• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clever_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Cash is the best, especially if you find an individual with something for sale at a price you cant resist. I believe most dealers can take your plastic but you will probably get the best prices with cash.

I wouldnt count on the rules in the 1500.com website to dictate Indiana law regarding sales tax or to be current. You will be charged current sales tax rates.

Ok, cash is king, got it. Thanks for the info.

And BTW I understand that the specific tax rule is out of date. My poor attempt at humor.

Thanks again

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    Also regarding cash, there is an ATM there, but last time I had to use it (didn't bring cash) it only gives you like one or two hundred at a time and i think cost $2-$4 each transaction. Just FYI so you don't get raped like I did.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'll be lucky this weekend. I'm driving to GA Saturday and will hit the Napannee Gun Show Saturday morning which is always a good show. Then the 1500 about 1:00 for a couple of hours. A late lunch/early supper at Shapiro's Deli on my way out of town. I hope to make Chattanooga but will be happy with any distance beyond Nashville.

Will be looking for a small frame revolver to purchase. Maybe even a .44 if the deal is great.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I have never been to this show. How are the prices in general? Will all of the tables be dealers or will some be private sellers. Will the give decent deals on trades? I am thinking of going up on Friday.

Thanks for any info.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    sat

ill be there sat whats everyones opinion on when is the best day to go besides all im personally partial to sunday because some dealers dont want to take guns home and are easier to deal with

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'll be there Saturday looking for new holsters, ammo for the Mak and possibly AR-15 variant. Hey, is INGO gonna have a table?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have never been to this show. How are the prices in general? Will all of the tables be dealers or will some be private sellers. Will the give decent deals on trades? I am thinking of going up on Friday.

Thanks for any info.

John,
    I have been set up at the 1500 since '87 and the best bet is to buy out-right what you want from a dealer.MGE from Mishawaka has some kick assed deals on new guns but they bend you over like a break-action shotgun on trades! The thing is most dealers will need a 'margin' to make money on your trade-in.They can't give you more than what they can buy your weapon @ wholesale regardless of what the f%*kin' Blue Book says.That publication is just a gauge and not what a mainstrean dealer is going to offer it for sale even if it is NIB-New In the Box.Also,another consideration,if you have a weapon and it hasn't been fired...it is considered MINT or NIB but the dealer will consider it USED since it went thru the process of BATFE.A good example is if you buy a car.Drive it off the lot and you lose money as it is now a used car.

If you use plastic to pay for a weapon,the C.C. company charges a fee so you might see an up-charge for this transaction as most things listed is for CA$H.You might even see sales tax collected for a transaction via credit card while a cash transaction sees no tax collected.This is all up to the dealer(s) and isn't a point to argue as most will void the sale.If the dealer doesn't collect sales tax,it's their butt,no-one elses.

I hope this helps you on any future purchases at a gunshow.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    John,this is from my perspective from a long time vendor,buyer and gunshow whore.Not everything I stated is set in stone but this gives you an overview of how this show operates.

Top Bottom