• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It's stories like this that just make me shake my head in disbelief. For our politics, our rights, and our idiotic population.

I think of all the times I hear the following said in the media every single week:

Do they think Americans are stupid?

I can't help but think that maybe we are. Seriously, this guy was voted in rather mightily, by a pretty embarrassing margin.

So many red states turned blue, and there is very little for the blue's to cheer for from this administration thus far.

Then I can't help but think that we elect these people to act and talk on our behalf, yet, we don't know what we want, only what we DON'T want once the issue comes up in the press. So many don't pay attention to the issues, do any research, etc. They just want change, though no one knew what that meant. Imagine how the election would have turned out without the "kid" vote. How can the youth of America want change? They don't even KNOW the real world yet - how can they vote for change?

I love my country, but I truly think we're in the fastlane to the toilet. And ultimately, it's us Americans in the driver's seat; not the few hundred people we elect.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    [FONT=&quot]``War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. ''[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

John Stuart Mill [/FONT]

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Imagine how the election would have turned out without the "kid" vote. How can the youth of America want change? They don't even KNOW the real world yet - how can they vote for change?

It isn't just the "kid" vote that put him there. I worked with a guy who was a contractor at my job. He's in his 60's and makes Obama look like a right wing extremist. The guy never left the 1960's. Look at the AARP crowd that turned out in droves for him. Those are the type that I detest the most. They were more than willing to saddle their children and grandchildren with tyranny to get another $1 on their social security checks. My father would have lived in a cardboard box before ever taking a dime from his children. I will do the same for mine. Then you have those who have children to serve them.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The exchanges last weekend about the "town hall meeting" with the pre-screened questions makes things very clear. Obama and his staff are of the opinion that since he won the election NO ONE is allowed to criticize him, EVER! End of story.

Doug

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The exchanges last weekend about the "town hall meeting" with the pre-screened questions makes things very clear. Obama and his staff are of the opinion that since he won the election NO ONE is allowed to criticize him, EVER! End of story.

Doug

Even the old wretch Helen Thomas is getting sick of it.

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    So it was OK for Obama and his lap-dogs to criticize the Bush Administration, but it's not OK for organized, compliant and peaceful Americans to protest his agenda?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So it was OK for Obama and his lap-dogs to criticize the Bush Administration, but it's not OK for organized, compliant and peaceful Americans to protest his agenda?

Yes sir, you nailed it correctly on both counts.

Understand first that Obama and his administration are elitists and they feel they are above us and our superiors. Therefore they give themselves permission to criticize but they do so to instruct us in what was wrong before they arrived.

Now if we are to criticize them, well sir, that clearly means we are in need of some edumacation because we are to ignorant to understand that they are helping us. So they belittle our efforts. Eventually they figure they will help us so much that we will see the light and go along. So when you see a Tea Party, just mindlessly shuffle on by and don't join in, those people will be heading for the train cars soon enough.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    No wonder Obama is standing with Chavez and the Castro brothers regarding the Honduras situation. Zelaya wanted to be president for life; Obama too wants that. And if we give him a second term, I am concerned he will.

All those that criticize The One and his agenda are idiots.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone stopped to think that maybe the Tea Party movement actually scares obamatard? Maybe that's why this letter was written and leaked? Something like this they would have taken care to not let it leak, but it did, and that's saying something. He has to see us as a threat or he wouldn't be trying so hard to dismiss us. You mark my words, the Tea Party Movement will be his downfall. No one else seems to have to balls to stand up to him and his Congress publiclly.

(The internet doesn't count.)

Oh my God. Get this on Free Republic right away.

I'm so angry. My Lord, when I go to my next Tea Party, I'll be prouder than ever!

THank you for going to one this time!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hey guys, just throwing this out there...but, it seems this is largely false information at the moment. While I have no doubt that Obama feels this way about the Tea Parties, we must be careful about the information we decide to base opinions on. As of now, the only site reporting the "memo" is a guy on a blog that anyone can register for free of charge. Googling the reporters name, as well of that of the New York Examiner (not an actual newspaper) doesn't return a more credeible source. As a matter fact, INGO is the second hit after the original blog. It just seems that if Mr. Rivera is privy to such well controled documents like a W.H. Press memo, his name may have popped up elswhere in the past.

During the Bush years, a popular quote that originated on liberal blogs was the "just a piece of paper" passage. It spread though the blogs so quickly that many people to this day believe it to be true. However, no credible source was identified as the quotes origins. I think its important to verify these wild claims because its very easy for a blogger to throw something on the web to do nothing more than increase page views and rile up his/her base.

When battling the left it is important to stick to facts, they speak for themselves. Be wary of free blogs, and verify information on them before we loose our cool and look silly when they are found to be untrue.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Look at the AARP crowd that turned out in droves for him.

My In-laws voted for him. Created a BIG riff between my wife and her mother, that was right up until Obama started touting his 757 Billion dollar package, then both woke up from the Kool-Aid and have regretted putting him in office.

The bad part is that they never voted Demo until this past election.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Hey guys, just throwing this out there...but, it seems this is largely false information at the moment. While I have no doubt that Obama feels this way about the Tea Parties, we must be careful about the information we decide to base opinions on. As of now, the only site reporting the "memo" is a guy on a blog that anyone can register for free of charge. Googling the reporters name, as well of that of the New York Examiner (not an actual newspaper) doesn't return a more credible source. As a matter fact, INGO is the second hit after the original blog. It just seems that if Mr. Rivera is privy to such well controlled documents like a W.H. Press memo, his name may have popped up elsewhere in the past.

During the Bush years, a popular quote that originated on liberal blogs was the "just a piece of paper" passage. It spread though the blogs so quickly that many people to this day believe it to be true. However, no credible source was identified as the quotes origins. I think its important to verify these wild claims because its very easy for a blogger to throw something on the web to do nothing more than increase page views and rile up his/her base.

When battling the left it is important to stick to facts, they speak for themselves. Be wary of free blogs, and verify information on them before we loose our cool and look silly when they are found to be untrue.

This is true. Always verify information :)

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Obama Calls Tea Parties 'Idiotic'

James Rivera
    New York Examiner
    July 5, 2009
    Jumping in Pools: Obama Calls Tea Parties 'Idiotic'

WASHINGTON- A classified memo written by the President, in which he instructs Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on how to address questions concerning so called Tea Parties, has been leaked to the public.

The document, dated April 13, details President Obama's instructions on how Gibbs should respond to questions asked by reporters. In it, the President tells Gibbs to downplay the importance of "social events that are aimed at undermining [the President's] plan to fix the economy."

President Obama also instructs Gibbs to "not answer any questions regarding these gatherings directly," writing that they are "idiotic" in their aims to curb government spending.

This leak comes at a time when the President has been criticized by Republicans for being too wasteful in his spending and agenda.

"Once again, the President has shown that he is utterly out of touch with the American public," said Joseph Barton, a representative of Texas's 6th Congressional District. "Doesn't he understand that people are sick and tired of unending taxes? Apparently not."

The Administration defended the memo, stating that its release was "unintentional," but that it is how the President characterizes "unnecessary criticism." Robert Gibbs also released a statement, writing that he does "not understand the uproar about something that the majority of Americans agree with anyway."
    Didn't George III send a similar memo to his press secretary about the ORIGINAL tea Party?

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Hey guys, just throwing this out there...but, it seems this is largely false information at the moment. While I have no doubt that Obama feels this way about the Tea Parties, we must be careful about the information we decide to base opinions on. As of now, the only site reporting the "memo" is a guy on a blog that anyone can register for free of charge. Googling the reporters name, as well of that of the New York Examiner (not an actual newspaper) doesn't return a more credeible source. As a matter fact, INGO is the second hit after the original blog. It just seems that if Mr. Rivera is privy to such well controled documents like a W.H. Press memo, his name may have popped up elswhere in the past.

You bring up a good point. I've been trying to find something as well, can't seem to find anything except this guy's article.

chasekerion4 said:
    Imagine how the election would have turned out without the "kid" vote. How can the youth of America want change? They don't even KNOW the real world yet - how can they vote for change?

I find that to be a slightly unfair statement. I won't argue that the majority of my age range did not vote Blue but the fact of the matter is that they almost always vote that way. A lot of us did vote Red. I don't think the answer is to blame the young folks for voting Liberal, they always do. I think the answer is to look at people who have just decided to vote based on the popular choice. So many people only pick something because they are sheeple, and they want to converse about the 'cool' thing, Obama.

That's just how I feel.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey guys, just throwing this out there...but, it seems this is largely false information at the moment. . .

No sir. Not false. Simply not corroborated (yet).

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between something that is under-reported and something that is not true.

You are suggesting, by using the term "false information" that this is a lie. You have provided no evidence to suggest that it is inaccurate. You have provided no evidence at all. You simply point out that you cannot prove it. Nor can you disprove it. There are many stories that break on the blogs (The Drudge Report) days, even weeks before the media picks them up. Now I cannot prove this is true but I did provide the link. That is the best we can do here. You, however, cannot prove it is untrue. In fact you can't find anything about it being untrue. Please do not state it is 'false information' until you have any evidence to disprove it.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You bring up a good point. I've been trying to find something as well, can't seem to find anything except this guy's article.

I find that to be a slightly unfair statement. I won't argue that the majority of my age range did not vote Blue but the fact of the matter is that they almost always vote that way. A lot of us did vote Red. I don't think the answer is to blame the young folks for voting Liberal, they always do. I think the answer is to look at people who have just decided to vote based on the popular choice. So many people only pick something because they are sheeple, and they want to converse about the 'cool' thing, Obama.

That's just how I feel.

I'm not sure I'd consider it "unfair" but if so, then might as well get used to it! Life will be unfair for your age group (assuming you're a teen/20-something) for years to come, because change is a comin'. And you'll be paying my/our debts 50 years after my death, and I'm only 31.

Obama appealed to the young crowd like no other candidate ever has before, and I don't believe for a second that the older generation (seniors) helpes him in the least. Everything I saw around election time was the younger crowd. I didn't see interviews all over the news with grandmothers. I saw 18-25 year olds plastered all over my TV. Go check out the age groups that had new voter registration. The African American and young populus flat out blew the rest of us away.

Maybe the larger concern is that the young crowd DOES, in fact, always vote liberal.

I'm not sure what changed in the US, but for me (and this is definitely off topic, but nevertheless) one of the most fundamental differences between elephants and donkeys is that one thinks everyone is entitled to everything and the rest of us think you're only entitled to what you EARN and produce for yourself.

I owe no one anything. I pay $750 a month for insurance on myself and my wife. It sucks ass but I do it. Because it's for ME and MY WIFE and it's a necessarily bill that must be paid to protect our health. I don't want national healthcare. I want to do my own damn thing and pay my own damn bills - not yours. I don't owe anyone ****. And neither do you. You don't owe me a dime, either, but by god, if this crap passes, my healthcare will be cheaper and you'll be paying for it.

And for any Dem to say it's my "patriotic duty" to pay more taxes so the have nots (or lazy ass SOB's) can have cheap healthcare pisses me off to no end.

Top Bottom