Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Expect a PM from Wild Deuce on why? :D I know... I know... :D

@ShootinDave/MColford

Is there a Wal-mart, Menards, Hope Depot, Lowes near by the range?[/QUOTE]

Walmart and Home Depot in Logansport. (10 miles south of me, but im in Logansport regularly).

-MColford

I ask because I want to get the RO (Mr. Kraft) a gift card but not sure what stores ya have in the general area now where he lives.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Does the RO come out and play ? If he doesnt we could always invite him as well, kind of a treat for fixing our destruction??? Not opposed to the gift card idea either.

-MColford

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does the RO come out and play ? If he doesnt we could always invite him as well, kind of a treat for fixing our destruction??? Not opposed to the gift card idea either.

-MColford

We offer the RO food and he has at times accepted along with the younger RO. Most of the time he says "Hello" and just reads his book in the little office.

I think per DNR rules/policy he can NOT carry a gun while on the gun and that might extend to him not firing other people's wepaons. But not sure.

---
    At this point I plan on getting him a $25 cift card to either WalMart, Cabela's or amazon.com
    $20 donation by me
    $5 donation by lonehoosier

Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    what is SWAG ???
    Swag is items, like you go to a sci-fi convention for example they will have "Swag" t shirts books hats a more slang term for merchandise so INGO Swag will be like shirts hats patches ect. :)
    Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of the range rules and NWI Meet and shoot rules? thanks!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Swag stands for "Stuff We All Get". It was originally born from bands, street teams, and things of the like. It was usually stuff that was given out to spread the word for up and comers.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Adamska.... The rules at the range are posted (they are nothing other than common sense, or so I believe).

There are some ammo restrictions for rifles. No full-auto on the range (any of them) and shotguns are allowed. There is a sign at the 25 Yard that says shotguns should use #4 or smaller only. Not sure about the other 3 ranges.

-MColford

Last edited:

sdman11890

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Highland
    I'll try to make it. I'll have my M&P9, my mosin, and my Rem 700 in 300 win mag. You're welcome to shoot the first two, bring ammo if you want to shoot the 700.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Very long range forecast is now calling for a rainy Sunday. It's seven days away and things can change but it wouldn't hurt to start lining up some canopies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Does anybody want to go in half on 223 ammo. I am going to buy 100 rounds at $36 if Blyths still has it one sale.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    lonehoosier/napalmFTW thanks for the donation for the RO.
    Any particular store we should get the gift card for?
    I was leaning towards amazon.com since the RO likes to read.. but a wal-mart/cabela's/ etc can also be done? Or we could do a combo or 2 or more?

$15 to one and $15 to another?
    Thoughts?

In terms of the DNR Range rules from the DNR website
    DNR: Winamac

Target Ranges
    • There are three public shooting ranges on Winamac FWA. Daily self-service check-in is required at each range.
    • The archery range provides shooting stations at 10, 20, 30, and 40 yards from the ground or an elevated platform.
    • The shotgun range is for clay targets only. Users must provide clay targets and throwers.
    • The shooting range provides covered shooting stations at 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards. Paper targets only, properly posted on provided target bases. Users must provide paper targets and fasteners.
    • Shooting and shotgun range hours: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm April - August. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm September – March.
    • The archery range is open daily from daylight to dark.
    • Ranges are closed on Mondays, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
    NWI INGO does have have any additonal rules per say. We just bunch up together like one big happy family on the 25 yard benches and take turns shooting/sharing the stalls. We typically end up taking over the entire 25 yard area so it's shoot from any of the benches and make room for others.

You will hear a "lunch call" when the food is ready. You'll also hear a "any last food items" before we shut the grills down. Plus an annoucement that the rifle/hadgun competition is going to start.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Ok davegrave. I will go in the morning to get it.

Jedi I would stick with one place. I would go with Walmart just in case he does not do the computer thing in lise you hnow something I don't.

I am not try to put any pressure on anybody but I thought that donation would be much higher then that. I have been to other ranges many time and I have never seen anybody or group do what we are allowed to do. Put me in for $10.00

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom