• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    OK, you can put me and my 995 on the planning to attend list.
    995.jpg

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I will be attending the Winimac Meet and Shoot.

We (NWI INGO) did have a entire event post "moved" out of the events channel because we got out of hand and were still doing a "feeler" for a date by the MODs. Thus why now-a-days I post the "go vote for a date in the GENERAL" and then have that one locked and post an "official" once we have the date.

I understand. Such caution is most unfortunate, because we are the most active group on INGO and it is because we communicate so well amongst ourselves. That and your leadership, because I feel safe in saying that you are the de facto head of our band. Forgive me if I find despicable such behavior on the part of the mods. I have no patience for such petty antics.

Thank you for your constant diligence, Jediagh. I mean that.

I will be attending the Winimac Meet & Shoot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK, you can put me and my 995 on the planning to attend list.
    995.jpg
    I have a real hard time justifying spending big bucks on a pistol caliber carbine. I used to have a Marlin Camp 9, sweet, basic and cheap. I currently have a 9mm Oly AR15 upper, not quite as cheap, but still just a basic plinker.

The HiPoint you have in the aftermarket stock sure beats the heck out of spending big bucks on a Beretta carbine. I'd love to shoot this HiPoint :yesway: To me it is probably the of the "best values" in the pistol caliber carbine category and the aftermarket stocks make them look awesome.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have a real hard time justifying spending big bucks on a pistol caliber carbine. I used to have a Marlin Camp 9, sweet, basic and cheap. I currently have a 9mm Oly AR15 upper, not quite as cheap, but still just a basic plinker.

The HiPoint you have in the aftermarket stock sure beats the heck out of spending big bucks on a Beretta carbine. I'd love to shoot this HiPoint :yesway: To me it is probably the of the "best values" in the pistol caliber carbine category and the aftermarket stocks make them look awesome.
    Shoot it you shall, and yes it was quite a value. I picked it up for $200, including the ATI stock and the red dot scope.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Shoot it you shall, and yes it was quite a value. I picked it up for $200, including the ATI stock and the red dot scope.

That's a great price! I look forward to trying it too.

I will be attending the Meet and Shoot at Winimac.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Sadly no Woodrow. We (NWI INGO) have been very good at staying on topic while in the events thread and we (NWI INGO) also have the longest running steady events thread as well as such I suspect we have gotten some "look the other way" when we post in here. We (NWI INGO) did have a entire event post "moved" out of the events channel because we got out of hand and were still doing a "feeler" for a date by the MODs. Thus why now-a-days I post the "go vote for a date in the GENERAL" and then have that one locked and post an "official" once we have the date.

Here is a reminder of the rules.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/37703-guidelines_for_posting_events.html

It also makes it easier for me when we keep the other topics out of the main post so I can update who is coming and what they are bringing and answer any questions and update the FAQ for those that are new.

Here is an idea!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._and_shoot_discussion_thread.html#post1347660

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I will be there possibly plus 2
    xd .40 (bring ammo to shoot)
    mossberg 500 12 ga (again, bring ammo to shoot)
    marlin .22 (have ammo)
    5 or 10 bucks for plywood
    I'll bring something for food

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    OK, if evilblackrifle might not make it on time or at all with his ample supplies, then I have some suggestions.

If there's anyone with a truck that lives near michigan city, than I'm willing to meet up with them and cover the cost of the plywood at menards if they can haul it (I have a car so i cant haul plywood), perhaps we can carpool so i can save on some gas.

Also, I can bring some brats a small smoker grill and a few two liters of soda.

I am new to the group, and would appreciate an opportunity to contribute on my first outing, so if anyone with a truck can make it to michigan city on your way to the meeting, than just let me know and I'll see you at menards.

P.S. small, optional, contributions would be appreciated form anyone who can, to reimburse some of the costs for the plywood.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Are full sheets of plywood neccessary, or can it be half sheets? What thickness?

Good question which I'll add to the FAQ in a bit.

The plywood must be 4' x 8' in size any thickness. The wooden poles where it is nailed to will only take the 4x8 size. Clif45 has been buying the cheapest 4x8s he can find 7/16 thick I think.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Last time we were there we filled the bin back up. I don't know how much they have changed this month, but we might want to call ahead and see if they need much more. It is leaning towards me not making it out at this point. I am the one who usually brings the wood out. If it was Sunday I could do it, but i am probably going to work on Saturday. I will not be able to get out there for a while if I cant make it out Saturday. If we cant get anything out there, someone can collect donations and we can use it for the next shoot. That way we are a little ahead on the next round of plywood, since we did not get much cash last shoot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay let me make the call in a bit.

--update--
    just called but i'm getting their voicemail. it's 3:40 over there. I'll try again in 20 mins and if not will call them in the mornirng. I'm wonderings will 4x8 plywood fit in a mini-van?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Okay let me make the call in a bit.

--update--
    just called but i'm getting their voicemail. it's 3:40 over there. I'll try again in 20 mins and if not will call them in the mornirng. I'm wonderings will 4x8 plywood fit in a mini-van?

Depends on the mini-van. we used to get full sheets in our Grand Caravan, but it was a little tight.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just thought this needed to be BUMPED again as a reminder . . . hope to see everyone on Saturday!

And just to confirm, I will be bringing the BBQ GRILL with me. I'll also be bringing some "RED HOTS" this time instead of regular hot dogs. From reading the thread it appears that others will be bringing HOT DOGS and BRATWURST (?) for the grill too. Oh, and I'll have BUNS for the weenies too.

Still not sure if I have any guests from the Illinois "iCarry" website coming. I have been contacted by a couple but its a long drive so I guess we will see if they show up to the shoot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll be bring 2 packets of hot dogs (normal size) & buns as well. C ya all there. GhostofWinter is working this sat as well so guess we will just have to put his dogs aside along with the ones from the last several shoots. By the time he gets around to eat all his dogs they are going to be green and moldy. LOL!!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I promise I'm not deliberately not hanging out with you guys! I WILL make to another one of these again in the future, but, alas, I've already made another commitment for this Saturday. Have fun, and practice those different positions so you're all ready for those Appleseeds coming your way! ;)

I am NOT coming to the Meet & Shoot. (Felt like I needed to add that after reading Woodrow's posts. :D)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't worry girly-girl we have a stack of "old moldy" hot dogs waiting for you as well!
    Looks at the calendar I think NOV will be the LAST 2010 Meet & Shoot for the year. Dec is a mess with the holidays (work, personal, etc..) so I'm not going to try and organize one for then. In talking to Ghost this past wekeend, I'll probably do a MEET & EAT late JAN/FEB and then do the first 2011 MEET & SHOOT in MAR 2011.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom