• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Except that they're the ones who have made the destruction of Israel their goal and voted for exactly that when they elected Hamas, and simply refuse to live in peace.
    No, the Palestinians have not. Hamas has. Fatah has sat down and negotiated with the Israeli government in good faith for years. The Israeli government has done everything in its power to not have a peaceful solution. You line up the dead and injured on both sides and it's not even close to even. The Israeli government has killed far more Palestinians than Hamas has. Any lives lost are to be mourned, but they are far from equal.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Israels acquisitions occured when they have been invaded.
    After a while, they gave the land back.

So it would be as if you kept trying home invasions, ....

Nevermind, if you havent seen the previous explanations, you won't see this.

They don't want to see it. They support the Palestinians, whose stated goal is the destruction of Israel.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No, the Palestinians have not. Hamas has. Fatah has sat down and negotiated with the Israeli government in good faith for years. The Israeli government has done everything in its power to not have a peaceful solution. You line up the dead and injured on both sides and it's not even close to even. The Israeli government has killed far more Palestinians than Hamas has. Any lives lost are to be mourned, but they are far from equal.

And yet they overwhelmingly voted for Hamas and not Fatah. Hmmmmm...

People blame "Americans" when our government, that I didn't vote for, does something, why do they not blame "Palestinians" when THEIR government causes problems? Yes, I'm pointing my finger at some INGOers who are quick to say we brought it on ourselves, when something happens to us, while giving PALESTINIANS a pass.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What would you do if your neighbors kept moving their fence a few yards closer to your house?
    ^^ This, exactly. The Israeli's have been stealing land for decades and it's not going to stop under Netanyahu. This, they conquered it crap is nonsense on the best day. No-one in the West Bank, (where the Palestinians are being robbed) is lobbing missiles at them. They've been trying to co-exist for years. The Israeli government doesn't want that. I can see that no-one read the two articles that were actually written by Israeli's. That would be too much. Can't have something that contradicts the Fox News viewpoint.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And yet they overwhelmingly voted for Hamas and not Fatah. Hmmmmm...
    In Gaza. Not in the West Bank. When you've had everything taken from you and been shoved into a ghetto, maybe you're ready for someone to take the fight to the enemy. Sort of like the Jews of Warsaw, when they were shoved into a ghetto and occupied.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In Gaza. Not in the West Bank. When you've had everything taken from you and been shoved into a ghetto, maybe you're ready for someone to take the fight to the enemy. Sort of like the Jews of Warsaw, when they were shoved into a ghetto and occupied.

Except that's not really how it happened. The Jews didnt start out attacking Germany.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Except that's not really how it happened. The Jews didnt start out attacking Germany.
    Neither did the Palestinians. They were just living their lives when they were driven from their homes, (in many cases) and the rest fled in the face of a war. You're only satisfied with seeing one little sliver. Gaza. It's a bigger issue than that. Even the Israeli's in the articles don't agree with you, except where they agree with everyone that lobbing missiles is not a good response.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Either you support Isrsel's right to exist, or the Palestinians' goal of destroying Israel in its entirety. In the end that's what it comes down to.

Which is it?

It truly isn't more complicated than that.

As far as articles go I can find articles that will say anything I want them to say. I can find Catholics that hate Rome, I can find Americans that blame everything on America.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Either you support Isrsel's right to exist, or the Palestinians' goal of destroying Israel in its entirety. In the end that's what it comes down to.

Which is it?

It truly isn't more complicated than that.

As far as articles go I can find articles that will say anything I want them to say. I can find Catholics that hate Rome, I can find Americans that blame everything on America.

That's not what it boils down to. If it does then you need to be quiet from here on, as Fatah has recognised Israel's right to exist. There is no more argument. Hamas doesn't, but they're only in control of Gaza, a walled in ghetto. As for your not readin the articles, that just figures. WOuldn't want the words of Israeli's to stand even a smidgen of a chance of changing your mind with facts. Unlike you, they have skin in the game and have been involved int he process. You? Well, you've got Fox news.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's not what it boils down to. If it does then you need to be quiet from here on, as Fatah has recognised Israel's right to exist. There is no more argument. Hamas doesn't, but they're only in control of Gaza, a walled in ghetto. As for your not readin the articles, that just figures. WOuldn't want the words of Israeli's to stand even a smidgen of a chance of changing your mind with facts. Unlike you, they have skin in the game and have been involved int he process. You? Well, you've got Fox news.

I didn't vote for Bush. I didn't vote for Obama. But whenever our government does something and we get attacked, I get "America brought it on herself." Stop giving the Palestinians a pass when you don't give US a pass.

And your "facts" aren't. I don't need articles, I have friends in Israel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't vote for Bush. I didn't vote for Obama. But whenever our government does something and we get attacked, I get "America brought it on herself." Stop giving the Palestinians a pass when you don't give US a pass.

Especially when those "facts" come from articles clearly marked as "Opinion"--from a clearly ideologically based rag that is no more honest than Fox News.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

So what? I have friends in Israel, too. On both sides of the issue. Doesn't mean much in the long run. Willful ignorance on your part where the issue is concerned does mean something, though.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Doesn't mean much in the long run. Willful ignorance on your part where the issue is concerned does mean something, though.

Well there's the pot calling the kettle black.

Why isn't Hamas reacting against Egypt?
    Egypt has walled them in and blockaded Gaza as well.
    Hamas respects Egypt's sovereignty and right to exist

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    ^^ This, exactly. The Israeli's have been stealing land for decades and it's not going to stop under Netanyahu. This, they conquered it crap is nonsense on the best day. No-one in the West Bank, (where the Palestinians are being robbed) is lobbing missiles at them. They've been trying to co-exist for years. The Israeli government doesn't want that. I can see that no-one read the two articles that were actually written by Israeli's. That would be too much. Can't have something that contradicts the Fox News viewpoint.

By stealing of land, are you referring to Israel's return of the oil-rich Sinai Peninsula to Egypt in 1982? Doesn't sound like the actions of a thief, especially considering Israel is only about the size of New Jersey. Or would you be referring to the the Camp David Summit in 2000 in which Israel offered 95 to 100% of Gaza (depending which side's border claims you go by) and most (75%) of the west bank to to the Palestinians? The Israeli offer was turned down by the Palestinians because they demanded complete sovereignty over East Jerusalem and its holy sites, in particular, the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, which are located on the Temple Mount (Haram al-Sharif), a site holy in both Islam and Judaism, and the dismantling of all Israeli neighborhoods built over the Green Line. Israel has always been wiling to stop the fighting, has always been willing to give land in return for peace, but the other side simply will not recognize Israel's right to exist. And that does not leave Israel much of a choice, extinction, or fight. What would you do in that position?

Last edited:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Fatah has recognised Israel's right to exist. Hamas doesn't, but they're only in control of Gaza.

What about Hezbollah and Iran? Think they're just going to go away and live in peace? Stop dreaming. Israel is surrounded by enemies who want it wiped from the face of this planet. I'm sick and tired of hearing this nonsense that if Israel did this or that, it would all stop. It will never stop until Muslims destroy Israel and kill every Jew. That is their goal....When they're not too busy killing each other. The words "peace" and "Middle East" have zero business colliding in the same sentence.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    What about Hezbollah and Iran? Think they're just going to go away and live in peace? Stop dreaming. Israel is surrounded by enemies who want it wiped from the face of this planet. I'm sick and tired of hearing this nonsense that if Israel did this or that, it would all stop. It will never stop until Muslims destroy Israel and kill every Jew. That is their goal....When they're not too busy killing each other. The words "peace" and "Middle East" have zero business colliding in the same sentence.

THIS is the mid-east conflict in a nutshell. Exactly.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    High-larious! An undersecretary tweets a hashtag, and Obama suddenly becomes a terrorist supporter!

For a lawyer, you surely must be aware that you'll be laughed at and kicked out of court if you came in with that...

If any single republican at any level in the entire country would have tweeted that and Bush was President, you can be darn sure they would have fried him for having a terrorist in his gov't. They would tie it to bush and rake him over the coals. This is ASTOUNDING that someone in our gov't is tweeting this, then taking it down say it was a mistake? This is what they believe in, they are on the side of terrorists, are you really serious?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What about them? Neither of them are in Israel or are being mistreated by the Israelis and having their lands stolen for "settlers". If the Israeli government would, for once, negotiate in good faith and actually come to an agreement with the Palestinians, most of their problems would go away. Their treatment of the Palestinians is what their other enemies cite as the reasons for their animosity. Remove that and they've got nothing.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......... I can see that no-one read the two articles that were actually written by Israeli's. That would be too much. Can't have something that contradicts the Fox News viewpoint.

Especially when those "facts" come from articles clearly marked as "Opinion"--from a clearly ideologically based rag that is no more honest than Fox News.

I won't believe it until I get it from a reliable source....... like al jazerra.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom