• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I rather enjoy grilling in the winter..............I gotta splat something each yr.
    Looks like the .35 Rem is staying in the safe.
    If I stick a doe I'm done.
    If not come gun i'll go to help my bud drag whatever he blasts out.
    Yeah me? I'm screwed so am taking the lazy way.........groundblind, sleeping bad, director's chair and the Colt Python.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I saw a nice heavy mainframe 8 point this morning. He was just trotting by out of bow range. I grunted, but I am sure it was lost to the strong winds.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hmmmm, did a little reflecting............last 5 years bowhunting traditional.......have only shot at 4 deer. Missed 2, killed 2. Went 2 yrs with no shots (does too small or bucks basket racked). Have not see but one buck over 120" (while hunting last 5 yrs).
    I gotta get a lease if I'm gonna P&Y anything while I can still shoot a stickbow.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Husband got a buck last night that weighed over 200#, and that's as big as we ever see on our property. He's pretty happy after having a complete bust last year.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't pass on bucks near the end if the year as I typically only see one or two all season. During bow, I am not picky either but will let forks and spikes go. I do shoot every doe that I can. Only saw one doe and one 6pt. Shot the doe and no shot on the buck. This year I have spent a little less time in the stand and no time scouting so expectations are not high. I may get out 2 more times before gun season and only hoping for another doe.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Just started hunting a few days ago, 3rd time out last evening, woods just got lumbered out last few weeks and have a logging road right under my stand tree now, tree tops down all over but all the logs and logging done. Well I got standing cornfield behind me, I'm in corner of woods. A doe comes right in looking, thought it was yearling first but it wasn't, then fork horn came in and then wondered off, couldn't rattle cause the one doe was still hanging around about 60 yes. in wood, it literally was going around the tree tops on the ground. Then another doe comes out of cornfield and mills around on the logging road, so guess the logging didn't bother them a bit. I passed up one little buck last year and had no does in range….no deer last year. So took this 1 1/2 yr. old doe on the open logging road 24 yes. total pass through with the old 70 lb. Hoyt with a Muzzy…..then the dang thing ran 100 yards back out into the cornfield…..dang…still gotta drag them, drove truck right back to where I shot her so at least that was nice….got some good backstraps on this one. Now I can look and wait for a big buck.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Had a nice 8 come in on a string at 4:30 last night. Not the deer I wanted though. Soon as he got down wind of the Code Blue ,he wouldn't leave. Came within 5 yds of me 3 times. Spent around 40 minutes under my stand. He finally left my site of view. Then I thought he came back,When he turned his head, I saw he was wider than the other one. He was out past his ears.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Here's my 2015 buck and how I am thanking God for him! We were getting low on meat and needed one badly and my Lord just brought him in and guided the shot this evening about 2:20. Not the biggest 8 pointer around, but I'm more interested in the freezer getting filled than long tines LOL.

First archery kill, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not but the arrow stuck in him (didn't go all the way through) and he knocked it out while he was running. I'm running a Ten Point with Grim Reaper broadheads. Anyway, never heard a crash, and when I went to track I found my arrow covered about 3/4 of the shaft in blood and the broadhead gone. Could not find a drop of blood. Checked a nearby pond and there he was, floating in the middle. As the crow flies it was probably 40 or so yards from where he was hit. First time for that type of deer retrieval as well LOL

God is good.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've been hearing shots from different guns coming from a few houses down the road. Rifle sounding cracks and a ML sort of roar.

Last minute I know, but I ordered some heavy .357 bullets to build a load for the "trail gun." Anyone have a clue where to find 180gr Hornady XTP's? H110?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Congrats on the kill! How'd you get him out of the pond?

Wasn't nothing to do but just dive in and get him :laugh:

Thankfully the pond only got about waist deep before I could grab his tail and start hauling to the bank. I thought for sure I was going to loose my boots.....and then I thought about how ironic it would be for them to find my body holding onto a deer's tail.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Put the smack down on a big doe this morning. Had deer around me all morning, but she just kept tempting me. 27 yard broadside shot = rage through the cage. She piled up less than 50 yards from where she was shot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wasn't nothing to do but just dive in and get him :laugh:

Thankfully the pond only got about waist deep before I could grab his tail and start hauling to the bank. I thought for sure I was going to loose my boots.....and then I thought about how ironic it would be for them to find my body holding onto a deer's tail.

:):

I envisioned you out there, fishing rod in hand, heaving a long topwater bait as far as you could cast...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We've got 8 does in front of us and not a buck to be seen. I sure thought things would be heating up by now with all of the scrapes we are seeing pop up on a daily basis.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Put the smack down on a big doe this morning. Had deer around me all morning, but she just kept tempting me. 27 yard broadside shot = rage through the cage. She piled up less than 50 yards from where she was shot.

Good work! She's going to be mighty tasty! Sausage, jerky, ground, tenderloins...what's the plan?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom