Obamacare update to my ins. policy: Premium more than doubled. Yours?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Side discussion:
    Gooooooooooodddddd luck getting that done in Monroe Co. It has been democratically controlled for a long time, and will continue to be so. My business is there and County governemnt has only been republican controlled once in the last 24 years that I can remember. The City never has been under republican control in that same time and never will. Monroe Co. will ALWAYS go democrat,...with a liberal leaning. You won't change the represntatives.

Dirty Steve

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Side discussion:
    Gooooooooooodddddd luck getting that done in Monroe Co. It has been democratically controlled for a long time, and will continue to be so. My business is there and County governemnt has only been republican controlled once in the last 24 years that I can remember. The City never has been under republican control in that same time and never will. Monroe Co. will ALWAYS go democrat,...with a liberal leaning. You won't change the represntatives.

Dirty Steve

Two words:
    Baron Hill

Lets make it four words:
    Peggy Welsh

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What do you know. Liberal Monroe County is seeing the effects of Obamacare too:

MCCSC limiting hours for substitute teachers
    (subscription only)

Beginning Monday, the Monroe County Community School Corp. will limit the hours and number of days substitute teachers can work each week because of concerns about the Affordable Care Act. Subs received notice from Assistant Superintendent Peggy Chambers this week that they’ll have set hours each day and will only be able to work four full days a week starting Feb. 3.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Mine double. Parents? More than doubled. Coverage went way down. Sister? Can't even get obamacare because she's offered it at work. Can't afford that so she's taking the fines

Nope, not true.
    Anyone can buy Obamacare, even if they are offered health care at work. She may not get a subsidy and it may cost 4 times what her employer offered care costs, but she is not prohibited from buying it.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I think I was paying around 600/mo two years ago. I'm at 1100/mo now. And that's for some pretty craptastic insurance. 250k lifetime maximum benefit, 5k/yr out of pocket, only 50% prescriptions...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Whats crazy is that there were many people predicting this right after it was passed, and those people were demonized and trashed. Now its happening. If the people of this country were informed and looked at other countries who did this, we would have seen it(not saying anyone on here is not informed, just saying the masses). I work in health care, i've talk with so many people everyday about this. It amazes me how many people in health care now hate obama and obamacare, and had no clue before it hit. One technologist i work with said "Thats one vote i really wish i had back." What amazes me is that as a health care worker, how in the world can you vote for obama? Obviously this guy had no clue, bought the b.s. and didnt look into it. now his eyes are opened and its too late. Sadly this is happening to many many more people, and again, its too late.

The Libs will not be educated on this.
    I live near some of the country's premier medical device manufactures, by and far the largest employers in the area. Our county voted for the Dems and our representative voted for Obamacare.
    They won't listen. All we can do is beat them, like we did in firing that silly dumbass who didn't vote the interests of his constituents.

Rest assured, If there is any reporting on any negatives about the ACA, they will be outnumbered 10 to 1 with glowing reports about how millions and millions have benefited by this law. I expect NBC to report 2 million lives saved in the first year alone.

The media lie constantly by what they report and what they don't report.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Nope, not true.
    Anyone can buy Obamacare, even if they are offered health care at work. She may not get a subsidy and it may cost 4 times what her employer offered care costs, but she is not prohibited from buying it.

A friend or ours had her daughter turned down for insurance. They told her she needed to apply for Medicaid. She does not want Medicaid. They refused to sell her a policy because they wanted her to sign up for the free program....

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    All I can say is I am happy I am covered by my VA. I paid for it in advance with my time in combat for my Country. The VA is not perfect coverage and I must wait months sometimes to see my Doctor or to get a procedure done, but I do get it and it is very high quality medical carwe. I get Indiana University Medical Professors and Interns to take care of me. That is World Class Care in my book.

Of course to get this treatment, I could have been killed paying for it. Hey, but after your dead you don't need it anyway so all is cool.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    do you really think it will get repealed? Do you really think that this govt program will end? come on, once its passed its done, its takes too much to get rid of it. we are screwed. what needs to happen is no one should sign up. which is kind of happening. The republicans will make sure it dont change, since they will be in charge of it soon. thats the real secret. we are so screwed.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Fortune 500 retail autoparts company...

Employee + Spouse Blue Cross plan (non-Anthem)... only small increase, similar to previous years, no change in coverages/deductibles.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    We keep calling it "Obamacare", but let's not forget, it was our Congress that made it the law of the land. Sure, Obama was the Pusher In Chief of the idea, but he couldn't implement it alone. I despise Barack Obama, but I'm more ticked at gentlemen & gentleladies of the Chambers.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    All I can say is I am happy I am covered by my VA. I paid for it in advance with my time in combat for my Country. The VA is not perfect coverage and I must wait months sometimes to see my Doctor or to get a procedure done, but I do get it and it is very high quality medical carwe. I get Indiana University Medical Professors and Interns to take care of me. That is World Class Care in my book.

Of course to get this treatment, I could have been killed paying for it. Hey, but after your dead you don't need it anyway so all is cool.

The VA is under funded, under staffed, and operates on a set of guide lines on how, what, and when you get treated, and it all starts with your primary at a CBOC. If you have a good primary Doc you can get treated, if you don't you're not. It's socialized medicine.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    We keep calling it "Obamacare", but let's not forget, it was our Congress that made it the law of the land. Sure, Obama was the Pusher In Chief of the idea, but he couldn't implement it alone. I despise Barack Obama, but I'm more ticked at gentlemen & gentleladies of the Chambers.

And let's be VERY clear... it was done with a Democrat majority in both houses, and in the White House. Bottom line - if you don't like Obamacare or Democrat care or whatever you want to call it - you can thank a Democrat by voting their sorry butts out of office.

There's a lot of other things that you can fairly hang on the R's in Congress. Obamacare isn't one of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

And let's be VERY clear... it was done with a Democrat majority in both houses, and in the White House. Bottom line - if you don't like Obamacare or Democrat care or whatever you want to call it - you can thank a Democrat by voting their sorry butts out of office.

There's a lot of other things that you can fairly hang on the R's in Congress. Obamacare isn't one of them.

Yes, lets not forget this was ALL democrats. Not a single R vote.
    You can attempt to water down the blame for this train wreck all you want, but the Dems did it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not a big fan of Republicans, but you can't blame them for Obamacare.

Our current Senator Donnelly, on the other hand, voted for it when he was in the House. We should fix that problem in four and a half years.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The Anthem plan for my daughter cost $177 with dental before ObamaCare. It had a 10K deductible with drug coverage and 3 covered visits a year. I signed her up for a plan with a $1260 deductible and better coverage for $198/mo. She's gets a subsidy.

RHINO. If you have an intact horn growing out of your forehead I will adopt you. I have a hacksaw....

Top Bottom