• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They also make you unload the mags too. In theory good idea. Then again who would be STUPID enough to shoot someone or rob someone AT A GUN SHOW?!?!?! LMAO Anyway, I OCed there and back and everywhere inbetween. Orange zip-ties and they make you unload. Not too friendly either.

It's not like they pat you down though. I could have walked in strapped and never said a word. I mean, what's the point? Really!

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You haven't been sitting there when some moron reloads his weapon then has an AD
    and the .45 hardball slug zips by your head.

Gun show morons make me twitchy, and I'm an armed dealer.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You got a good point, but I was more refering to your carry piece. Nobody takes out their carry piece but for three reasons. Either for the unwanted reason or to practice or to put her in the safe. At least that's why mine come out of the holster. Then again I'm not your average idiot! I'm Special! :D

I saw my share of morons at the show Friday. I saw one guy pick up a glock and started pointing it around at everyone. Unloaded or not, Holy ****! Then I saw another guy with his kid. Had to be about 7, maybe 8. Kid was picking up these KelTecs and pointing them around like toys while daddy stood there yappin with his buddies. Then he seen what his son was doing and guess what... "You like that one son?" As the boy points it right at his daddy's manhood. Or what was left of it.

Again, I can understand why they want you to come in unloaded. But to make you unload the mags even when they are seperated from the gun? Oh well, I'm not really complaining, just kinda scratching my head. Didn't stop me from enjoying myself! Hell I had a blast! :D :D :D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Don't show em the mags. I unloaded before going in. Handed the officer my M9 with the slide locked and pointed away from him. He never asked for mags.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Had a great time Saturday. and saw afew members.
    Also found out, if the orange zip tie comes off when someone is checking your weapon, keep it when you go to the front to replace it. I got grilled for 15 minutes by the cops for not having it and having to prove it was my weapon.
    Not to mention Wifey getting PO'd for taking too long going thru the tables.
    Outside of that, got a great deal for my Walther p22 and on a 24" Free Floating Varmit upper for my Ar15 thru Tonys Customs.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not to defend the security but you guys weren't at the Crown Point show when a doofus shot a 8mm steel core round thru the line where the dealers sit and impacted the wall.Last year I was hit by schrapnel from a spectator that was clearing their weapon at the 1500 during the show.Still have the scars on my right calf.There is a reason for this type of paranoia.Even the dealers aren't allowed to carry in a holster just uniformed police officers (not saying they clear them,just can't see 'em).

My neighbor(dealer) on the next row over caught a shoplifter around 2:45 & he somehow got some bright red lumps on his forehead enroute to be arrested...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So you're not allowed to be holstered during the 1500 even unloaded and slide locked back? Cause the LEO watched me reholster my BDE after he orange tagged it.....

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    had a good day, got some cool shirts, one had my fal bolt on the back, bought some 30+rnd 9mm mags for my glock 19, some pmags and good ar aluminum mags, my brother bought a bevy of great knives very cheap, met a few ingo guys today, great time though, learned that steyr is going to make the AUG in the us and should be hitting the market in november, possibly under the price of the MSAR stg556.
    STEYR ARMS INC.: Welcome to STEYR ARMS Inc.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So you're not allowed to be holstered during the 1500 even unloaded and slide locked back? Cause the LEO watched me reholster my BDE after he orange tagged it.....

I unload, lock the slide back and reholster before I enter the building. When I go up to the table, I clearly expose the holstered gun and slowly draw it by the slide, not the grip. I then hand it to the officer butt-first. After he's tied it, I reholster it. Never had a problem.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

That rule applies only to dealers that they are not allowed to have a holstered weapon.That's why I carry that big honkin' knife in a shoulder rig.Yes,I know how to use it too...

Top Bottom