• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I think Younda9 has a point. And if this were any other guy, and in different circumstances then I would say you are correct. But I know Mike and I know what he is trying to do. He is not your typical OCer, he is doing it specifically to spread awareness in our little city. I have seen first hand how he carries himself in public and I can attest that it is no different than I except that he makes it a point to talk to people about his gun and I usually just talk to people and let them notice on their own.

Also I don't know many OCers that dislike the attention. Its my personality. I like guns and I like to talk about them. Its a great conversation starter with people you would never expect were gun people.
    Thanks, TF. You know exactly what I'm doing. I'd rather stay concealed but maybe our friends on this board don't know the depth of the story about you getting hassled at the zoo. It's a big deal here. When your case comes up there will be a lot of publicity again. I hope there will be a good handful of people who can reflect that "Yeah, I saw a normal looking guy riding his bike on the river front and there wasn't a problem." Incidently, we had an armed robbery at a grocery a couple weeks ago and an incident last night where two dudes stole some liquor from a CVS and the store video shows one of them knocking down a lady employee to get out of the store. The more of this that happens the more people may welcome the sight of an armed "normal" person shopping next to them. I'm not an OC exhibitionist (or any other kind either.) Hey, maybe a nude ride on the bike trail with an orange flag protruding from my "trunk" would get me a lot of attention.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks, TF. You know exactly what I'm doing. I'd rather stay concealed but maybe our friends on this board don't know the depth of the story about you getting hassled at the zoo. It's a big deal here. When your case comes up there will be a lot of publicity again. I hope there will be a good handful of people who can reflect that "Yeah, I saw a normal looking guy riding his bike on the river front and there wasn't a problem." Incidently, we had an armed robbery at a grocery a couple weeks ago and an incident last night where two dudes stole some liquor from a CVS and the store video shows one of them knocking down a lady employee to get out of the store. The more of this that happens the more people may welcome the sight of an armed "normal" person shopping next to them. I'm not an OC exhibitionist (or any other kind either.) Hey, maybe a nude ride on the bike trail with an orange flag protruding from my "trunk" would get me a lot of attention.

Bleach my eyes now, thank you.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Only carried openly a couple times today. I took my jacket off inside McDonalds on St. Joe, Lowes west side and the Long John Silvers on west Lloyd. The best part of the day was a stop in an east side shoe store for my wife. I was talking to the clerk as we checked out. He mentioned something about the 2nd amendment (I was wearing a jacket so he didn't see my G23.) I then asked what he thought about the "Zoo guy." He said it shouldn't have happened. I told him the city is probably going to pay through the nose and as soon as "the guy" showed his license the conversation should have been over. He said, "God bless him. I'm glad he stood up for his rights. We're loosing too many of them now." So, being a good gun nut, I slightly opened by jacket so he could see my piece. He said, "Good for you." I wished him a good day and we left.

I've brought up "The zoo guy" (whoever that is) to a lot of people and only a couple have said he shouldn't have openly carried. When I've explained the law they've almost all changed their minds. Is anybody else in E'ville trying to talk this up?

What show store was it? Ben said he thinks I need a new pair of shoes and I agree!

:)

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I texted your sweet dumplin' earlier and said Mike Pence is going to be at the 2A meeting tonight and I might try to make it anyway. Mary isn't feeling good so would you try to save a seat for me?

We will save a seat. Tell Mary I hope she feels better.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What show store was it? Ben said he thinks I need a new pair of shoes and I agree!

:)
    Reikens by Kight Lumber just off of Boonville highway. The guy's name is Robert. He may go by that or Bob. If you go there freak him out good and tell him who you are. He's 100% behind what Ben is doing. I don't know how fancy the shoes are. Mary needed something that would work with an orthopedic insert but they should have regular shoes too.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Reikens by Kight Lumber just off of Boonville highway. The guy's name is Robert. He may go by that or Bob. If you go there freak him out good and tell him who you are. He's 100% behind what Ben is doing. I don't know how fancy the shoes are. Mary needed something that would work with an orthopedic insert but they should have regular shoes too.

If we don't get shoes we can at least met the guy. I always like to hear from people that support us.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yeah it was a good meeting. I'm glad that guy sitting close to you asked Jim Tomes about the Zoo situation. That gave me a great opening to request a little time to talk about our publicity efforts. The group really reacted when I mentioned the lady bicyclist behind us on the trail and how she told us it made her feel safe with us in front of her. I hope a few people will make an effort to open carry while your suit is still pending.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    For you people on here who live in or around Evansville, I have a question. With the armed robbery of the Subway on south Green River Rd last night, the strong arm robbery of the CVS at Morgan and Oak Hill, and the invasion type robbery of the Wesselmans on the east side a couple weeks ago do you think now MIGHT be the time to start joining in with some open carry around here? People I've talked to lately have commented about all the criminal activity going on. Where can you go and be safe from one of these robberies? I firmly believe that the sheep around here are more than ready to see some openly displayed firearms. Now you have plenty of examples of why you carry if someone asks. Something has to be happening in Titanium_Frost's zoo case because we haven't heard anything from Guy and there hasn't been anything in the local media for awhile. When the case/settlement happens there will be a lot of publicity again. This can do nothing but help all of us.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Easy there, I believe OC is about freedom and doing what you think is right. Some people just don't believe in it and are not comfortable with it. I would rather have a couple nice confident guys like us than an army of weird fidgety nervous people that are going to make people nervous because they are nervous themselves. You made great points at the meeting and several guys came up to me and said that they OC on occasion around town so it is definitely spreading. Just give it time.

Top Bottom