• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    This sounded like the start of a massive gun control push if I have ever heard of it! Oh Sh$t. I would not be surprised to see him going around congress as he has in the past.

I think by-passing Congress is exactly what he plans to do. Not sure how they plan to infringe on our gun rights, but things are about to get UGLY!!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I missed the speech, but I'm not surprised. He duped a lot of people in '08, and this time. I'm sure he pushed for GC without ever mentioning it. GC is a losing political argument, as the dem's found out after '94.

I don't put it past him to try this by executive order. "Never let a good crisis go to waste," and all.:rolleyes:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Please explain to me how he would do it by executive order and go around congress? I want factual information that can be checked concerning previous and similar motions, not hearsay from what infowars told you.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Please explain to me how he would do it by executive order and go around congress? I want factual information that can be checked concerning previous and similar motions, not hearsay from what infowars told you.

Therein lies the problem. Obama is all about stepping over his bounds in unprecedented ways.

No President has ever spent us into so much debt.

....or drone attacked so many people, including American citizens

....or forced individual American citizens to purchase a product from a private company (read: Obamacare)

etc.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    There's already a massive run on PMags; Midway has a 2 of each type (20 or 30rd) limit per order.

They won't be going after a sales ban. ;)

They already have shown their hand in the cyber security bill, luckily it failed.
    S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

In short, he can issue a law that is "the law of the land" unless or until Congress or the Supreme Court rebukes him. The only course that Congress has is to issue other legislation replacing the Executive Order. And of course the President can veto that legislation, effectively meaning that Congress needs a 2/3rds majority to overrule. The Supreme Court, however, can nullify an Executive Order by ruling it unconstitutional.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    "No more children should pay the price for some of our freedoms" it only means one thing!!! Here comes what we have all dreaded!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

In short, he can issue a law that is "the law of the land" unless or until Congress or the Supreme Court rebukes him. The only course that Congress has is to issue other legislation replacing the Executive Order. And of course the President can veto that legislation, effectively meaning that Congress needs a 2/3rds majority to overrule. The Supreme Court, however, can nullify an Executive Order by ruling it unconstitutional.

I hear he is going to ban RCBS progressive presses too. :D

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    An immediate first step would be to stop processing background checks for firearm purchases. The government could also levy huge taxes on guns and ammunition similar to taxes on tobacco and gasoline.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    An immediate first step would be to stop processing background checks for firearm purchases. The government could also levy huge taxes on guns and ammunition similar to taxes on tobacco and gasoline.

I can easily see this happen by an executive order. Just like him not sending back illegal immigrants. Or not enforcing the defense of marriage act! This is getting scary.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    The polititions that put gun free zones in place and anyone that voted for them are as directly responsible for the murders of those innocent children as the pe4son that pulled the trigger and they need to be removed from office asap! Im tired of talking about what they're gonna take from me as a gun owner! Its getting kids killed and it needs to stop! Every adult at that school should have been armed and trained and lives would have been saved. Our government laws are getting our kids killed. WAKE UP!!!

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I in no way support Obama in any way and do agree that he will plan to move forward with some sort of gun control. However I was glad to hear him mention mental illness. This to me is what really needs to be focused on. All of these monsters clearly have some mental issue.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Anyone who believes Obama will focus on anything but guns are delusional. Dems won't touch mental health because they are responsible for the problems. They got the institutions shut down that used to protect society from crazy people.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Anyone who believes Obama will focus on anything but guns are delusional. Dems won't touch mental health because they are responsible for the problems. They got the institutions shut down that used to protect society from crazy people.

Reagen was a democrat in the 80's?

Top Bottom