• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    The biggest shopping day of the year means nothing.
    There are no stores worth shopping on the circle, and with parking under the garage those people don't even make it out on the streets.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The biggest shopping day of the year means nothing.
    There are no stores worth shopping on the circle, and with parking under the garage those people don't even make it out on the streets.

With that being said, you should do an OP event during the Lighting of the Christmas Tree/Circle. :D LOTS of people will be there then! :D

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Did anyone ever figure out how this reporter got the information, knew who the mods were here by their real name, had their home phone numbers, etc. I would not know how to call any of them and I have been on here for awhile. Would you?

When I was called by WIBC for an interview the reporter told me a member of Indiana Shooters forum had called channel 3 news. No idea whether this was a tip off or bragging.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I only just read the wrtv story. Pretty pathetic approach. They mentioned not being interviewed. How would you respond to someone that might approach you for questions? (media)

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    What does being an INGO advertiser have to do with anything?

I'd like an answer to this as well. :dunno:

I am not a spokesman for ANYTHING. I get called by the media about gun safety issues all the time. I tell it as I see it. If you are insinuating that my opinion is colored by money you don't know me very well. I stand up for what I believe in and don't kiss anyone's butt.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Just heard it again this morning on WIBC. They quoted Randall from Indy Gun Safety. He said, basically, that we are not the ones to be worried about. I about spit up my coffee when I heard the blurb on the radio. I thought to myself, "this must be an INGO event." :ingo: Great job to those organizing this event. I'll try to make it, but cannot commit at this time.

I did the same thing when I heard it on wibc this morning. I immediately pulled out my phone and found this thread.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    It's not an INGO event, it's my event, I just posted the event in the event section here, once again

This is not an INGO EVENT

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It's not an INGO event, it's my event, I just posted the event in the event section here,

This is true.

Although most of us (myself included) refer to "INGO events" as loosely meaning "an event organized by using INGO", INGO has yet to actually sponsor any events.

Thanks for the clarification SJ-- I hope I provided some as well.

:ingo:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is true.

Although most of us (myself included) refer to "INGO events" as loosely meaning "an event organized by using INGO", INGO has yet to actually sponsor any events.

Thanks for the clarification SJ-- I hope I provided some as well.

:ingo:
    Wasnt the INGO Meet Greet n Shoot at ECPR an "Official" event? :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wasnt the INGO Meet Greet n Shoot at ECPR an "Official" event? :dunno:

Nope. It was put together and organized by member RogerB (not even a Mod).

But, of course it was called the "INGO Picnic. . . ." because it was by INGOers, for INGOers.

Not to say that INGO, as an organization, doesn't love people organizing events-- but sponsoring an event isn't something INGO has done before.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

But, of course it was called the "INGO Picnic. . . ." because it was by INGOers, for INGOers.

Not to say that INGO, as an organization, doesn't love people organizing events-- but sponsoring an event isn't something INGO has done before.

With your new position will that change for future events?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    With your new position will that change for future events?

Anything's possible I suppose. But up until now INGO, an an organization, hasn't had anything that it wanted to "officially" attach its name to.

We did have an "INGO Day" at 21st Century firearms, an INGO Advertiser. But that was an event organized by them, for INGOers.

I may try to encourage more of those, and work with other Advertisers who would be interested in doing the same thing.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Ah, gotcha. I guess I "assumed" eh?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ah, gotcha. I guess I "assumed" eh?

It's a common thought really. And its a fine line.

That's why I don't want people to feel like INGO doesn't care about their event, or that it cares about one more than another. INGO is a great place, and I'm glad its here, but its the MEMBERS that make the events awesome. :ingo:

When we (INGO Staff) are speaking to the media, and we're explaining what INGO is and what we provide, we aren't saying that we don't support it, but rather that we don't take a position one way or the other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom