• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    *He then follows us to our car, as my 5 year old is crying his eyes out, and says to me “Daddy, why did that cop make us leave?” I replied loud enough that the officer could hear “Because he is an elitist and thinks that only cops should carry guns.”
    I hope you take that young man for some ice cream, and explain to him that the fact that you were carrying your gun openly was not the true cause of this incident. I would hate for him to grow up thinking that carrying a handgun for personal/family protection was a hassle not worth the effort, because of this traumatic (in his eyes) incident. A big ol' hug (the manly type, obviously) afterward might help too.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I hope you take that young man for some ice cream, and explain to him that the fact that you were carrying your gun openly was not the true cause of this incident. I would hate for him to grow up thinking that carrying a handgun for personal/family protection was a hassle not worth the effort, because of this traumatic (in his eyes) incident. A big ol' hug (the manly type, obviously) afterward might help too.

Great! The amount of good advice in this forum is not limited to firearms.

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I don't want to be the guy to say that you shouldn't exercise your rights. You were and are well within your rights here. And +1 for you not being a jack wagon when the LEO came up to you. HOWEVER, If you would have just kept that pistol tucked away you still could have defended yourself from the zombies, terrorists, muggers, and life-stock all while attracting no attention from the ignorant. Remember people OC makes your children cry.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't want to be the guy to say that you shouldn't exercise your rights. You were and are well within your rights here. And +1 for you not being a jack wagon when the LEO came up to you. HOWEVER, If you would have just kept that pistol tucked away you still could have defended yourself from the zombies, terrorists, muggers, and life-stock all while attracting no attention from the ignorant. Remember people OC makes your children cry.
    I hope you forgot your purple.

Daddy getting accused of a crime he did not commit, and then expelled illegally from a place he was allowed to be was the reason.

This is not an OC/CC debate.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nope, that's CC. They ram their little faces into your concealed pistol when they run up to give you a hug.

OC for the children

...and the ignorant. ;)

Mine used to say "I smacked my face on daddy's thing!" We had to have a brief talk after that. :rolleyes:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If you would have just kept that pistol tucked away you still could have defended yourself from the zombies, terrorists, muggers, and life-stock all while attracting no attention from the ignorant. Remember people OC makes your children cry.

And we would have one more police officer who hasn't been enlightened on the laws he is supposed to enforce. If people don't stand up and educate these people, we're going to wake up in a world where you have to walk through a metal detector to get into the fair. Let's see how well you can conceal then.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Here is another source to track GIS a nd Parcel Data across the State...
    Beacon Home

Might want to do a little Digging into the "Corporation" and determine who is actually behind the Money...

I know of a Couple of Municipalities that attempted to form themselves into Corporations for various advantages...
    If their Monies are still harvest from Taxes does that not still make them Public?!

That's the exact thing I'm wondering about since I just did some digging for my local fairgrounds (Bartholomew County) and here's what I found:

"History
    The fairgrounds were originally located on 25th Street which is now the Fair Oaks Mall. In 1956 a group of community leaders decided it was time to have a fairgrounds that was operated and maintained by an elected group of people who were interested in improving the conditions for the 4-Hers and businesses.
    Picture On May 7th, 1956 a group of citizens met and decided to form a corporate body, later called the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair, Inc. The first elected board of directors was elected at this meeting. They were Carl Fox, Martha Doup, Perry Doup, Harry Embry, Henry Hoevener, Walter Miller, B. Parker Newsom, Sr., Wendel Shireman, and J. Perry Thompson. The corporate papers were officially signed November 15, 1956 and a 99 year lease was signed November 24, 1956 between the County Commissioners and the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair, Inc.
    The ground was previously used as a county farm located at 200 S. and St. Rd. 11 and is now the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair, Inc. fairgrounds. The first fair was held on July 21-26, 1958. How blessed the community is for this project to continue!
    To find out more information on the fundraising drive for the Pagoda, please click here."

So it appears that a corporation was formed here too, but does where the income originates determine how the law applies?

Edit: Great link for that Beacon page... Here's what our fairgrounds lists as...
    So even if it's owned by the county, if it's leased by a so-called "private" entity, how does SB 292 apply? The taxes are paid by Barthlomow County 4-H Fair, Inc.

Property Class

620 - Exempt Property Owned By A County

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    He asked you if you were with an agency. If you had been, would all the frightened masses who saw you and called it in now suddenly be calmed because the cop found out you were with an agency? That question, implying that if you were an LEO you could still OC and frighten everyone gives the lie to his supposed reason for questioning you in the first place.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Great job to the OP!!! Someone mentioned that you weren't required to show your drivers license..I'll have to remember that in the future...this RESERVE leo was indeed a uneducated jackwagon....But I worry about any action that will be takin against him. The higher ranks will probably eduacate him an then try an hide it under the rug, mainly to keep from a lawsuit. To fire him or anything else would admit guilt that he was wrong an then if you do get a lawyer thats bad news for them. I think they are more worried about you suing them than they are training or punishing the RESERVE. All I know is that in my Co. when ever the Sheriff says he'll look into it an get back to you....they NEVER do. Hope you have better luck an good luck with the lawsuit if you pursue it.

Top Bottom