• mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    482569_167009473459793_468673175_n.png

police-shootings-of-dogs-statistics-2013.png

The facts of the matter are relatively clear. All too often cops first response with dogs is to go to the gun. In almost every case it would have been unnecessary if the cops were properly trained, as mailmen are. Mail carriers receive training on dog interactions. They interact with dogs much more frequently than cops and seldom have adverse encounters, due to being properly trained. We see entirely too many cases of puppycide by cops these days. It's a lack of training and it is easily remedied. Most Humane Societies offer training or can refer people for training. Departments fail to offer the training because they just don't give a rip if a cop kills a member of someone's family when that member has four legs. Get the training and stop killing peoples dogs.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    yes I am saying a 4month old puppy COULD NOT KILL a concious grown person...

And what does that have to do with shooting the dog? We don't just shoot to stay alive. We shoot to avoid serious bodily harm too. Being chewed on by an unknown wild dog in an inner city would be high on my list of things to avoid at all costs.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I only skimmed enough of this thread to see ignorance and hatred of "pit bulls." This is directed at no one specifically, but please educate yourself on the bully breeds before you go spouting off about them.

eg688z.jpg

My "vicious" Boxer-Bull, Colt. If someone tried to harm him, they would quickly find out that the master is much more aggressive.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I hate when dogs get shot.....makes me sick! I hope that nobody ever shoots my dog and puts me in a very bad situation. If I saw somebody shoot my dog....I would treat it like i would someone shooting at me.

I had a 150lb German Shepard charge me and my 12 week old puppy a few years back. He wanted to eat my dog. Like I said...my dog means the world to me. I would never let anything happen to him. I protect him! now he is big and in return he watches over the the rest of the family. I jumped in front of my puppy and stood my ground. If the angry dog was going to attack lil pup, he would have to get through me. I took several steps towards the charging dog and yelled. He immediately stopped and retreated. I could have shot that huge angry German Shepard, But he could be the love of someones life! You wouldn't shoot a person for yelling or running at you?? Doesn't make sense that dogs are gunned down and people are ok with it

Dogs are, in a way like guns.....

People that don't love and understand them are scared of them. What does citizens of USA do when they don't understand and fear something??? They try to get rid of them.

bottom line.....dont **** with my dogs or I WILL **** YOU!.

sorry this just pisses me off more than anything.

+1 I would deliver one big shi^storm on anyone that shot my GSD's. Just like you said....they are here to protect my family and me. They are my family too.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    what does that have to do with shooting the dog???? its a fricken 25lbs PUPPY thats what it has to do with................................... a puppy attacking you really???? puppies dont cause life changing injuries.

chewed on by a dog would suck but a puppy doesnt chew on people.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    In almost every case it would have been unnecessary if the cops were properly trained, as mailmen are. Mail carriers receive training on dog interactions. They interact with dogs much more frequently than cops and seldom have adverse encounters, due to being properly trained.

In 2011 were 5,879 dog attacks on U.S. postal carriers in the United States. This is despite their superior dog ninja training. 4.7 million americans are bitten by dogs annually on average.

In almost every situation... Yikes, you've personally investigated almost every situation? Are these case reports that you've examined or civil suits you've read where you only get the exaggerated statements of someone who stands to make a lot of money if they win?

Regardless of whether this guy is a cop or not he was protecting his kid from a dog that should have been behind a fence or in a house.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Everyone knows that pit bulls are known for thier love of sitting and listening to birds, sometimes I hear they love to chase butterflies and do a little gardening.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    First problem owner being so stupid to not have the dog leashed. Second problem is he is a dad seeing a dog chasing is kid doesn't matter what kind of dog.( i love bull dogs) I think any one seeing a dog chase their kid is going to freak out. 8 shots overkill who am i to say but will do as i must do protect my kids. I have a guy that lives two doors down and has a little taco bell dog and every so often he runs into my yard and chase's and tries to bite my 5yr old little girl. Now no i'm not going to shoot the little dog but sure will punt him across the yard. It sucks because now she is scared of dogs until she gets to know them. And yes i have said something to the owner and he said its just little dog and i told him if it does happen to get ahold of her i will have to bite him a couple of times and see if he likes it. lol

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And what does that have to do with shooting the dog? We don't just shoot to stay alive. We shoot to avoid serious bodily harm too. Being chewed on by an unknown wild dog in an inner city would be high on my list of things to avoid at all costs.

Try this argument with the shoe on the other foot. If you try to avoid becoming a chew toy for 'officer chompy' that way, you will be charged as if you shot a two-legged officer. In the case of a dog being deliberately turned loose on a person improperly, as in the case with the Evansville-Vanderburg computer technician who was at work working when turned into a chew toy, I could see it morally and ethically being more justifiable to have shot the dog and the cop both than most of the cop vs. dog shootings of which I have become aware.

Before the mob starts, let me assure you that I understand the difference between morally/ethically right and legally right. I also understand that those writing and enforcing laws often don't give a damn about being morally or ethically right. I also expect that I need not explain my reasons for considering police suspect until proven otherwise. Even if there are fewer officers of suspect character than I am inclined to believe, it only takes mistakenly giving the benefit of the doubt once to mess up the rest of your life.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    In that case, a citizen called the police stating and a run was generated as a burglary in progress of a shirtless man was crawling on the floor in the middle of the night in a school building. A K9 cop gives announcements that he is coming in with the dog and that anyone inside may be bitten...the guy was wearing headphones. The dog bit the guy and they determined that he was not a burglar, but a computer technician working weird hours...and shirtless for some reason. They paid for his medical bills for a bite that was considered minor, though i'm sure he **** his pants.

I'm not sure what this has to do with a dog chasing after a kid and a gun owner shooting it. I'm clear that you consider police officers guilty until proven otherwise.

again with the "most cop vs dog shootings" are you referring to most that you've read about or MOST in actuality... i would argue that the only one's you've read about are based on lawsuits by the dog owners where you only hear their side.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    what does that have to do with shooting the dog???? its a fricken 25lbs PUPPY thats what it has to do with................................... a puppy attacking you really???? puppies dont cause life changing injuries.

chewed on by a dog would suck but a puppy doesnt chew on people.

Total fail.......some people thought that and when they were not watching their puppy got their baby boy and chew, ate his genitals off. The puppy was destroyed.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I only skimmed enough of this thread to see ignorance and hatred of "pit bulls." This is directed at no one specifically, but please educate yourself on the bully breeds before you go spouting off about them.

eg688z.jpg

My "vicious" Boxer-Bull, Colt. If someone tried to harm him, they would quickly find out that the master is much more aggressive.

It gets away from you and runs into my yard like its attacking me and it will be a dead dog......I would not advise you getting aggressive either.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    For those who think tjis wqs over reacting to kill a "puppy", are you supposed to stop and ask how old the dog is when itvis charging your child or yourself? This was justified and I would do the same thing. The tickets were the only possible overkill involved here.

Top Bottom