• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Here is an image of the moon on Saturday when Armstrong passed. It is waxing (meanng the part we see is getting larger). This picture shows that the moon was not crescent as the Obama mourning his death picture depicts. That picture could not have been taken on or shortly after Armstrongs death.

2vahbbt.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is an image of the moon on Saturday when Armstrong passed. It is waxing (meanng the part we see is getting larger). This picture shows that the moon was not crescent as the Obama mourning his death picture depicts. That picture could not have been taken on or shortly after Armstrongs death.
    I read that it was even a special photo that he had taken in his grief over Armstrong. It was just a stock photo he had available.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

2vahbbt.jpg

DOOD. I even gave you the DATE.

...stock photo taken on April 24, 2012.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    He looks up and remembers back to 1969, A poor African boy growing up in Indonesia. Watching the first man to walk on the moon, and saying to himself. "Someday I am going to become President of that great foreign nation that was able to accomplish this wondrous feat. And when I am I'm going to run it straight into the ground."

Sad but true. :+1:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Research the difference between Curiosity and previous Mars rovers. Then come back and we can continue this discussion. Claiming this wasn't much of a step demonstrates a clear ignorance about the topic at hand.

hOW about you do some reading on what was planned before all the cutbacks and get back to me. Drop your condescending attitude. It's not helping your cause. You want to be a troll, be a troll some other ****ing place.

Curiosity is a great step forward..... that should have been made 10 years ago. But hey, you want to swing on Obummer's nuts, good for you.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hOW about you do some reading on what was planned before all the cutbacks and get back to me. Drop your condescending attitude. It's not helping your cause. You want to be a troll, be a troll some other ****ing place.

Curiosity is a great step forward..... that should have been made 10 years ago. But hey, you want to swing on Obummer's nuts, good for you.

Swing on Obummer's nuts. I never mentioned the man. But since you did I would like to note that budgetary cuts will not be facing NASA for 2013. Besides, any previous cuts wouldn't, particularly 10 years ago and before, be under the watch of Obama. NASA's budget has been cut every year since the cold war but yet they have been able to land four rovers on Mars since 1996. Another rover is set to land in 2016. Astronauts are like school teachers when faced with a budget with a budget they don't like. They go public and lay it on thick. What they don't mention are topics like low Earth orbit being routine or technological advances rendering more expensive, massive techniques obsolete. There is never enough money for NASA if you ask a NASA employee. It is refreshing to see a reversal on your opinion of Curiosity. You went from not much of a step to a great step overnight.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My God you're an ass.

Where would you like to see NASA's budget land? It is around 0.5% of the annual budget. This is down from 5% at the height of the Cold War. If increased, where would you allocate those resources? I don't have much of a quibble with NASA's current direction. I imagine many are still sore over the shuttle program, old technology.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I thought it was going to be a spoof pic of the iconic footprint in the lunar dust, with Obama's face peeking in... "You Didn't Land There" :):
    Or Obama shaking hands with Neil on the moon. "Good to see you Neil. We have been waiting for you to arrive. Come on over and have a beer." :rolleyes:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Hmmmm. I saw that picture. I noticed the crescent moon and the single star. Familiar to anyone else?
    I keep similar pictures around like that of myself in case anyone ever wants my opinion on an important topic. I can write something witty on it and mail it as a postcard.

Is there a Post Office on the Moon?

PS yes I noticed.

Top Bottom