• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    My wife and I came home once and a pit-bull was in our yard. I asked the wife to sit in the SUV till I checked. I drew my pistol, slide out the door and approached the dog. He turned out to be a very friendly pit that wanted some loving. No harm no foul and a happy ending.

We have a pit lab mix in the house and loves to be loved on. The neighbors though are scared to death of her. Good.

As far as eight shots, adrenaline has a lot to due with that. We were not there so............you know.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It gets away from you and runs into my yard like its attacking me and it will be a dead dog......I would not advise you getting aggressive either.

Is your advice based on the fact that you THINK you might be bulletproof? Wait a minute...you dont have a blue tshirt on with a large "S" on it do you?

Lucky for you...we arent neighbors.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It gets away from you and runs into my yard like its attacking me and it will be a dead dog......I would not advise you getting aggressive either.

Go back and read the first paragraph of my post again. Also, don't be a ****ing *******, tough guy. I don't need your advice in any way, shape or form either, superman.

See above.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Is your advice based on the fact that you THINK you might be bulletproof? Wait a minute...you dont have a blue tshirt on with a large "S" on it do you?

Lucky for you...we arent neighbors.

My advise was in response to the posters response....what is your response about? If we were nieghbors why would I be unlucky...? What would you be planning to do.....sounds like you want to shoot me? Is that what you are saying, if we were neighbors you would shoot me?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    971niw.jpg

There he is again, obviously thirsty for blood.

I can link up pics a few hundred vicious pitbulls and wounded and scarred children. You would say that proves nothing...

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know if this has been said, as I didn't read the entire thread, but while a dog might be a big baby, cuddly and cute, they still have the propensity to be a killer. Modern dog breeds were once wild.

I used to walk my neighbor's Siberian husky. Sometimes I would even roller blade with him (please LOL at me, I deserve it...). I would skate along side and he would trot at a decent pace. He was a GREAT dog and a cool friend. One day, he saw a deer and holy #$)!* did he take off running. He was pulling me at this point and I didn't want to let him go. I had to jump in the grass (while still holding his leash) to stop myself because I was on roller blades (please LOL at me again). It felt like we were going 30mph. When he turned around, after we were stopped, he was a totally different animal. He was a predator. It took a while but I calmed him down. He never approached me or acted hostile towards me. The moral of the story is that every animal has the ability to act like that. They must always be kept on a leash because no one knows how a dog will react in every situation.

I get so tired of seeing pictures such as the above "There he is again, obviously thirsty for blood." You have no idea what your dog is capable of until he/she does it. Sadly, for the many victims, they didn't know either.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems to me that the most important issue is being ignored for the most part: Why does spooking a cop automatically equal a magazine dump? After all, I thought the rationale behind our present system of law enforcement is that we need these super-responsible people to be the only ones taking care of business. If spraying lead is responsible, I would sure hate to see the alternative.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren

this is how the little girl aka little sweetie smiles to show you A) she is happy happy happy B) I have done something I not supposed to and I don't want you to be mad!!

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    most people would be nervous or scared by this smile!..... Look at the body language not the teeth! Like I said people need to educate themselves about dogs, just like the ratards that hate guns!

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    most people would be nervous or scared by this smile!..... Look at the body language not the teeth! Like I said people need to educate themselves about dogs, just like the ratards that hate guns!

This doesn't help the argument in any way. Just because you have cute pictures of your dog and your dog has never done anything that would make you think it's dangerous, doesn't mean it's not dangerous. Then again, you know what they say about arguing on the internet. I have to ask though, how would educating myself about dogs stop dogs from being violent?

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    If you knew more about dogs and their behavior maybe you would know the difference between a dog that:

A) Wants to ****ing eat you
    B) Wants to let you know you are invading his territory....back off
    C) I love people and I want to smell you and say hi

watch caesar the dog whisperer.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you knew more about dogs and their behavior maybe you would know the difference between a dog that:

I've definitely watched "Cesar," and he's great. How would knowing the above help me if a dog is charging me? How would knowing the above change the fact that dogs can become violent with unknown stimuli?

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I think its pretty easy to tell if a dog wants to eat you or wants to be friendly. If you cant figure that out, I don't know what to tell you. Dogs don't become violent with "unknown" stimuli. There is a reason for their actions. If you don't know why, that doesn't make them unknown. It just means you clearly don't know why. Dogs become violent when they are threatened......don't threaten them or challenge them....very simple

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I think its pretty easy to tell if a dog wants to eat you or wants to be friendly. If you cant figure that out, I don't know what to tell you. Dogs don't become violent with "unknown" stimuli. There is a reason for their actions. If you don't know why, that doesn't make them unknown. It just means you clearly don't know why. Dogs become violent when they are threatened......don't threaten them or challenge them....very simple

So don't threaten or challenge them and they won't want to eat you....? This sounds like what your saying.....? Because if you see a dog wanting to eat you, which is pretty easy to see then you must of done something to challenge it or threaten it....? I know plenty of people that have been bit that were not threatening or challenging a dog.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why can't we break loose from the false dichotomy being argued? It seems that there are two different lines of thought here, which are that either no action whatsoever was justified, or that the shooting as executed was absolutely justified with the possibility that the tickets were a little much after killing the dog. How about the middle ground? It seems to me that effective defense is possible without a magazine dump and/or turning the target into a Swiss cheese. I was taught from the time I first contemplated buying a gun that the purpose of self-defense is to stop a threat, not to eliminate the target from the face of the planet with extreme prejudice or to mutilate the target to the point that his/her/its own mother would not recognize the remains. Some people addressing this general subject are as bad as abortionists in their unwillingness to accept any workable solution that does not involve the object of the discussion being DEAD.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

A charging dog event happens quickly.

On the other side, are we really to believe that the cop didn't realize it was a puppy?

Let me rephrase that, are we to believe that the NEIGHBOR didn't realize it was a puppy?

:dunno:

Honestly it sounds like the neighbor was pissed about something else? Get the poo off my lawn? Stop barking in the middle of the night?

I don't think the fact it was a cop has much to do with the shooting. I think a pissed off neighbor saw their chance to "get even" and took it. :twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Perhaps. Perhaps not.

A charging dog event happens quickly.

On the other side, are we really to believe that the cop didn't realize it was a puppy?

Let me rephrase that, are we to believe that the NEIGHBOR didn't realize it was a puppy?

:dunno:

Honestly it sounds like the neighbor was pissed about something else? Get the poo off my lawn? Stop barking in the middle of the night?

I don't think the fact it was a cop has much to do with the shooting. I think a pissed off neighbor saw their chance to "get even" and took it. :twocents:

Aside from the getting away with it with minimal question by virtue of being a 'special one', I would tend to agree with all you posted.

Top Bottom