• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    ATFC-- have you ever thought about starting your own rights-based website like OpenCarry.org, but for Hoosiers? You'd be the just the guy to run it.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ATFC-- have you ever thought about starting your own rights-based website like OpenCarry.org, but for Hoosiers? You'd be the just the guy to run it.
    Not a bad idea, that.
    Ok what about the AR open house(s?) Or NFA day?

That had to be an ingo event, right?
    Nah, I think that (the first one, anyway) was just organized here by some of the folks that knew ARs as a way to help folks build their own. More of a "let's all get together so we don't have to answer the same question in 50 different posts".

I think that for the most part, a good rule of thumb is "Was it Fenway's idea?", if the answer is no, then it's not an INGO event.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Yes indeed...I am just starting up my screen printing business...probably looking to market anything that goes viral...the first of the week I'll have some "Don't touch my JUNK! shirts ready to sell.

But after the whole handcuff incident, I have a serious desire to start some sort of advocate based business, not for profit most likely, to help educate the general public about our rights...I just haven't quite figured out the whole concept yet that makes it a viable effort. I'm working on it though.;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok what about the AR open house(s?) Or NFA day?

Negative.

The AR Open house was planned, organized, and hosted by me, VUPDblue, and shooter521.

NFA Day was planned, organized, and hosted by me, VUPDblue, shooter521, bigcraig, and lovemywoods.

I realize that some of us being Mods makes it appear to be an "official" event, but INGO did not "sponsor" either of those events. INGO, as an organization, provided no financial backing whatsoever-- the organizers did that. It was a group effort by volunteers.

We do things like that because we think the INGO membership would like it-- because WE like it.

If, for example, Fenway was contacted by the local media because of a proposed "machine gun shoot", he would have the same answer that he did in regards to the OC Walk-- "INGO provides a venue for gun owners to gather, but does not condemn nor condone the events planned by its members."

Last edited by a moderator:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bottom line is that an INGO officially sponsored/condoned anything
    could be (even in the slightest) a legal sticky wicket (official term).

Read liability.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ed Coleman seems to have a different impression. Has that been corrected?

Yeah, read a few pages back.

Cliff notes: He knows Lars and Pami personally, and Lars offered to help Mr. Coleman when he proposed holding a similar event. When Mr. Coleman stated that he had "spoken to Moderators" he was referring to them, who offered their help in an unofficial capacity, much like how I have helped organized several events here before.

Bottom line is that an INGO officially sponsored/condoned anything
    could be (even in the slightest) a legal sticky wicket (official term).

This is quite true. INGO does a good job of being a place for Hoosier gun owners to gather, and right now Fenway wants to keep that focus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Ed Coleman seems to have a different impression. Has that been corrected?
    Yes.

Cliff notes: He knows Lars and Pami personally, and Lars offered to help Mr. Coleman when he proposed holding a similar event. When Mr. Coleman stated that he had "spoken to Moderators" he was referring to them, who offered their help in an unofficial capacity, much like how I have helped organized several events here before.
    Correct.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

snip.

Interesting. The impression he chose to give in his Facebook statement is not that he was speaking to people acting in their personal capacity. Of course, he also chose to misrepresent the intent of those of us participating in the walk. I'm glad he's not on my city council. It appears to me he's either not very honest, or not very careful.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hey Joe I think you should start your own website too. You can call it INGOWatchDog.com. ;)

I've got no more interest in "watchdogging" INGO than I care about Ed Coleman. Until I see political figures on TV lying about gun carriers and their motives for exercising their First Amendment rights during the course of a peaceful and lawful demonstration, and using what he makes it appear he was told by other gun carriers as the basis of that lie.

That pisses me off. It SHOULD **** you folks off too since, accurate or not, he chose to leave the impression that moderators were the source of imformation he used to reach his conclusion.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I think going downtown and handing out fliers to those interested is a great idea.

However, what do you think when you see anti-gun or anti-hunting groups when they try to "educate"? PETA stunts? I personally think they come off looking like waco's and jackasses.

I did not elect anyone here to speak for me as a hoosier firearm owner. I also find it annoying that we all could potentially look like idiots for the sake of "education" for a right that we already have. I guess im in the minority around here but thats how I see it.

Please dont tell me "use it or lose it" -thats BS

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yes indeed...I am just starting up my screen printing business...probably looking to market anything that goes viral...the first of the week I'll have some "Don't touch my JUNK! shirts ready to sell.

But after the whole handcuff incident, I have a serious desire to start some sort of advocate based business, not for profit most likely, to help educate the general public about our rights...I just haven't quite figured out the whole concept yet that makes it a viable effort. I'm working on it though.;)

Dude, you gotta make a t-shirt with you in cuffs. Bet it would be a best seller for sure. Also got to put some kind a cool caption on it too.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think going downtown and handing out fliers to those interested is a great idea.

However, what do you think when you see anti-gun or anti-hunting groups when they try to "educate"? PETA stunts? I personally think they come off looking like waco's and jackasses.

I did not elect anyone here to speak for me as a hoosier firearm owner. I also find it annoying that we all could potentially look like idiots for the sake of "education" for a right that we already have. I guess im in the minority around here but thats how I see it.

Please dont tell me "use it or lose it" -thats BS

I am glad that anti groups have their rights and the ability to express them any legal way they want. My personal opinion doesn't matter because they are doing what they feel works best.

Don't worry, nothing we are doing will have noted anywhere that we are commissioned or endorsed by Mrmonte.;)

I was illegally detained and handcuffed downtown for exercising my rights...should I fight against this violation or just let it pass by? You do have to use it or it will be lost.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am glad that anti groups have their rights and the ability to express them any legal way they want. My personal opinion doesn't matter because they are doing what they feel works best.

Don't worry, nothing we are doing will have noted anywhere that we are commissioned or endorsed by Mrmonte.;)

I was illegally detained and handcuffed downtown for exercising my rights...should I fight against this violation or just let it pass by? You do have to use it or it will be lost.

So, this is what this whole event is about? If so, why wasn't this said days ago? It would have also been beneficial to offer this act of violation to the press as the impetus for the Walk. IMO, by doing this the Walk would not have the present appearance of being arbitrary and in the opinion of some, unnecessary.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So, this is what this whole event is about? If so, why wasn't this said days ago? It would have also been beneficial to offer this act of violation to the press as the impetus for the Walk. IMO, by doing this the Walk would not have the present appearance of being arbitrary and in the opinion of some, unnecessary.

No, that is not the intent of the walk, this is to be the same focus as the previous walks. It IS a reinforcing factor for me personally, but I have left that part out of this because that is a separate issue I have yet to have resolved with IMPD...still no response from them after being filed nearly 2 weeks ago.
    I only mentioned it in my last post as en example that a right not exercised is a right lost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom