Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The bottom line here is..
    This isnt just an Indy issue. There are gun owners all over this country organizing walks and other events to protest the violation of their rights, and/or unConsitutional gun laws. It is WORKING in some states.

Why are so many of your uncomfortable with protests/events to support your rights? Is it because they aren't "PC", or "tolerant of other people's feelings"??

Speaking of other States, has this event been publicized on national Open Carry websites?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    cookies.jpg

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The bottom line here is..
    This isnt just an Indy issue. There are gun owners all over this country organizing walks and other events to protest the violation of their rights, and/or unConsitutional gun laws. It is WORKING in some states.

Why are so many of your uncomfortable with protests/events to support your rights? Is it because they aren't "PC", or "tolerant of other people's feelings"??

Speaking of other States, has this event been publicized on national Open Carry websites?

I posted about the event on OpenCarry.org, feel free to post about it on any board you wish

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ATFC-- have you ever thought about starting your own rights-based website like OpenCarry.org, but for Hoosiers? You'd be the just the guy to run it.

I posted about the event on OpenCarry.org, feel free to post about it on any board you wish

Cool.

From opencarry.org front page:

"We don't suggest that people panic, because there hasn't been a problem with open-carry demonstrations in other cities."
    Palo Alto, CA police Lt. Sandra Brown, Mercury News, March 5, 2010

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have to say, every time I hear "handguns dont get noticed" or "Long guns are better for attracting attention" in combination with "Mall Walk".....

I think of this clip.

I think this is how the mall walk on Black Friday is going to go down... only when they take their coats off, that is the transition from Concealed Carry to Open Carry.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InIxKCa3H9g]YouTube - Zoolander - Walk Off Scene[/ame]

I apologize in advance, I have a new baby, and I got 2 hours of sleep last night, but imagining ATF and IndyMonkey FABULOUSLY displaying their sidearms and then walking thru the mall ....

makes me happy.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    No one has answered how they were able to contact all of you. :dunno:

Ok, evidently the reporter contacted Ed Coleman first wanting a comment. She told him that the info came from an indiana gun website and he assumed she meant INGO. He called Lars because they are friends and he also gave her Lars' contact info. Lars was too busy at work to talk to her, so he gave me her contact info and I talked to her. I posted about it in the MOD forum and a couple other MODs emailed her the same statement that I gave her on the phone. Now it's all out there....

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have secured the domain name myrighttocarry.com as an advocacy site to educate and promote our 2nd Amendment rights along with the safe handling of firearms.
    Nothing has been developed for the site yet...just getting started. :yesway:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Ok, evidently the reporter contacted Ed Coleman first wanting a comment. She told him that the info came from an indiana gun website and he assumed she meant INGO. He called Lars because they are friends and he also gave her Lars' contact info. Lars was too busy at work to talk to her, so he gave me her contact info and I talked to her. I posted about it in the MOD forum and a couple other MODs emailed her the same statement that I gave her on the phone. Now it's all out there....

Thank you.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'm ignorant on long-gun laws... But you don't need a license to carry to bring a rifle to am event like this? My friend doesn't have an ltch, but he's coming with me and owns a rifle.

While people on here are very knowledgeable, check out the Indiana Code for yourself and the same for your friend. Get in the habit of knowing the law before you do something. Standing in front of a Judge and saying: "Well GlockGodIknowEverything on INGO told me it was OK" isn't going to fly.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have secured the domain name myrighttocarry.com as an advocacy site to educate and promote our 2nd Amendment rights along with the safe handling of firearms.
    Nothing has been developed for the site yet...just getting started. :yesway:

might be a good spot for a dedicated Indiana OC forum, or blog, of course with easily-findable Indiana handgun law info :yesway:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom