• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I do think there is going to be a strong push for an "assault weapon" ban.

I also think you'll see an effort to appease the hunters, not that the administration likes hunting, but it will appear more politically correct if it acknowledges the 2nd amendment rights. Of course you don't need large capacity magazines to hunt. Therefore, I believe we will also see an effort to ban "high capacity" magazines (or clips as the media prefers).

I didn't hear a lot of talk about this this weekend, but I think you will see an effort to create a national gun registry.

Finally, I don't think the ultimate issue for the left is gun control. I think it is mind control. They want everyone to think like them and they will not stop until they control the population. This means taking away our freedoms. Right now the 2nd amendment is the focus. We know government cannot control its citizens if they have the right to arm themselves. Next will be the 1st amendment. Our right of free speech will be the next target (I hope the use of the word "target" doesn't offend anyone). Anyone who thinks I am crazy (mentally ill and therefore unfit to own a firearm) just needs to look at Europe and Australia and what has happened there.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    All the Gun control Dems are coming out of the woodwork and talking about bans on "assault type" weapons and magazines over 10 rounds.
    Same old story, different day.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Actual text from last night's speech:

Full Text of Obama's Conn. Shooting Memorial Remarks | Loop21

The part of the speech that should have folks concerned:

Since I’ve been President, this is the fourth time we have come together to comfort a grieving community torn apart by a mass shooting. The fourth time we’ve hugged survivors. The fourth time we’ve consoled the families of victims. And in between, there have been an endless series of deadly shootings across the country, almost daily reports of victims, many of them children, in small towns and big cities all across America -- victims whose -- much of the time, their only fault was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

We can’t tolerate this anymore. These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change. We will be told that the causes of such violence are complex, and that is true. No single law -- no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world, or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society.

But that can’t be an excuse for inaction. Surely, we can do better than this. If there is even one step we can take to save another child, or another parent, or another town, from the grief that has visited Tucson, and Aurora, and Oak Creek, and Newtown, and communities from Columbine to Blacksburg before that -- then surely we have an obligation to try.

In the coming weeks, I will use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens -- from law enforcement to mental health professionals to parents and educators -- in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this. Because what choice do we have? We can’t accept events like this as routine. Are we really prepared to say that we’re powerless in the face of such carnage, that the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?

445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I BEEN HEREING A LOT OF GUN CONTROL ON ALL OF THE CABLE NEWS CHANNELS.
    WATCH NOW WHEN YOU GO & BUY GUN THEY ASK ABOUT IF YOU HAVE ANY KIDS THAT LIVE WITH WITH ANY MENTAL PROBLEMS THAN GET DENIE FROM BUYING A GUN.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I can't even read this entire thread. Yes, I feel that what has happened is a terrible tragedy, but it is astounding to see how many tin foil hat wearers are a part of this community.

Will the same people that have pushed for gun control continue? Yes.
    Will those people succeed? No.

I am extremely tired of ignorant statements attacking Obama, when Romney was much more likely to institute another AWB if he would have been elected. Yes Obama may be slightly anti-gun, but he will not push an AWB. Stop being paranoid.

He has said that he will.... How is that being paranoid?

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    My response to the FB talk of last nights speech

So this morning I hear that the Gentlemen who is soiling the seat of our presidency, made another speech last night,and still won't let the Families mourn in peace without throwing in some Gun control remark. So here is my challenge to all you people who think Gun control is the way to go... Go get any semi-auto weapon, load the magazine with ammo, put magazine in said weapon,charge/load the chamber,and then very GENTLY lay it down on a table. Now for some odd reason this semi-auto weapon(WITHOUT the help of anyone, MENTAL, CRIMINAL,ECT) just starts killing people, I will personally write the President a letter in favor of tougher gun laws. The reason for this post is not to upset anyone, or get me deleted as a friend. It is to inform everyone who reads this,that guns don't just go off unless they have a little help....
    So remember this when spouting off "GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE" Now with that said.. PLEASE take a moment and say a prayer for the Families of the victims....

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I can't even read this entire thread. Yes, I feel that what has happened is a terrible tragedy, but it is astounding to see how many tin foil hat wearers are a part of this community.

Will the same people that have pushed for gun control continue? Yes.
    Will those people succeed? No.

I am extremely tired of ignorant statements attacking Obama, when Romney was much more likely to institute another AWB if he would have been elected. Yes Obama may be slightly anti-gun, but he will not push an AWB. Stop being paranoid.

And so how many anti-gun measures did he push through the congress in his first 4 years?

Well?

Zero.

The fable of "The Scorpion and the Frog"

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."
    An illustration that the behavior of some people is irrepressible, no matter the treatment and no matter the consequences.

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    We all knew this would be used as a platform for stricter gun laws. Now it is up to us to convince everyone we know this wrong. I would bet that if the faculty of sandy were armed not a single child would have perished. Evidence for this can be derived from the previous weeks mall shooting. The shooter, when confronted by another armed person, lost his will to fight and took his own life. Potentially saving many innocent shoppers. We must convince the people we know that we are responsible for our own safety. Not anyone else. The NRA can't do this they preaching to the choir. We have take this to the people we know.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Well lets do it then, Obongo.

If we make guns illegal, then surely by that logic we'll officially make murder illegal that way no one will EVER do it...

Said no one ever.

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    Gem your right zero...but all through his first term he said he would like to put a new awb in place. Now with no election fear what is now stopping him doing so...hopefully responsible gun owners all across this country

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Talk about a rude-awakening...

We just got back from vaca in the mts of Canada (pronounced: "no tv/media/anything") last night, and the first mention of anything I heard was "I gotta get more guns SOON...."

My response was along the lines of, "Yeah, that's always a good idea, but why NOW??"

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    My friends hold on to your guns if he gets to appoint 2 Supreme Court Judges, at that point he'll have everything in place to make the changes he is after.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom