• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So you think he doesn't have contempt for the average American?

Obama Calls Tea Parties 'Idiotic'

James Rivera
    New York Examiner
    July 5, 2009
    Jumping in Pools: Obama Calls Tea Parties 'Idiotic'

WASHINGTON- A classified memo written by the President, in which he instructs Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on how to address questions concerning so called Tea Parties, has been leaked to the public.

The document, dated April 13, details President Obama's instructions on how Gibbs should respond to questions asked by reporters. In it, the President tells Gibbs to downplay the importance of "social events that are aimed at undermining [the President's] plan to fix the economy."

President Obama also instructs Gibbs to "not answer any questions regarding these gatherings directly," writing that they are "idiotic" in their aims to curb government spending.

This leak comes at a time when the President has been criticized by Republicans for being too wasteful in his spending and agenda.

"Once again, the President has shown that he is utterly out of touch with the American public," said Joseph Barton, a representative of Texas's 6th Congressional District. "Doesn't he understand that people are sick and tired of unending taxes? Apparently not."

The Administration defended the memo, stating that its release was "unintentional," but that it is how the President characterizes "unnecessary criticism." Robert Gibbs also released a statement, writing that he does "not understand the uproar about something that the majority of Americans agree with anyway."

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    "The Administration defended the memo, stating that its release was "unintentional," but that it is how the President characterizes "unnecessary criticism." Robert Gibbs also released a statement, writing that he does "not understand the uproar about something that the majority of Americans agree with anyway."

Which majority would that be?

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    "The Administration defended the memo, stating that its release was "unintentional," but that it is how the President characterizes "unnecessary criticism." Robert Gibbs also released a statement, writing that he does "not understand the uproar about something that the majority of Americans agree with anyway."

Which majority would that be?

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

i don't know what's worse...the administration response or the many un-informed Americans that would lead them to believe this.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

They defend the memo by saying that its release was unintentional? How is this a defense? That's essentially saying, "I think you're all idiots, but I don't intend to tell you that."

I read many years ago and have since quoted many times that I respect far more the man who tells me to my face that he hates and intends to kill me than I do the person who would badmouth me behind my back. The one intends far more damage, but has the cojones to come directly to me to say so. The other sneaks around and may even be friendly and civil to my face but is afraid to tell me what he thinks.

I have no reservation in telling Obama that I consider him a pretender, liar, thief, and traitor and post it publicly. I would not p-- *ahem* urinate on him if he was on fire, and if he was drowning, I'd throw him both ends of the rope. Some would call this a waste, but I figure I can replace the rope for less than 30 bucks. I would not wish evil upon him, nor do I advocate violence against him, for that is actionable. I am not aware of any law mandating my preventing accidental harm from befalling him, however, nor expressing my opinions against his actions and his eligibility to the office he currently occupies.

We can only hope to gain a majority in the Congress (at least the House!) in 2010, so that perhaps he may be impeached and held accountable for his actions. I think we could start with "perjury", the evidence of which we saw on 20 January 2009, repeated less than a week later, both cases occurring in front of Chief Justice John Roberts.

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    They defend the memo by saying that its release was unintentional? How is this a defense? That's essentially saying, "I think you're all idiots, but I don't intend to tell you that."

My thoughts exactly :cheers: I was hoping that someone would post it and you did so with great clarity.

Still, I have to wonder how many people will see through this defense?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My thoughts exactly :cheers: I was hoping that someone would post it and you did so with great clarity.

Still, I have to wonder how many people will see through this defense?

Thanks for posting the article, sir.

As for how many will see through the defense, that all depends: How many do you think you and I can talk to? :bat:

Anyone else in?

Blessings,
    Bill

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That the majority agree with anyway. Hell the majority have no clue what is going on. Unless they are told by the Liberal media they are absolutely clueless.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am unfortunately in a position where I am not allowed to slander the current Administration...

In regard to slander charges, I do believe that truth is a defense. That is, if you speak the truth, it is not slander.

Also, IIRC, you are also in a position to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I think our current officeholder on Pennsylvania Ave. would qualify as either and both.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I am not suprised at all......What did you expect from Obama?

well let see. a groovy disco ball when you walk in the front doors of the white house, a night club in the oval office and seeing the presidential limo rollin on Asanti’s diamond encrusted 22 inch Jewel Wheels which are worth $1million for a set courtesy of the tax payers.

asanti-rims.gif

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    In regard to slander charges, I do believe that truth is a defense. That is, if you speak the truth, it is not slander.

Also, IIRC, you are also in a position to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I think our current officeholder on Pennsylvania Ave. would qualify as either and both.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

On the first the truth might set you free, but it will not keep you away from UCMJ proceedings... I do remember quite vividly what happened to some during the Clinton Administration.

On the Second, I know my oath along with a Godly number of my Brothers and Sisters in Arms. It takes a lot of overwhelming doubt to go down that road... I have been in countries that have decided on that course of action some are still messed up decades later.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    thank God for the Tea Party folks. They are drawing out the evil for all to see.

Obama hates America. The sooner the majority of Americans wake up to that fact the better.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    On the first the truth might set you free, but it will not keep you away from UCMJ proceedings... I do remember quite vividly what happened to some during the Clinton Administration.

On the Second, I know my oath along with a Godly number of my Brothers and Sisters in Arms. It takes a lot of overwhelming doubt to go down that road... I have been in countries that have decided on that course of action some are still messed up decades later.

Good points on both. My point with the first was that if you were charged with either libel or slander, the fact that you had spoken or written something truthful would prevent what you'd said or written from being used as evidence against you (because those crimes are, IIRC, defined as the conveyance of untruthful information about a person.)

As to the other... I do not question that you know your oath, nor do I question your patriotism. The defense of Constitution and country of which I speak is not necessarily accomplished with your rifle at your shoulder.

Thank you for your service. All of it. :patriot:

Blessings,
    Bill

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy, say only what you're comfortable with. We're just glad you're here. :patriot:

LOL! :D

Saying what I am comfortable with will get the Ban Hammer dropped on my head! I am not worried about the consequences of bad mouthing the current administration. Not only that but I have little to add that you guys have not managed to bring up...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    Our Country with Obama

I dont think anything will change in this country untill people stand up for what the want. In other country not to say its good but when the goverment does something they dont like. The people gether together millions strong and protest and cause billions of dollars worth of damage, since this is the case the goverment is scared of the masses of people where in our country the people are afraid of the goverment. The goverment our employees of the people if we were to ban together and tell them to stop messing us over we could take out country back and pull it out of the crapper

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Bill I am not arguing with you on my knowledge of the Oath.
    Nor did I assume you were questioning my Patriotism.

I just meant to point out I have, as well as a few others here I would suspect, have seen the road that leads down that path. I am very aware that the pen is truly mightier than the sword. At least in a long term view.

Changing the direction of a country is something that is best left to Statesmen, and not Generals or Soldiers... The only thing that saddens me is when was the last time we truly had a Statesman...

Top Bottom