• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Joe, just so you can sleep better tonight, you did not break the red dot on the AR. It worked later in the day just fine. I had a good time today, it was needed. Got some videos with the Saiga and I and I have a big smile on my face. Did anyone see Jedi's coffee can? I thought I saw it fly over a berm when it got windy out.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Oh yeah, QUE........ I saw on the tote of goodies one of the old school stickers that had the website instead of just INGO. Are there anymore of those stickers?

-MColford

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I want to thank all of you guys for your hospitality. I really had an awesome time and the shoot was well worth the drive. I guess the food was good. I realized after I left that I didn't eat! :D However, the bacon wrapped bratts, dogs and burgers smelled great! :laugh:

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

CSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

CSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks "K" ;) Nice to meet you. The food was good, as was the bacon wrapped bacon. Wish I'd had more now but I know I'd have regretted it!

Gotta love America! ;) Guns and bacon, it doesn't get much better.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I forgot to add that I got to wring out my custom tuned model 58 in 45. That was FUN! Everyone that shot it had a grin too. Which reminds me Que, who did the work on your 1911 again? I drove home thinking about it and for the life of me I've blanked on the guys name.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I forgot to add that I got to wring out my custom tuned model 58 in 45. That was FUN! Everyone that shot it had a grin too. Which reminds me Que, who did the work on your 1911 again? I drove home thinking about it and for the life of me I've blanked on the guys name.

Joe Bell.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Was a great day. Glad to see I invested so much to win some quality INGO merch!!! I cant wait to get that thing dialed in at the 200m mark. Thats a hell of a walk to see my target holes though!!! Even worse when you keep missing and have very little idea of were it is going. Thanks sacrafice for the roller skate target checking!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR: NOV MEET & SHOOT: -1 Joe

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $56.83
    Expenses: -$50.89 (8 plywoods)
    Donations: $40 ($20 lonehoosier; $10 subtlesixer03; $10 subtlesixer03's dad)
    Post-Event Pot: $48.94

Note that doing STRAIGHT MATH the pot should be 56.83 - 50.89 + 40 = 45.94. However a Menards Rebate was used to by the wood (recall earlier this year when we bought plywood we got a 10% rebate well it finally arrived. Thus the "incorrect" math (ie. higher than it should be in the pot).

Thank you to our donors who have made it possible to give the range plywood each time we have been out. We have now donated 45 boards in 2011 (26 donated in 2010).

--FOOD UPDATE--
    We have 11 packs of dogs, 3 bags of chips, 1 box of hoes, 1/2 mustard left , 16 dog buns, and a case of coke.

Thank you to everyone that has donated this month. I'm sure I'm going to miss some. I know that Cindy brought 2 packs of dogs, we have several donors with chips, some 2 liters of pop, ShootinDave with a case of Coke, Sacrifice_Me with the 50/50 Ice tea & lemonade (OMG that was REAL good!!), and off course we have the cheap filty dity Hoes NORTH OF US-30 (ie. Wal-Mart brand Hoe Hoes) and we also have the high class expensive Hoes as well. :rockwoot:

We got a super special treat from Sacrifice_Me. She baked us tactical cookies!
    DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

:D

Plus a big BACON!! BACON!! Shot-out to lonehoosier who cooked 6 lbs of bacon this time around on 2 stoves! :rockwoot: It was bacon burgers, bacon brauts, bacon dogs, bacon on bacon. Needless to say it was bacon heaven.

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several first timers from out of our area.

• Sacrifice_Me & "I'm from the internet" (ie. INGO lurker member) came from Elkhart, IN.
    • Que came from Indy
    • Cindy & her husband
    • subtlesixer03 brought his dad
    • Adamska and his dad (?? I think ??)
    • mcolford and his cousin/son/brother (??)
    • ShootinDave's son

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    We had 2 NWI INGO competitions this time around.

Pistol Competition
    This time around we have zombie turkey's on the loose on the range.
    It was a very hard competition since the "targets" (ie. turkey brain) was a very small target on the paper and shooting at 20 feet with a handgun was well tough!

This is the target (before I edit it with very small yellow/red circles in the center of each turkey)
    2010-01-31.jpg

5 shots per shooter with a MAX score of 10 points.
    Forward turkeys counted for 1 pt; smaller back turkey's counted 2 pts.

The winners were:

1st Place: mcoldord with 2 points; 3 zombies hit (1 red target)
    DSC_0252.jpg

Que is holding his prize for him, INGO cap with the velcro for patches.

2nd Place: Magic Man with 2 points; 2 zombies hit (2 yellow targets)
    DSC_0254.jpg

2 INGO patches.

We also had 3 "last place" dead INGO members who did not hit any turkey's at all. Sadly these 3 members are now zombies as well and thus can not be named. ;) Everyone else at least hit a turkey, a very few hit the brain on 1 turkey.

Rifle Competition
    Sadly with Goober was not able to make it so I had to re-use the very first rifle competition targets again (ie. Appleseed small targets). 8 shots; 2 shots per target at the 25 yard line with a rifle (any position; any caliber; iron sights x2 bonus).

The winners were:

1st place with a score of 44: subtlesixer03
    DSC_0255.jpg

He won a $5 Cabela gift card, a new (NOT RELEASED YET) INGO tall beer glass, INGO stickers, and INGO chamber flags!

2nd place with a score of 43: ShootinDave
    DSC_0256.jpg

He won an INGO cap.

The "boo-boo" award (last place) went to mcoldord.
    :dunno: Get won 1st place with a pistol but give him a rifle and it's all down hill. :D He got our "rotten hotdog" LAST PLACE award.

DSC_0070.JPG

The on going joke is that if you say you are going to come and you do not show up we leave a hot dog in the wooded area for you. So that the next time you get to eat the old hot dog!

--MY DAY--
    Well I got to the range at 7:45AM (left the house at 6AM) so I could have some alone time before all the losers and thieves showed up that ended up NOT showing up. WD and sadclownNP!

Focusing on just my 10/22 with the appleseed targets. Still have not added the sling.

In any case my scores where as follows with 10/22 with TechSights + Federal Bulk Ammo:
    Test 1 = 180 (sharpshooter)
    Test 2 = 152 (no qualify)
    Test 3 = 190 (marksman)

Not my best but then again I was not trying, trying nor was I really focused on my breathing. Could not get into the "zone" and frankly gave up and spent time with the Mark III moving up closer to the line since it was me and some other guy also doing just handgun.

I finally figured out the sights on the Mark III (need to aim higher than normal) to hit correctly. It's the first time in a long time that I put more than 10 rounds thru it. Ran about 150 before calling it quits.

Other Guns
    "I am from the interent" tell me use his Mosin Carbine and that was a blast!
    My right shoulder is all sore but what a great fireball and BOOM that gun makes. I think the sights are off cause I did not even hit the paper and when Joe tried it he too was not hitting the paper. But in any case it is a fun gun to hurt yourself with. The owner has had it for sale before on INGO and it's never been picked up. If you are reading it and come back in 2012 I might be interested in taking it from you. Send me a PM later on (after the holidays) and we can talk.

Magic Man thanks for letting me shoot the GSG. It's a fun & cheap way to see what my 1911 can do.

subtlesixer03 the H&K .223 you have is amazing in terms of recoil! Can't really feel it. It's just under par in terms of turnandshoot's .308 that I shot before (recoil wise).

--The Coffee Can Saga--
    So if you don't know about the coffee can saga please read this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...et_and_shoot_22_oct_2011_a-4.html#post2272608
    and then this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_event_or_where_is_jedis_coffee_can.html

So today I brought a "sister" red coffee can and I got lucky when I first arrived because there was a ton of .223 brass on the 25 yard. This is untypical but I figured I take it and trade later for some .45 or .40 since I don't use .223. Also found a ton of .40 as well. The can was OK sitting by itself holding down the targets until it was abducted!

As you can see the abductor has posted just an image with no ransom note. :xmad:

It's official WINAMAC has gone down hill! The gettho of NWI has taken effect at WINAMAC and thief is rampant.

So next year I'm going to spray paint my can PINK since I know most of you are pink-a-fobic and see if it does not walk away as well. :D

--SPECIAL THANKS--

• Joe for help score the tournament targets.
    • ShootinDave's & Adamska dad (???) for helping unload the plywood
    • lonehoosier for helping with the cooking
    • Sacrifice_Me for setting up the food area

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. I will post a new thread in the events section shortly for the 2012 YEAR IN REVIEW NWI INGO MEET & SHOOT so we can talk about what we liked, did not like, what to see, changes, a tentative schedule, etc.

--OTHER ACTIONS--
    Don't forget the other events upcoming.

Also RedNeck Medic is coming to Hobart, IN for his class on 19 NOV.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rnm_trauma_class_nwi_11_19_a.html#post2169650

Also the MEET & EAT will most likely be held in JAN 2010 in LAKE COUNTY, IN.

I have to pull out, I got called into work for tomorrow morning.

Hope you were wearing protection & TMI. :laugh::laugh:

Jedi-please warn us next time if we need to mount 20X on our handguns for the next competition

Oh what fun would that be if I made the targets easy to shoot. :)

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    FYI I happened to find a hitch hiking box of 40 ammo in my ammo box. This happens to be very peculer since I do not own a 40 cal firearm. If said ammos person could pm said 40 cal ammos maker I shall then hold it till we next meet.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    - James the fat guy lol :):

You might as well just say James. "The fat guy" doesn't really narrow it down in our group. There's, um, more than a few of us. Might as well send someone to East Chicago to look for "a mexican guy". :D

Jedi...heard some comment that the buns are kind of out of their prime. You might want to use them up to make stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas, or maybe donate them to a shelter or something and we'll all pitch in to start next year with fresh, soft, mouth-watering buns.

PS, I'm glad your coffee can got stolen. I think it might be a new Meet and Shoot tradition. Every month we'll steal one thing from you and then on your deathbed, many years from now, we'll all assemble and give you back all your stuff and laugh at you one last time. :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi...heard some comment that the buns are kind of out of their prime. You might want to use them up to make stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas, or maybe donate them to a shelter or something and we'll all pitch in to start next year with fresh, soft, mouth-watering buns.

Agree on the bread. It does not take well to the freezer. For 2012 that is what I plan on doing. The bread MUST be eaten or at the end it gets farmed out and it goes home with members. Freezer bread is just not good. Plus Strek sells it for $1 so it's not a big donation item to get a few as we go thru them.

I need to be on the look out for the Meijer burger cases when they go on sale. Going to have to stock up.

PS, I'm glad your coffee can got stolen. I think it might be a new Meet and Shoot tradition. Every month we'll steal one thing from you and then on your deathbed, many years from now, we'll all assemble and give you back all your stuff and laugh at you one last time. :rockwoot:
    Oh that is mean! Typically "you people" !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom