• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Flashpoint: Congress should act now to permanently repeal the medical device excise tax | Flashpoint | tribstar.com

By Eric J. Holcomb

Indiana Governor

There’s a cloud of uncertainty hanging over one of Indiana’s most important employment sectors — the medical device industry. A sales tax on medical devices that has been suspended since 2016 will resume in 2018 unless Congress takes action to repeal it by the end of this year.

At a time when technical advancement in the life sciences is at an all-time high, this medical device sales tax threatens to stifle medical advancements, stop new investment and prevent future job growth. Furthermore, the Obamacare system the tax was designed to support is crumbling under its own weight. For all those reasons, it’s time for Congress to permanently repeal the medical device tax...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The medical device tax is just another example of government using an industry to collect taxes, I would bet that every dime of that tax is passed on in the selling price of the devices themselves.

I wonder if this tax applies to imported devices.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well the fact that they stop reimbursements on CR x-rays at the end of the year, guarantee a lot of hospitals will be buying new digital equipment in order not to go bankrupt. Just think about that new tax money we generated with a pen.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The medical device tax is just another example of government using an industry to collect taxes, I would bet that every dime of that tax is passed on in the selling price of the devices themselves.

I wonder if this tax applies to imported devices.

They can't, it's a tax on revenue, not profit

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Democrats shoved this down our throats almost unilaterally, now they can taste what its like for Republicans to do the same to them.

This also reminds me; remember when the libs were calling Republicans the party of no? Shoe seems to be on the other foot now doesn't it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had a sufficient plan and ACA drove the prices up so high because of my health and age that I lost it and eventually my job. (long story)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    EagleCountryOnline.com Congressman Wants To Permanently Repeal Medical Device Tax - EagleCountryOnline.com

...Messer said Wednesday the tax harms Hoosiers medical equipment companies.

“Obamacare’s medical device tax is bad for Hoosiers and must be repealed,” Messer said. “This tax halts innovation, prevents expansion and freezes hiring in Warsaw, Bloomington, Mishawaka, Indianapolis and other Hoosier communities. It’s time we provide certainty in the marketplace, or risk having these jobs shipped overseas.”...

Top Bottom