Official Status Update Thread 199 Is it Spring yet..??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You get less than if you worked until age 65 because you obviously aren't paying into it as long. We decided it was worth it to retire younger and be able to collect for more years and enjoy life a bit. He was laid off for several months every winter anyway so his pay actually went up when he retired because he was collecting year round and wasn't spending a fortune on gas/tolls, etc. traveling to Lake County to work all the time. He never had jobs close to home.

For social security.
    for my pension, I don't think i'll get less.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I slept in 2 hrs. forget the part where I was woken at 10pm by a call from work and was out for about an hour handling a MAJOR emergency

that being, a semi hit a light pole. tore the power lines down and KEPT ON DRIVING!!

They shut all the power down to reinstall the pole and power lines etc.

I felt pretty safe in the building, 3 cops had stopped in for coffee at the beginning of their shift and hung out until they could get it :):

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Pole? What pole?
    Morning Mrs. G

Sherman & Brookville. I guess he was going north on Sherman, got to the railroad and realized his truck is to tall to fit underneath. He was backing up onto Brookville to turn around, took the power out by hitting the pole on the corner.

One good thing I learned about work, I know we have lights that stay on during a power outage, we have to manually lock the doors as the "mag locks" don't work. and Police love us!! A couple of the guys let me know unless they had a run, they'd hang until the power came back up. I looked out and asked them "What about Speedway, shouldn't one of you go over there?"
    Their response "**** Speedway" :):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sherman & Brookville. I guess he was going north on Sherman, got to the railroad and realized his truck is to tall to fit underneath. He was backing up onto Brookville to turn around, took the power out by hitting the pole on the corner.

One good thing I learned about work, I know we have lights that stay on during a power outage, we have to manually lock the doors as the "mag locks" don't work. and Police love us!! A couple of the guys let me know unless they had a run, they'd hang until the power came back up. I looked out and asked them "What about Speedway, shouldn't one of you go over there?"

:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom