• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The really sad part is that there are a huge number of people that just bought this hook, line, and sinker. Too bad none of them are potential hostage takers.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Worst. Foreign policy president. Ever.

Truly, Chamberlain-esque. And I'm not talking Wilt.

Actually, he makes Chamberlain look like Thatcher.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Worst. Foreign policy president. Ever.

Truly, Chamberlain-esque. And I'm not talking Wilt.

Actually, he makes Chamberlain look like Thatcher.

Chamberlain eventually realized the error of his naiveté, somehow I doubt this President ever will no matter how obvious or painful the lesson becomes. Oh, and Chamberlain by all appearances actually cared for his country and thought he was doing the right thing...... it'd be a big stretch to say the same for our president.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Chamberlain by all appearances actually cared for his country and thought he was doing the right thing...... it'd be a big stretch to say the same for our president.
    I only have a narrow disagreement on this.

I do think Obama believes he has done the right thing for the country, in any specific decision. But, it is like stumbling through a dimly-lit maze. You can see the exit sign off in the distance, and at each crossroads, you make the decision to turn in the direction you think will get you closer to the goal.

The problem is, there's no coherent strategy for the total of all the decisions. Each one is made without regard for any other decision.

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Talk about fuel for that fire!! Send them cash so they can fund more structural attacks on our homeland. You sir are FIRED!!! Trump might not be a perfect fit for president but at least he wouldn't give them cash for weapons.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Turns out, this might not actually be new news.

U.S. Payment of $1.7 Billion to Iran Raises Questions of Ransom - WSJ

U.S. officials said the $1.7 billion came from a permanent Treasury Department fund established to cover court judgments and settlements.

That whole article reminds me that we probably didn't have to settle, we probably didn't have to settle for that amount, and we probably didn't have to settle at that time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can buy the "its not ransom". However it *IS* quid pro quo. "Hey, turn our boys loose and we'll fast track that other deal and get you your money."

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The best part I heard on the radio. It is illegal to give Iran US dollars, so our government exchanged it to foreign currency, then paid it. Our government has lost it's damn mind!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wondered why it was in foreign currency

1) Because the UN doesn't have a common currency. Yet.
    2) Because a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to.
    3) Because the dollar-printing presses are already working 3 shifts and couldn't output any more than they already are.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    That whole article reminds me that we probably didn't have to settle, we probably didn't have to settle for that amount, and we probably didn't have to settle at that time.

If the USA expects other countries to abide by the decisions of the International Court at The Hague, shouldn't the USA also abide by those decisions, even with they go against us? Can't have it both ways...

Top Bottom