bit.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Morning SAM!

Morning Haven

It looks like we have a light coating of something on the sidewalk. I'm hoping it is snow and not ice. I guess I'll find out when I walk out to the truck in a bit.

Batesville is snow as 1" (2:00am to 6:00am), then was a rains......The of thunderstorms (4:00-5:00am).....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Nubby is great okay....They as sleeps....

I'm hoping the icy rain holds off until after I get to work. It is supposed to improve this afternoon so my drive home should be okay.

I'm glad the kitties are good. I was ready to kill Mattie again last night. she started her annoying furniture scratching at 3. I was up literally every two minutes chasing her downstairs for almost a half an hour until she got the hint and stopped. I refused to get up and feed her an hour early because then she would expect me to do that every day. So instead of getting up at 4 with the alarm, I have been awake since 3.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom