• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    Do threads about non-cops speeding get posted on INGO? Methinks not. And there are penalties for me driving over the speed limit, and I'm not immune from them.

I wouldn't exactly call my post defending it, but it isn't high on my priority list of getting ticked off about. I don't know what happens when get in a wreck due to my negligence, its never happened.

What left lane thing? And I didn't say "everyone" speeds.

Coming from you, it is a cop bashing thread. I don't need any investigatory skills to figure it out. There must not be enough hate on INGO lately to make you post a story from Florida.

As for feeling butthurt, I'll post a story lumping your LTCH-holding brethren into the same pile. Keep a lookout for it.
    Are the penalties really the same though? What are yours, IF you get caught doing it, a verbal reprimand for the 1st offense. If a 2nd one occurs then a paid vacation(suspension) for a few days. Brutal.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    23 pages by noon. I love this topic.

Eh, only 7 pages at 9am.

Me thinks that Frank provided a lot of humor without anyone else having to jump in.....that includes his 'response thread' of a story from 2009. :laugh:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I just want to ask...... why is it okay for you to publicly humiliate people on the side of the road but its not okay for John Q Public to do it to you on an internet forum? I am not trying to poke at Frank but if your doing your job correctly then why not let these threads go in one ear and out the other?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are the penalties really the same though? What are yours, IF you get caught doing it, a verbal reprimand for the 1st offense. If a 2nd one occurs then a paid vacation(suspension) for a few days. Brutal.

Paid suspension? Thank the media for this absurd notion. Suspension = no pay, police powers for the duration. First offense could be a reprimand all the way to days off. A single day is $250 less in our check plus a day less in seniority plus it can be used against you in promotions.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    As long as someone is driving their vehicle within the limits of their vehicle and their abilities and respectful of the safety of others & themselves, than exceeding the speed limit is, at least with me, ok. It doesn't matter what that person's profession is. If given a choice, I'd much rather see an officer, who has taken a course on driving, and has many, many miles behind the wheel, speeding in a squad car, than to see a teenager with 24 months of experience speeding in a vehicle with a coffee can exhaust pipe that looks like its plastic bumpers and duct taped spoiler will fly off when it breaks 45mph and bald tires and brakes that have never even been looked at.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, because all of those inexperienced drivers out there will assume that all cars approaching intersections and cross streets are going 20 MPH over the posted limit and so appropriately judge opportunities to merge and cross the road. No chance whatsoever of misjudging the speed of others, resulting in collisions, with rampant speeding infractions going on. Nope.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Define please.

Personally I have been detained by officers either by gun point or in hand cuffs on the side of the or in a parking lot. Publicly humiliated for all to see only to be let go sometimes up to an hour later for practicing the 2A. The reason for the stops ranged from tail light out, license plate light out, OC while using an ATM.

I have only been pulled over once for speeding. 62 in a 40 and I thank the officer for the ticket in which I deserved for breaking the law. He was probably the nicest officer I have ever encountered.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Just wanting to get the group consensus... Is there any amount of speeding by a LEO whether off duty or on duty not on a run that is acceptable? Or should the posted speed limit be strictly followed by them?

It's clear that if the police did 55 on 465, traffic would come to a standstill.

The concern is when an off duty or officer not on a priority run exceeds the speed limit by 20-30+.

I'd say the "police" speed limit would be +10mph the flow of traffic.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It's clear that if the police did 55 on 465, traffic would come to a standstill.

The concern is when an off duty or officer not on a priority run exceeds the speed limit by 20-30+.

I'd say the "police" speed limit would be +10mph the flow of traffic.

Wonderful, a special class of citizenship.......and exempt from yet another law.

Top Bottom