• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Way to endure!

I was wussed out at 9 today- stand faced into the wind the whole time.
    Got down and curled up by a log, was too cold already to get a nap in.
    Heard a car beep twice, know from what feeder fencerow that was. Boogied fast down field edge and cut it to make sure they didn't go down the creek.
    Pushed the two back to cuz, who had easy shots on them, but declared them too small.

This dog warmed up, but that's 3 times I've been in the stickers to cut deer off/push and I'm tired being a beagle with rabbits.

Speaking of rabbits, had 3 of them right at the crack of dawn, running like Indy cars around my stand. Pretty comical.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Nothing yesterday or today. I can understand with the wind yesterday but 30 degree temps should've got them moving today. Sat from 2-6 this evening and nothing.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    went to Crane to do some scouting and found some fresh MONSTER rubs along an old logging road.

I think me, the Excalibur and Summit climber will be busy after work this week ;)

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    My boy!
    2012-11-25_17-45-45_477.jpg

DBoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    So yesterday my dad and I were hunting, and around 11 we called it quits. So we were walking back to our jeep along a county road. We walked right past a cymetary, and I look over and see what I think to be a dead deer (Apparenty I'm only good at finding dead or injured deer not live ones, seeing as I found two dead deer the day before but not a single live one). Well it got up and started dragging itself, so my dad called the county sherriff to get a permit to take it home, so he sent out a DNR worker, who came and shot it and gave us the permit to take possession of it. Not exactly how we wanted to come home with a deer, but the button buck didn't have to suffer any longer and we get some good meat in the freezer.
    393.jpg

DBoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    sure it's not diseased?

Yep we're thinking some other hunters spooked it and it ran out onto the road and got hit, plus it appeared to be healthy. It was hit in the hindlegs so for a roadkill deer we should get a decent amount of meat out of it.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    My sons first deer

picture.php

The day started just like a few others with landon catching up on some rest LOL!

picture.php

Then he was finally able to connect with a 5 yd shot!!!

picture.php

If you think his smile is big you should see mine as im taking this pic.

I have harvested a lot of deer in my life and been lucky enough to tag a few real nice ones but I have to say this hunt and has jumped straight to the top of my list!!!

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My cousin shot the buck in the top two pics yesterday morning. It was his first time hunting this year because of his work schedule. He sat down at 7:00 and called me at 7:45 to tell me he already had one down. He shot it at 20 yards and dropped it in its tracks. He shot the buck in the third pic last year from the same tree and it was walking down the same trail. They were almost standing in the same spot too. Must be nice to be that lucky!!!!!

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    No pics to post but I have harvested 5(does/button bucks) with my Handi-rifle in 500 S&W mag. Freezer is full even had some to donate. Only bucks I saw were in the fields after dark or before sun up. Rabbit season for me anyway...

Top Bottom