• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    here President Obama is giving a speech to 6th graders in their classroom!!!! see anything wrong with this picture???
    //http://news.spreadit.org/obama-teleprompter-6th-grade/

obama-teleprompter-6th-grade.jpg
    I thought those were shields to block the spit wads the kids were shooting at him:D.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oooh nice on hornadylnl. I guess in your world, a person has to be 100% for Obama or 100% against. If only it were that easy.

Just pointing out a fact. I would have done the same for Bush.

Um, why is Bamo raising his jacket to expose his crotch to the kids?:n00b:

Designer, your here defending your hero?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    :dunno:What's the deal with all the teleprompter talk. They are nothing new. Working in corporate production, 95% of the shows I've done involve some variation of a telepromter. What's the big deal if the guy wants to read off a plasma instead of the parchment?..... Besides, we're all on the internet.....the world's largest network of telepromters;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :dunno:What's the deal with all the teleprompter talk. They are nothing new. Working in corporate production, 95% of the shows I've done involve some variation of a telepromter. What's the big deal if the guy wants to read off a plasma instead of the parchment?..... Besides, we're all on the internet.....the world's largest network of telepromters;)

He can't function without one. :twocents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc

Man..... that was painful to watch............ wowser

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's funny, where is the teleprompter for the sixth graders? I see one he used for the press conference but that's with old people!
    I thank you for pointing that out, for anyone who missed that, what i am saying is it appears fromthe picture and past experiences he lacks the intelligence to answer the question
    of a sixth grader. Clearly he has teleprompters in the other room talking to the sixth graders during the "press confrence"...that's what the thread is about....

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I thank you for pointing that out, for anyone who missed that, what i am saying is it appears fromthe picture and past experiences he lacks the intelligence to answer the question
    of a sixth grader. Clearly he has teleprompters in the other room talking to the sixth graders during the "press confrence"...that's what the thread is about....

You do know what a PRESS conference is right? I doubt an elementary school has its own school newspaper. Why do I even bother sometimes.....

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There are no kids in the press conference room. Watch the video, you'll see photographers are down front. So clearly, he met with kids in one room, and did a press conference speech for the cameras in another room.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    That's funny, because the only clip I remember of Bush in a classroom is the one where he gets told the country is under attack and then continues to get read to by children for several minutes.
    I love it when people bring up this point... Because it shows how blindingly ignorant they are about how a nation is defended.

What did you expect? A scene from a Harrison Ford action movie? -- :popcorn:Statesmanly Harrison Ford reads to the class. Suddenly... The doors of the classroom burst open and a dozen Secret Service agents (all wearing dark suits, sunglasses, and brandishing Uzis) pour into the room! Children are thrown aside, or flee screaming in horror as the the president is jerked from his chair by his protection detail and whisked from the room! Harrison is tossed into the back of a waiting SUV (black, tinted windows, lots of flashing lights -- you get the idea)! The SUV takes off in a cloud of burning rubber and other nondescript black vehicles follow in serpentine fashion! The SUV and its convoy weave through the streets, leaving a wake of wrecked civilian vehicles! As the SS vehicles bust through barricades, locked gates, and a sidewalk fruit stand (no chase scene is complete without that), President Harrison Ford barks orders into a red phone. Air Force fighter jets are scrambled, Navy task forces turn hard towards America's shores at flank speed, and Cub Scouts are dispatched to help little old ladies across the street! A major calamity is narrowly averted.

Whew!

Apparently that's what John Kerry would have done.:rolleyes:

Unless the use of nuclear (or do you say, "nukelar"?) weapons is involved, there is nothing the president has to do to defend the country from attack. The US military has standing orders and protocols it follows when our nation comes under fire. The Secret Service had the president in a secure location. As they made arrangements to clear the route and get him back to AF1 for an early departure, the last thing he needed to do was start a panic in a Florida schoolroom filled with children.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You do know what a PRESS conference is right? I doubt an elementary school has its own school newspaper. Why do I even bother sometimes.....
    "Obama and his staff brought along two teleprompters into the classroom along with the podium with the Presidential seal to chat with 30 sixth graders"-new.spreadit.org
    i didnt write it, i just posted it

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    That's funny, because the only clip I remember of Bush in a classroom is the one where he gets told the country is under attack and then continues to get read to by children for several minutes. Also he didn't do any reading to kids. I guess the only thing I can agree on is the fact that there was no teleprompter.

INB4 He was deep in thought about what to do.

My bad he was getting ready to read a book. They must not of set up the prompter yet.

I know prompters are used but its the fact that the man can't function with out one. That why you'll never see the man on any program that ask thought questions that he has to put thought into and if you do see him on them programs he gets flustered and uses ummmm, errrr, let me make this clear alot. However this is just my opinion of the man not facts about him.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    The video of the press conference is kind of funny to watch. He bounces between the prompters so much he looks like a dog at a tennis match. In fact, I think it would be pretty funny if someone with the know how to do it took that video and dubbed in the sound of a tennis match so that his head would turn every time you heard the sound of a racket hitting a ball. I bet it would be a hit on youtube.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    The video of the press conference is kind of funny to watch. He bounces between the prompters so much he looks like a dog at a tennis match. In fact, I think it would be pretty funny if someone with the know how to do it took that video and dubbed in the sound of a tennis match so that his head would turn every time you heard the sound of a racket hitting a ball. I bet it would be a hit on youtube.

Would you prefer him to just look in one direction? When I have to speak in public I occasionally turn my head in other directions to make sure I look at more members of the audience.

"Obama and his staff brought along two teleprompters into the classroom along with the podium with the Presidential seal to chat with 30 sixth graders"-new.spreadit.org
    i didnt write it, i just posted it

Link doesn't work. Let's see some sources for this.

Finally, I see no problem with a man being unable to memorize hours of speeches every week. The man is arguably the most powerful man in the world and I have no problem with him using a teleprompter if it means he can focus his attention elsewhere. Some might not agree with this since they think he is the spawn of hell and would rather have him distracted with frivolous matters like reciting speeches from memory. Also, I doubt rote learning is a true test of intellect and talent, but perhaps you can prove me wrong with some evidence to the contrary?

The guy can't or doesn't want to memorize pages upon pages of speech so that he can impress a small amount of people with the fact that he can recite some stuff from memory. I think it is funny how this is being continually brought up though.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Would you prefer him to just look in one direction? When I have to speak in public I occasionally turn my head in other directions to make sure I look at more members of the audience.

Finally, I see no problem with a man being unable to memorize hours of speeches every week. The man is arguably the most powerful man in the world and I have no problem with him using a teleprompter if it means he can focus his attention elsewhere. Some might not agree with this since they think he is the spawn of hell and would rather have him distracted with frivolous matters like reciting speeches from memory. Also, I doubt rote learning is a true test of intellect and talent, but perhaps you can prove me wrong with some evidence to the contrary?

The guy can't or doesn't want to memorize pages upon pages of speech so that he can impress a small amount of people with the fact that he can recite some stuff from memory. I think it is funny how this is being continually brought up though.

ron, I think it is because the few times we have seen him without them, he has shown his level of knowledge and intellect.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    bam-bam couldn't puke without having someone to poke their finger down his throat.

The man is a simple waste of chemicals....... just my opinion, of course...

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

TTT ^ or Obama Teleprompter 6th Grade

there's your source...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom