• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How many officers have noticed fellow officers exceeding the speed limit, while not on a run?

How many officers have ticketed another officer for excessive speed?

How many officers have issued speeding tickets?
    Well, I do know that J706, a cop by his own admission, says that he refuses to ticket fellow cops for anything. They get a pass from him, unlike the rest of us. Not sure how prevalent this is. I'd guess some cops would ticket a fellow officer under the right circumstances, but some of our INGO cops have stated that traffic violations are low on their priority lists, (good for them). Some cops do have their vehicles marked, tho to avoid potential troubles.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How many officers have noticed fellow officers exceeding the speed limit, while not on a run?
    Oooo, I HAVE...I HAVE....

How many officers have ticketed another officer for excessive speed?
    None that I know of

How many officers have issued speeding tickets?
    .Zilch
    I have no idea if this is still correct for our traffic unit or ISP. But LEO's are not alone. I will not stop a senior citizen (knowingly) or ticket them, same with active military, truck drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, pizza delivery, pregnant mothers, drivers with a last name that starts with a "Z".

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I have no idea if this is still correct for our traffic unit or ISP. But LEO's are not alone. I will not stop a senior citizen (knowingly) or ticket them, same with active military, truck drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers, pizza delivery, pregnant mothers, drivers with a last name that starts with a "Z".

Well if you haven't issued a ticket to a speeding officer or speeding motorist - I'd say you're playing fair.

Have you stopped (detained) either for like offenses?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Do threads about non-cops speeding get posted on INGO? Methinks not. And there are penalties for me driving over the speed limit, and I'm not immune from them.

Saywut?

Since I don't know your speeding habits, I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say you do speed when off-duty, but let's just assume you do for the sake of this conversation...

How many times have you been ticketed for speeding since joining the police force?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Saywut?

Since I don't know your speeding habits, I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say you do speed when off-duty, but let's just assume you do for the sake of this conversation...

How many times have you been ticketed for speeding since joining the police force?
    Now you are assuming he has been pulled over for speeding

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have nothing valuable to add to this thread except my neighbor is a Sheriff's deputy in an unknown county and when riding around with him in his POV he says, "Don't worry, I have FOP plates"....

Now, that's not to say he speeds excessively, at most he goes about 10 over from what I've seen. But he has been pulled over at least twice in the year that I've known him ... he says every time it's the same. Cop walks up, asks what department, they chat a bit, and then he goes on his merry way...

Fair? Well, I think a little leeway is acceptable (by my standards) but when it becomes a habit or becomes excessive (like 115 mph) then it's a problem...

I can't really say much, I've been pulled over for speeding twice and let off with a warning by ISP both times. I think it's fair to say that police should also get warnings as long as they aren't being totally stupid about it.

If I was a cop (LOL) and noticed a fellow officer speeding I would like to say I'd pull him over and ticket him but I can't say I would for sure...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

That's a good policy. I mean, they have to wait all the way until the end of the year to renew their plates, they were always called last during school roll call, they're put all the way at the back of the phone book. It's just not fair for them and it's nice that you've recognized that and are trying to make it up.

Also, in the spirit of this "random story with no ulterior motives" thread, I'd like to post my own news story. There is no particular reason behind it, I just thought you guys might like to read a story I found on the internet. Here you go:

Pharmacy robot can reduce likelihood of future outbreaks - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well if you haven't issued a ticket to a speeding officer or speeding motorist - I'd say you're playing fair.

Have you stopped (detained) either for like offenses?

If they are driving cars with plates that don't belong to the vehicle or altered paper plates, sure, they will get stopped. I am looking for stolen cars. OR if they are doing something that I cannot overlook.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    First, this involves a completely arbitrary law. In my reckoning, the existence of arbitrary laws are very difficult to defend. Second, when you have one demographic given virtual impunity when breaking that law, it necessarily will cause discord with most everyone else. Third, when those who can break the law with impunity are the very same ones who enforce that same law on everyone else, it adds a huge element of rubbing our noses in s**t.

Incidentally, this same principle can be applied to a number of other issues as well. and of course the .gov has foisted on us the notion that only the 'special ones' can be trusted with rights clearly established in the Constitution (think NFA/Hughes Amendment, or localities like Chicago). No offense to any individuals here, but the piecemeal establishment of a class of overlords doesn't go over very well with some of us. This statement may sound extreme, especially given that by itself it is not a major step in that direction, but just as you can reach any sum of money one penny at a time, you can likewise create a split between classes of citizen one small piece at a time. We already have equal protection under the law in name only and are well under way to the point at which no pretense of such a thing will be made. Again, although the speeding is really only an annoyance when taken on its own merit, it is representative of a much larger and deeper problem which is not likely to get better any time soon.

That's pretty well stated. Now what are we gonna do to improve the situation? It's about respect for each other IMHO. A two way street, it should be. There are enough obvious idiots on both sides of the argument to give videotaped examples of those who deserve no respect. When are we gonna start taping and publicizing good behavior so folks have a better example to follow?

Top Bottom