• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So my partner at work finally got his LTCH, he filled it out January and received it Monday. He proudly showed me yesterday, a brand new, laminated, WHITE copy of his LTCH. :n00b: I told him to not carry on that since we aren't LEGALLY supposed to make copies of a Larry. I told him to make a pink copy, if he was going to carry a copy and not the original. What say you INGO? Carry on the white? Or Pink only?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I have had really good luck at Staples, yes I know they are anti-gun but they were willing to make numerous pink copies, then I signed them ALL in BLUE ink and had them laminate them. I have one in each of our vehicles, our camper, my range bag, my wallet and I have the UNSIGNED original still in the envelope it was mailed in securely tucked away in my safe in case I need it again. Oh and I dont really care about the legalities of carrying a copy as I would doubt ANYONE would be able to determine a copy versus an original especially during a stop with the police.

Gunner

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I have no problems with him carrying a copy. I just don't wanna see him get in trouble for carrying a white LTCH when it all can be avoided by carrying a pink copy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pink, but only to avoid any problems with an overzealous officer. Given that you no longer need to have your larry actually on your person when you carry, they should be calling it in to verify anyway, and so whether you're carrying the original or a copy should be 100% irrelevant.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    We're lucky in Indiana. My old Georgia (called a permit there) has one of those halographic imprints and was sent laminated. My signature was imprinted from my application. No making copies of it. It also has to be carried on your person. I kept mine behind my dvrs. license.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    you don't need to carry the paper at all now, from what I understand. But go pink just to be safe.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We're lucky in Indiana. My old Georgia (called a permit there) has one of those halographic imprints and was sent laminated. My signature was imprinted from my application. No making copies of it. It also has to be carried on your person. I kept mine behind my dvrs. license.

I wish we had something more robust so copies weren't an issue. My driver license has been through the wash a few times- no problem. I have my "bar card" laminated in 2 layers, my LTCH in 3 layers.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You don't need to carry it at all. The "possession" language was removed last year. You now simply must be licensed.

I also don't see anything in IC that would prevent copies, or defines what color a copy should be. The State Police will happily charge you $20 for a duplicate, so having multiple copies is obviously not illegal.

That said, copies on pink make it look "official". Also, reducing it to 88% when copying, and then laminating, makes it the same dimensions as a credit card (fits in your wallet).

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There are no legalities or illegalities of copying...BUT...
    Pink, but only to avoid any problems with an overzealous officer. Given that you no longer need to have your larry actually on your person when you carry, they should be calling it in to verify anyway, and so whether you're carrying the original or a copy should be 100% irrelevant.

This ^.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I wish ours were like that. Mine from FL over 20 years ago was laminated, with a picture, etc.

Kind of ironic, IN issues a lifetime LTCH that will only last about 5 minutes in the real world if it is not laminated, copied, etc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm gonna get a tattoo that looks just like my pink LTCH. (notice that I did'nt call it "my pink larry") ;)

Top Bottom