• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed a few Octoberfest beers appearing on the shelves. For German beer lovers this is the best time of year. So far I've had the Sam Adams Octoberfest and its good as always. I then scored a case of Warsteiner Octoberfest at Costco for ~$28.
    I'll try more as I come to them as usual. So what are you drinking?

female-guests-dressed-in-bavarian-attire.gif

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I haven’t had Sam Adams October fest for a few years, but it always seemed like it was a little different from year to year, some years it was amazing, others, not so much. I like yuengling October fest, and if you can find it, Great Lakes makes a really good one.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed a few Octoberfest beers appearing on the shelves. For German beer lovers this is the best time of year. So far I've had the Sam Adams Octoberfest and its good as always. I then scored a case of Warsteiner Octoberfest at Costco for ~$28.
    I'll try more as I come to them as usual. So what are you drinking?

View attachment 377412
    Guinness and Miller Lite....

Having to change beers by the month or season sounds like a first world problem that I am ill equipped to deal with.

Although I did have a Klooz Brewing Augtoberfest that was pretty tasty.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yuengling traditional lager. Don't like fruity beer and that seems what all October fest beers are. Fruit does not belong in a beer. Just my opinion of course

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yuengling traditional lager. Don't like fruity beer and that seems what all October fest beers are. Fruit does not belong in a beer. Just my opinion of course
    You should give them another try. No fruit is in German beer. It's the law!

The provisional Beer Law of 1993 was passed to ease the strict rules of the German Beer Purity Law. The law is more of a modification of the German Beer Purity Law. The new regulations accommodated water, hops, malted barley, yeast, hop extract, and malted grains. The laws also accommodated the used of pure sugar for coloring and flavoring of the beer. A fining agent like PVPP was also allowed as an ingredient for the brewing of beers in the country. A 2015 court ruling allowed the use of other ingredients and flavoring as long as the product is not labeled as "beer."

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You should give them another try. No fruit is in German beer. It's the law!

The provisional Beer Law of 1993 was passed to ease the strict rules of the German Beer Purity Law. The law is more of a modification of the German Beer Purity Law. The new regulations accommodated water, hops, malted barley, yeast, hop extract, and malted grains. The laws also accommodated the used of pure sugar for coloring and flavoring of the beer. A fining agent like PVPP was also allowed as an ingredient for the brewing of beers in the country. A 2015 court ruling allowed the use of other ingredients and flavoring as long as the product is not labeled as "beer."
    Could be true with a true German beer but I know Sam Adam's and a bunch of the others use fruit, and that's nasty.

Might look into a true German beer next time I'm at the liqour store

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Paulaner and Hacker Schoor Oktoberfest Beers are fantastic! I drink these two all Oktoberfest season long and great beers like this all year long because: Life is too short to drink P$ss Poor Beer like Bud Light.
    Period! :40oz:

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    top 3:
    weihenstephan festbier
    ayinger marzen
    hofbrau festbier

last year I tried quite a few of the local & craft/usa-brewed beers and wasn’t really a fan of many. especially Founders, which you see everywhere around me. It’s still on the shelves in December for a reason.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JTINDY59
    Top Bottom