• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe this is news to you guys, but it isn't news to me. Government can, in times of emergency, places certain restriction on the populace if it its deemed appropriate to prevent harm to the general public. The Governor of VA declared a state of emergency, and has indicated that there is intel that indicates that violence may occur on the planned date. YA'LL might not like it, you might not even believe it, but he has that right.

He has no rights other than those you and I enjoy.

He may have some authority, however he is not using it properly.

I would like to hear from BBI, VDPU, Denny ans Frank on this.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    It will not pass any year soon, but that is the direction we are heading.

For CP.

[video=youtube;DQQN_79QrDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQQN_79QrDY[/video]

I get your argument. I counter with we have to stop it's advance, then, hopefully we can reverse the damage.

For it to stop, gun owners need to show up.... Lets see how many show up for this event?.... Lets see what the state does with the habeas corpus suspended for a long weekend. Lets think about this, the governor suspended habeas corpus......

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    An executive order cancelling the Constitution because of a dubious "emergency?"

C'mon Kut. I know you know better.

Ya, makes complete sense. If any tyrannical politician wants to disarm citizens and repeal the 2A and citizens say they’ll fight back, just declare a state of emergency, then suddenly disarming them is a-ok.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Basic understanding of law. It matters not whether I agree of disagree with something. Look at the action, look at history, and see it's legally applied. The governor of VA might be making the whole thing up about the emergency, and simply doesn't want pro-2A people on his lawn. The problem? We don't have anything to back that belief up. In our nation's history civil liberties, have been repeatedly curtailed if there was a determination that there was a risk to the public.

The girl sleeping in my bed has a Jurus Doctorate, so she has a pretty good understanding of the law. She is aghast that the Governor of Va suspended habeas corpus with this. The country should be enraged with the Governor....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe this is news to you guys, but it isn't news to me. Government can, in times of emergency, places certain restriction on the populace if it its deemed appropriate to prevent harm to the general public. The Governor of VA declared a state of emergency, and has indicated that there is intel that indicates that violence may occur on the planned date. YA'LL might not like it, you might not even believe it, but he has that right.

He has that power, yes, not right. Yes, gov't can place restrictions. However.... if those restrictions or a declared "state of emergency" can legitimately "supersede your oath", what is the point of taking the oath in the first place? Doesn't that, in effect, make the oath into, "I swear to defend the Constitution unless it becomes inconvenient"?

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He has that power, yes, not right. Yes, gov't can place restrictions. However.... if those restrictions or a declared "state of emergency" can legitimately "supersede your oath", what is the point of taking the oath in the first place? Doesn't that, in effect, make the oath into, "I swear to defend the Constitution unless it becomes inconvenient"?

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm didn't make a declaration as to the right or wrong of it. Only that the governor most likely has the power he's invoking. And in retrospect, I misspoke as far as the oath. In all likelihood, the officers wouldn't be running contrary to their oath to enforce the action. An officer taking an oath to defend the state and federal constitution, is not without limits, as rights are not always universally held, at least not legally. You can bet your bottom dollar that EVERY state has a provision in which one's rights can be suspended en masse. Instances of rebellion, invasion, and public safety have pretty regularly been used to curtail rights, and of the top of my head, curfew laws after major disasters.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the whole "state of an emergency," combined with the Charlottesville folks saying they'll be attending, and VA's claim that they have credible information about people planning violence, supersedes that Oath, by creating an extenuating circumstance.

Weren't you just yesterday saying in another thread that our government shouldn't prosecute people because they might commit a crime (referencing the Iranian guy with the pick axe stopped at the bridge to Palm Beach)?

Hard to see how this is much different

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Basic understanding of law. It matters not whether I agree of disagree with something. Look at the action, look at history, and see it's legally applied. The governor of VA might be making the whole thing up about the emergency, and simply doesn't want pro-2A people on his lawn. The problem? We don't have anything to back that belief up. In our nation's history civil liberties, have been repeatedly curtailed if there was a determination that there was a risk to the public.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...porters-suggesting-they-are-all-mentally-ill/
    Virginia senator attacks 2A supporters, suggesting they are all mentally ill

Maybe he's going to skip that pesky due process and just red flag them all. Look for Virginia to go red again in 2020. The more people like this give previews of the progressive utopia they envision, the more it looks like a combination of the French and Bolshevik revolutions. This will end badly for them

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That mr guns and gear lost all credibility during the fight for “whiskey 556” in New York!

Plenty of wakers gonna show up and act stupid!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Odde5Ny54&feature=youtu.be[/URL]

“You should be pulled out of office by the hair on your head, walking down the streets of the capital, walked up to the steps of a swinging rope that’s placed around your neck, because you, sir, are a tyrant and you’re committing treason,” Shoaff said. “And you would be a good example to set for the other elected officials who are doing the same thing.”

So what's untrue about that statement?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The girl sleeping in my bed has a Jurus Doctorate, so she has a pretty good understanding of the law. She is aghast that the Governor of Va suspended habeas corpus with this. The country should be enraged with the Governor....

Who are you, and what have you done with last week's Clay Pigeon

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm didn't make a declaration as to the right or wrong of it. Only that the governor most likely has the power he's invoking. And in retrospect, I misspoke as far as the oath. In all likelihood, the officers wouldn't be running contrary to their oath to enforce the action. An officer taking an oath to defend the state and federal constitution, is not without limits, as rights are not always universally held, at least not legally. You can bet your bottom dollar that EVERY state has a provision in which one's rights can be suspended en masse. Instances of rebellion, invasion, and public safety have pretty regularly been used to curtail rights, and of the top of my head, curfew laws after major disasters.

Did you miss the parts in the video in #134 that refer specifically to Virginia? Not only is this in violation of the US Constitution, it violates the Virginia Constitution and goes against enacted laws prohibiting exactly this sort of deprivation of RKBA in times of emergency

Seems pretty cut and dried, and I doubt these people squawking about due process for me and not for thee are going to get much traction

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    The photos and videos show that these are boomers finally fed up. Boomers are the largest population now and actually vote. It is known that politicians are devious and will maintain there grip on power at all costs. Making concessions, deals to stay on power is what they do. The first deal is to send all firearm bills thru the new 2A committee to kill so they never make it to the floor for discussion. If a bills is found to be unconstitutional the bills founder and sponsors are taken off all committees. For the sake of the children.

Any politican may freely adopt/steal the above recommendations...

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Weren't you just yesterday saying in another thread that our government shouldn't prosecute people because they might commit a crime (referencing the Iranian guy with the pick axe stopped at the bridge to Palm Beach)?

Hard to see how this is much different

You know the difference. Not like he’s going to admit bias.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Who are you, and what have you done with last week's Clay Pigeon

Im the same person.... Ive been around for awhile on this rock..
    Ive seen this shake out many times before with growing up and living in the DelMarvadc area. Folks historically dont show up.... Thats just a simple fact....
    That has nothing to do with my opinion on this topic, I moved from Maryland over two topics. Guns and taxes.

Top Bottom