• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way?? Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something. If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that. Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    129031388551530438.jpg

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

:popcorn:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    :popcorn: this is going to be good,
    i as a occasional OC-er and CC-er (whatever is comfortable for the day) , i have to "partially" disagree. I carry what is comfortable (more often than not OC). I also believe that if a guy is about to rob a store and sees me walk in OC-ing, i believe that he is less likely to either rob it while i am there or possibly give him enough "jitters" to change his mind altogether. I also believe that by OC-ing i am "protecting" others (inclunding you CC-ers) with that magical Halo effect. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".
    :horse:

Why do CCers automatically feel like they have to insult OCers because of they way they carry? Carry however you want and stop worrying about everyone else. Mind your own business.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way?? Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something. If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that. Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

...and you're wrong.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I just want to be clear I whole heartedly support either decision to OC or to CC and I really dont know that Ive made up my mind on either. I have OCed and CCed and didnt feel any different either way. You just see or hear of all these cases of peole OC and they have their iphones ready for a confrontation even if they are justified. Also they feel they have an advantage by OCing maybe the do maybe they dont but if you have ever been to a competition and seen guys absoultely melt from the pressure of a timer now imagine a real confrontation what ever advantage you have goes to the crapper. This applies to me and anyone who's never been in a gunfight how can we say its an advantage if we have never expeirenced it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just want to be clear I whole heartedly support either decision to OC or to CC

No, you don't. You've already made up your mind that OCers are just trying to get attention. Your two posts in this thread have so far ascribed a number of psychological analyses to "95% of OCers" with absolutely no basis in fact other than your personal feelings on the matter. You capped it off with an insulting tone that implied that OCers are tactically foolish or simply attention whores. Please tell me how that is "whole heartedly support<ing> either decision".

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    You can support something while disagreeing with aspects of it. I vote for presidents and dont agree with everything they stand for this is no different

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Spare us all the rehashing. I'm sure there are those on INGO that would be glad to meet you for a face to face discussion. Just pick one, PM them a place to meet, and go argue to your hearts content.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why do OCer's automatically think that a criminal seing their gun is going to stop dead in his tracks and run the other way??

What makes you think we do?

Most criminals arent afraid of weekend warriors packing guns if they got their mind set on something.
    And you know this how?

If a man comes into rob a gas station and you dont see him until its too late but he saw your gun from the parking lot and shot you coming thru the door what good is that.
    I have eyes in the back of my head. I see everything.

Now if it was covered and he came in the door and didnt see it he may just tell you to get down on the floor and proceed robbing the store at which point you will have a decision to make to get involved or let it ride. I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

I believe 100% of the people who make posts like this are just jealous they have smaller cojones than me, a girl who OCs.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You can support something while disagreeing with aspects of it. I vote for presidents and dont agree with everything they stand for this is no different

If you have actual facts with which to bolster your argument (and preferably without insulting people), then perhaps I'd be inclined to listen to that argument.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I believe 95% of OCer's just want attention and are not out to "stand up for our rights".

Wow. :rolleyes: and :n00b: , even.

and I'll even throw in an obligatory :horse: for free, due to your insulting tone.

Now, just in case you are not a troll and are merely new or woefully uninformed, I will reply on topic. I carry OC 99% of the time and I assure you that I do not seek attention, yearn for any return to the bad ol' days of spaghetti westerns and gunfights at the OK Corral, nor feel any need to make any political statement by my actions above or beyond merely enjoying the freedoms that I fought for and personally hold dear. I choose to exercise my right how I wish to, and have no objection to others doing so their own way as long as they manage to do so respectfully and responsibly.

I have yet to have any negative interactions as a result of my OC choice. I have never caused a stampede of panicking sheeple, I have never had JBT's called on me for carrying a firearm openly; I have, in fact, had many positive opportunities where I get to talk about and act as a friendly and informed ambassador for the hobby, sport, lifestyle, and right that we all love and additionally got to promote it to people I have met and talked to while out and about.

I have also witnessed the 'halo' effect that william alluded to. MOST criminals that I have come across are lazy and cowardly, with no wish for any kind of potential resistance from their victims. All it takes is a modicum of common sense and a bit of situational awareness, which anyone who carries should be practicing constantly regardless of chosen method of carry. :dunno:

Everyone is different and so are their own personal comfort levels. What makes logical and tactical sense to me won't to someone else and vice versa, depending on their situation, comfort levels, and environment. That's the cool thing about choices....:twocents:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    If you have actual facts with which to bolster your argument (and preferably without insulting people), then perhaps I'd be inclined to listen to that argument.

Im not arguing either way because I dont subscribe to just OC or CC I do both depending on the situtation. I was mainly trying to get more of a feel for why it seems based on things I have seen or heard that people think its better to carry your gun exposed. I see faults in both. I just dont like people who seek attention I guess is a better way of putting it. Ive seen people OC just to see if people will call the cops on them so they can record it and so on and so forth.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Wow. :rolleyes: and :n00b: , even.

and I'll even throw in an obligatory :horse: for free, due to your insulting tone.

It still boggles my mind how a words on a screen can have a tone I was just quoting things I have heard people say.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Im not arguing either way because I dont subscribe to just OC or CC I do both depending on the situtation.

So you're a hypocrite with no sense of logic?

I was mainly trying to get more of a feel for why it seems based on things I have seen or heard that people think its better to carry your gun exposed. I see faults in both. I just dont like people who seek attention I guess is a better way of putting it. Ive seen people OC just to see if people will call the cops on them so they can record it and so on and so forth.

You should stop hating yourself, bro. INGO loves you. You should too.

Top Bottom