• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    So my partner at work finally got his LTCH, he filled it out January and received it Monday. He proudly showed me yesterday, a brand new, laminated, WHITE copy of his LTCH. :n00b: I told him to not carry on that since we aren't LEGALLY supposed to make copies of a Larry. I told him to make a pink copy, if he was going to carry a copy and not the original. What say you INGO? Carry on the white? Or Pink only?

Everyone already said it. Why do you say you cannot legally make copies? I don't see that outlined anywhere.
    A white copy is just as good as a pink copy. They both have the license number.
    You don't even need either copy, just recite your license number and they can call it in.

You don't have to ID yourself, only provide a valid license #. So it's not your problem if they can't verify the license is yours.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just going to write my Larry number in crayon on a dirty napkin and then laminate that. :cool:
    It's just as verifiable as the original artifact sent from the ISP.

So, to recap:

1) There is no law preventing making photocopies of your LTCH, with or without color-matching pink paper.

1A) The above is true regardless of what the minimum wage slaves at Staples, Office Depot, Kinkos, etc. claim.

2) The ISP's LTCH FAQ (EIEIO) even recommends making photo copies of your LTCH.

2A) But they will gladly take your $20 for a brand spankin' new copy that they make themselves.

3) There is no longer any requirement under law to carry any physical artifact, whether or not related to your LTCH, on color-matching paper or not, in order to exercise your LTCH rights.

3A) In a pinch, mere recitation of your memorized LTCH license number from the upper-left corner of the LTCH form is entirely legally sufficient for any competent IN LEO to verify either by accessing IDACS or radioing in to dispatch.

3B) This is true regardless of what any overzealous and/or ignorant LEO claims.

3C) If you are of a non-wave-making bent, it would be better to carry a color-matching, signed, and laminated photocopy of your LTCH than a non-color-matching, signed, laminated photocopy of your LTCH.

3D) If you are not of a non-wave-making bent, carry a non-color-matching, signed, unlaminated, folded, spindled, and mutilated photocopy of your LTCH and make a point of mentioning to any questioning LEO that it is a copy and not the original and that you have many other copies available to you in case he gets the idea that confiscating your "forged" LTCH would in any way inhibit your RKBA.

3E) If you're ATM, just carry your LTCH license number scrawled in crayon on a dirty napkin.

4) Always store your original, unsigned LTCH in safe document storage at home or elsewhere.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .........The State Police will happily charge you $20 for a duplicate, so having multiple copies is obviously not illegal..........

2A) But they will gladly take your $20 for a brand spankin' new copy that they make themselves..

$20 is a document fee.
    Possibly a deterrent to being a tool and losing your license in the first place. :twocents:

The ISP have to take steps and effort to reproduce the LTCH when demanded.
    Find the info, print the file, fold, stuff, postage, mail.
    That does take time.
    The fee is excessive to the tune of 1000% but there you have it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Are you going to eat a greasy pork sandwich in a dirty ash tray too?

Mmm...

chet.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Who needs pink paper? I simply color scanned mine (high res) on my el-cheapo HP all-in-one printer/scanner and printed it on common 20# white inkjet paper at home. The color difference is barely noticeable when compared side by side and impossible when seen without the original. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ewww.... a sanitary napkin joke...

Why do I keep having the most bizarre:runaway:, whacked-out :nuts:, Seriously...What. The. Actual. F:nono:??!?, rubber-room bat-:poop: crazy :n00b: kind of traumatically disturbing dreams :eek:, only to log on to INGO and have a Paul Harvey-esque, "...and now you know the rest of the story..!" moment that makes me realize the dreams were precognitive??!?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit injecting LSD straight into my arteries...

LloydBridgesonGlue.jpg
    ...:dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hey Bushido, Scutter01 made the joke in an oblique fashion, I just put the spotlight on it for us to see :)

Good luck with those dreams though. Run them by Mackey, he has a knack for such things.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Who needs pink paper? I simply color scanned mine (high res) on my el-cheapo HP all-in-one printer/scanner and printed it on common 20# white inkjet paper at home. The color difference is barely noticeable when compared side by side and impossible when seen without the original. ;)

Same here. I even signed and laminated the original. Copied it on the color ink jet right through the lamination. Looks identical to the original except for the back being white. I handed it to a State trooper a few years ago, no problem at all. Of course now that we are not required to carry the pink it is really non-issue. I will still keep a pink copy as a courtesy for LEOs.

My original is in a small card holder with my FL and UT licences. I leave that in my safe unless traveling out of state.

Top Bottom