• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    You guys aren't alone, I OC all the time, everywhere I go. Except work, I work in IL. I've OC'd up in northwest Indiana for about 3 years or so, started OC'ing when I got my LTCH. As a matter of fact I've only CC'ed twice and that was at a funeral and a wedding. Never once have I had a negative experience. I've had on occasion had positive experiences from other gun owners and from non gun owners looking for info.

I'm one of the few people who happen to OC all year long due to having a hatred of coats, I keep a coat in tba car, just in case. But never wear one. Rest assured there are more of us OC'ers out there, I just seldom post about it because its an everyday normal experience for me. Keep up the OC'ing and updates I enjoy hearing about it, and believe this is the way to make people stop fearing tools.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Easy there, I believe OC is about freedom and doing what you think is right. Some people just don't believe in it and are not comfortable with it. I would rather have a couple nice confident guys like us than an army of weird fidgety nervous people that are going to make people nervous because they are nervous themselves. You made great points at the meeting and several guys came up to me and said that they OC on occasion around town so it is definitely spreading. Just give it time.
    Nice Guys?:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Easy there, I believe OC is about freedom and doing what you think is right. Some people just don't believe in it and are not comfortable with it. I would rather have a couple nice confident guys like us than an army of weird fidgety nervous people that are going to make people nervous because they are nervous themselves. You made great points at the meeting and several guys came up to me and said that they OC on occasion around town so it is definitely spreading. Just give it time.
    Me? Get passionate? HAH! It takes a little to do something you don't initially feel comfortable with. I just see a golden opportunity for a lot of people in Tiny Town to see more openly carried guns while the "zoo madman" case is ongoing. I talked to several new people in businesses today and it was all positive. Like Jim Tomes said Saturday night, "When people say they are with us in spirit it does no good. We need bodies."

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It was chilly this morning but I took my jacket off to OC. First stop was McDonalds on St. Joe. I walked my wife through a crowd to the restroom then got coffee. Nobody else was at the counter so my gun was very visible. Next went across the street to Thorntons. The ladies there are getting used to seeing me armed. Hardees on St. Joe was the next stop for a sausage egg biscuit. I've known the manager for 30 years and she definitely saw my pistol and didn't say anything. I know she has seen it several other times. We then visited an old business friend and dropped off a good book for him to read. We talked about some of the recent robberies here and he looked at my G23. Two employees also saw it. They were very supportive of armed citizens. We went back to Rieckens Shoes for my wife and saw the same guy who waited on us last week. He is a big-time 2A supporter and thought it was really cool that I was OCing and said if a lot more people did that we'd be better off. Another gentleman worker in the store couldn't get his eyes off me. Unfortunately I think he was more interest in ME than my gun. He freaked me out. We stopped at the Sonntag CVS where I made a point of talking to the pharmacist about the theft and assault at their store on Morgan ave this past weekend. She didn't comment but she could see my piece. The last stop was the attached Wesselmans grocery. Only a couple people in there but the check out and an older lady behind me got to see the Glock. All positive experiences today. In all the years that I've gone into these stores I've never seen another OCer so I have to conclude most people in them haven't seen it until I started doing it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    This morning I took my coat off before I walked into McDonalds. My wife had to use the restroom again this morning (like she has to go every stinkin' day. What's up wif wimmin?) Anyway I waited outside the restroom door and my G23 was highly visible to a couple dudes 10 feet away at a table. Next we went to Wesselmans on Fulton and Wesselmans on Weinbach. At the Weinbach store I brought up the armed robbery at the Pollack store a couple weeks ago and the clerk agreed it was dangerous over there. I made a point of telling her and the bagger that I carry (while pointing to my piece) so if I'm caught in a bad situation nobody is going to try to drag me into a bathroom to shoot me. They agreed that was cool.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Dang. Where is TF when he's really needed. The Diamond Valley Credit union on Washington ave here in Tiny Town just got robbed about 10:30 by three dudes dressed in hoodies and masks. Sounds too much like the robbery at the Pollack Ave. Wesselmans within the last couple weeks. Anyway, these dudes didn't show guns but had one or more "lead" pipes. Now if Frosty had been standing in line at a teller window with his pistol on would the BGs have turned heels and left? I just read the story on the Courier's web site Evansville Courier & Press: Local Evansville, Indiana News Delivered Throughout the Day. and commented on "what if" the zoo guy had been there.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Combo breaker on you Mrortega. I have started OCing after reading up on it here. I have noticed mostly positive responses here in Indy. I am in some of the rougher gas stations on my way to and from work and find it humorous when i get a whole lot more "Yes sir, No sir" than i do when i went in before without OCing.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Some here might say I would have a headache from a lead pipe... But I doubt it would go down like that.
    You're probably so hard headed (you OCd into the zoo for gosh sakes!!) and lead pipe is very soft that it would probably just make you mad. Now if the dudes had XH cast iron you'd be in trouble. I wonder how they would use it. Would they hold it out sideways like they do their pistols:D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Combo breaker on you Mrortega. I have started OCing after reading up on it here. I have noticed mostly positive responses here in Indy. I am in some of the rougher gas stations on my way to and from work and find it humorous when i get a whole lot more "Yes sir, No sir" than i do when i went in before without OCing.
    Oh crap. TF's bad influence affected me now it has been passed on to you. Say, I wonder if little Colt has been to the Indy zoo?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    TF, I got you all set up to visit that shoe store we talked about. The guy called me today about some shoes that my wife ordered being in. I told him the "Zoo Guy" was going to come see him. He started laughing and said, "Can't wait to meet him." Why not take Mrs. Frost? Since you will both be OCing see who the other dude I mentioned above stares at; you or the mrs.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Today I open carried in Schlotskys on Green River road. But the best spot was my optometrist's office for my wife's glasses. There was one particular mother with five kids and ALL of them were fitted for glasses. Holy paycheck! No one paid the slightest attention to me. I also ran into a guy there from a company I used to work with. I made a point to sit next to him and told him to tell his boss, Mark, that he saw me and I was "packin' heat." He got a kick out of that. Man, this is getting easier every day.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I had an interesting day today. We had to take some shoes back to Rieckens that my wife was having trouble with. I called ahead and talked to our salesman, Bob. He said he would refund our money. I said, "Are you just being nice to me because I carry a gun?" There was a slight pause then he LHAO. When we got there I was carrying underneath my jacket. As he was fitting my wife for a new pair of shoes he stopped and looked up at me and said, "You know. The 2nd amendment was meant to protect us from the government." That started another good talk about personal protection. I brought up the Lubby's massacre in Texas and the shooting at the San Ysidro McDonalds near San Deigo. (He also told me that after we left the other day he was talking to the owner's son about me carrying. The son told him that's cool. More people ought to do it!) While we were at the check out about 3 other sales guys were at the counter. They were kinda staring at me so I said, "I hope you all weren't freaked out the other day when I open carried my pistol." One of them said he thought I was a cop. I said, "No, I'm a civie just like you. This gun is my not-going-to-get-murdered-in-a-gas-station-bathroom-during-a-robbery insurance plan." They all nodded in agreement. Later we went to the Green River Bob Evans for lunch and I ate with my coat off. I went to the restroom twice so some people could get a good look. Small steps today but progress nonetheless.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I was out and about today again. I OCd into the Walgreens on St. Joe. I had to wait for a slow customer in front of me so the chick behind me had plenty of time to stare at the G27 on my left hip. After I took my wife home I decided to ride the Greenway trail again from the Museum to Garvin Park. It was a little chilly at first and I had a loose shirt over my regular shirt. The dang thing kept covering my G22 (Took the big boy out today) so I stopped on the trail, took it off and wrapped it around the handle bars. What is the good of trying to be conspicuous if nobody can see it? After that only about 8-10 other walkers and riders were on the trail. Instead of riding back the way I went I decided to ride down Main St. all the way to the river front. I had to stop at about half the lights and several times drivers or passengers passing me stared at my gun. After a leisurely ride thru the down town I got back to the museum. On the way home I stopped at Wesselmans on Fulton (motto: Thanks for your money, sucka. Now try to get to your vehicle.) There were only a few people in there but the manager/checker got a good look and was a lot more polite than normal. She probably thought I was a cop. I didn't get a lot of exposure today but at least a few more people will remember seeing an armed dude when TF's case is public again.

Top Bottom