• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Didn't get to evening hunt yesterday had to take the wife to the ER , but she's fine or will be.... So heading to north of muncie this morning do to the wind direction.. Its a new property to me just got permission on it so gonna give it a try... Will report back later..

Well got set up, just after day break where I could see good I felt I was in a good spot, then about 9am BOOM about 100yds from me then just a min. later BOOM again the first one made me bout jump out of my boots... After the 2nd on got the bino's up looked towards where the shots come from it was on the property next door, thought ok this morning is shot so to speak... About 15min. later a guy walks past me about 15' away and don't have any orange on walks up to the house next door gets in a truck and leaves... At no time did he get down and go look to see if he hit anything, he just left.... So I set till 11:30 and nothing ! So that was my morning, its just been one of those seasons.... Wonder whats next ??? Geezzz I was gonna go back for a evening hunt but the more I think about it that nut will shoot at the first thing in the field and not give the deer a chance to fill the field to see what comes out so Im not gonna waste my time for nothing... Gonna hunt somewhere else this evening...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    At Crane for a mil refuge hunt, getting ready to leave my office and climb a tree.

Skipped this morning since I had a doe to drop off at the processer.

Good luck all!

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Savage got to eat Sunday morning. 2nd doe of the year for it (shot one with it during firearms season). Time to hopefully find a buck the next couple weeks.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im thinking about going out a bit before legal shooting hours and get set up. i found an area with tracks every where and tons on scat. also found where they are bedding down so i think i'll try there in the am

bowtech83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2014
    Muncie
    took this doe at 206 yards with my custom smokeless ML 11-29-14, double lung

Attachments

• doe1.jpg
      doe1.jpg
      133.2 KB · Views: 15
    • doe 2.jpg
      doe 2.jpg
      136.9 KB · Views: 35

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    gettin started a little later than i wanted but i'll be heading out here in a bit. will probably only stay a couple hours but at least i'll be out there

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    went this morning and saw absolutely nothing again. next time i guy im going to bring a .22 so i can at least get some squirrel meat out of the trip.

i did however see some bobcat tracks and poo which was pretty cool...the tracks were cool the poo was just poo

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I havent been out for a couple of weeks. Letting things calm down from gun season. Lots of shooting on neighboring properties. Still haven't got my buck this year, hoping to get one late season with my bow.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    so what do you guys do to bring the bucks out into the daylight this late into the season?
    I was planning on going out the few days after Christmas for some holiday hunting.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    so what do you guys do to bring the bucks out into the daylight this late into the season?
    I was planning on going out the few days after Christmas for some holiday hunting.

There is really nothing you can do to MAKE bucks come out in the day time, about the only thing you can do is hunt a food source and hope they come to eat early... Pray for cold weather and them to be hungry ?????

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Spent enough late season mornings frozen by the time the deer arrived.
    Midday or just before dark, my new hunt times.
    Won't even get in my truck until the sun is up (and I gotta drive a ways).

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Spent a half hour this morning watching a young doe follow my cat around the back yard. I thought she was going to follow her right up the steps onto the deck. Silly girl didn't even run when I opened the door to let the cat in.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    If i am hunting for deer with my muzzleloader can i have a .22 for squirrels? I am thinking about tossing a chipmunk into my bag next time i go out so i can get deer or squirrel.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Spent a half hour this morning watching a young doe follow my cat around the back yard. I thought she was going to follow her right up the steps onto the deck. Silly girl didn't even run when I opened the door to let the cat in.

I'm thinkin' you could make some money here, renting out your cat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom