• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I am NOT coming to the Meet & Shoot. (Felt like I needed to add that after reading Woodrow's posts. :D)

I just want to make sure that Mods see that I am making a contribution to the actual event while I am also conversing on the issues at hand. I suppose there are derogatory names for such behavior...

Wife and I will be there. I need to pick up some .45 ammo. I think that and .22 will be the majority of my shooting. I'll always have plenty of 7.62x39 though. I'm breaking in my new Springfield before it goes to the chop shop.

Last edited:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    anybody wanna be a good friend and sight in my new tech sights??? good ammo in return or something of value. I cant make it and I need to sight this in before appleseed. anybody?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Clif I can do it for you if you like. I have to sight my 2nd 10/22 anyways since I got the Tech Sights install on it this weekend as well.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I just want to make sure that Mods see that I am making a contribution to the actual event while I am also conversing on the issues at hand. I suppose there are derogatory names for such behavior...

Wife and I will be there. I need to pick up some .45 ammo. I think that and .22 will be the majority of my shooting. I'll always have plenty of 7.62x39 though. I'm breaking in my new Springfield before it goes to the chop shop.

Haha - I'm very proud of my brown nose - some might call me names, but I just like to think I know what it takes to get to the top. :D

Oh, and I am NOT attending the NWI Meet and Shoot. ;)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Is the curent list on page one up to date? Of those attending, who's going to the Appleseed? Melensdad, who's coming from ICarry (if you can share)? I know a few of those folks.

I'm tossing around the idea of coming out. I have a minor issue though. I'm down to one dependable car and one unproven vehicle. The wife will need the good car this weekend so I am a bit leery of making that loooong drive to Winamac in the clunker.

Do any of you carpool or, better yet, caravan out there? I would hate to get stranded out in the middle of nowhere with a car load of firearms and a crazed honeybee killer still on the loose :scared:.

I'm even consdiering leaving the guns at home and just brining ammo as well as stuff to talk about (first aid kit and some sample go-bags) and a camera.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    To the best of my knowledge the list is up to date.
    I don't think anyone on the current list on page 1 is going to Appleseed.

Of the regulars the only one missing rigth now is GunBunny. Have not heard from him in a while.

I still need to figure out tonight if I can fit the plywood in the mini-van.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't think he's on the list of people attending on the first page, but GeronimoJoe85 will be carpooling with me. I also spoke with a couple members at the Cigar Lounge today who came for the cigar lunch and they indicated they were attending.

Melensdad, who's coming from ICarry (if you can share)? I know a few of those folks.
    I don't know who exactly is coming, I know who I've gotten inquiries from and who indicated they HOPE to attend. But 2 members there have contacted me a couple times, MikeBasche and SportsFreak. Both indicated they might bring a guest or another iCarry members.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm back from the Knob just in time to attend another INGO shoot with you guys... and Jediagh if you bring some 12 G ammo with you I plan to have a Saiga 12 with a couple 5 round Rusky mags and a brand new MD Arms 20 round drum to abuse for the day... firewood anyone... Lets let some lead fly....

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Well I'm back from the Knob just in time to attend another INGO shoot with you guys... and Jediagh if you bring some 12 G ammo with you I plan to have a Saiga 12 with a couple 5 round Rusky mags and a brand new MD Arms 20 round drum to abuse for the day... firewood anyone... Lets let some lead fly....

Hmmmm, maybe I can get an advance on my allowance....:dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm still weighing my options to see if I can make it.

Is the group oppsed to breaking clays and does anyone know if they have throwers available at the clay/shotgun range around the corner?

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Jediagh-

I'll donate for the plywood. I try to throw in whenever I'm there.

We'll bring some jumbo hotdogs and drinks, too. Those that melensdad had were great.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Looks like I will be there +1 unless something changes. I will have Ruger P94 .40 and 10/22. She will have Taurus PT709 Slim 9MM. Have ammo for all. Might have to stop by the locker plant in Royal Center and grab some of the best beef jerky there is for everyone.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Last call, we need plywood, does anyone have a truck or van, I am trying to convince jediagh to use his minivan... But I don't know if he'll do it.

lets make this happen people, we need volunteers, you'll earn serious respect with the community, and you WILL be reimbursed for your efforts.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay here is my plan on action since it does look like we can get a truck. When I get home tonight I'll go to Menards and buy up to 6 plywoods and see if I can fit all 6 in the minivan. I'll fit as many as I can (up to 6 since that is the max we have taken them). So I'll have an update for ya around 8PM today.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It really, really sucks not having a truck.* I just lost mine this past month to an accident (hit and run ... my insurance wouldn't fix it due to age so it was totalled) otherwise I would be happy to help. I doubt I would get much plywood in my Cavalier or my Stratus (unless we cut each sheet into 2x2 squares).

BTW, I am a definite maybe for Saturday.

*Anyone have a reliable 4x4 Crew Cab Truck they want to trade for a Crazy Horse Rifle?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Aside from donations (food, plywood, ammo) is there a cost involved? I'd really like to come (bringing fun toys to share, of course) but would need a budget idea. That is, of course, if us Mid-North-Central-Indiana folks are invited..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Aside from donations (food, plywood, ammo) is there a cost involved? I'd really like to come (bringing fun toys to share, of course) but would need a budget idea. That is, of course, if us Mid-North-Central-Indiana folks are invited..

No cost for the range.

The cost you will incur is for the ammo you shoot (most people bring their own) and for the targets you bring to shoot. FREE targets can be downloaded from FREE TARGETS from TARGETZ.com A couple people usually bring staple guns and are willing to share so there is no cost to hang the targets.

Bring eye/ear protection. If you can bring some snacks to share, if not that is OK too. If you have an odd caliber toy then its generally considered good form to bring extra ammo for that gun and share that but its reasonable to limit the amount of shooting if the ammo is expensive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom