NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Base is connected by wire. But before the "upgrade" to fiber I never had this issue. Using the same connection point as prior. I lose phones, internet and cc machine at times as well. Sometimes it's all 3, sometimes it's just 1 and not all. Have to reboot the modem roughly once every couple weeks. And it sucks when I only lose connection to cc machine as I don't know until I go to run a card. Then the customer has to wait on the reboot.

Frontier has been out on numerous occasions and of course can't duplicate any issues
    Sound like....

user-error.png

:p

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Base is connected by wire. But before the "upgrade" to fiber I never had this issue. Using the same connection point as prior. I lose phones, internet and cc machine at times as well. Sometimes it's all 3, sometimes it's just 1 and not all. Have to reboot the modem roughly once every couple weeks. And it sucks when I only lose connection to cc machine as I don't know until I go to run a card. Then the customer has to wait on the reboot.

Frontier has been out on numerous occasions and of course can't duplicate any issues
    Typical Telco.

Sounds like they have network issues.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That's not new. They were offering power service from "environmentally friendly alternatives" when I lived in Gary and I've been in Kouts for 4 years.

My question is, it's all coming through the same transmission line so how are your electrons any greener than your neighbors?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That's not new. They were offering power service from "environmentally friendly alternatives" when I lived in Gary and I've been in Kouts for 4 years.

My question is, it's all coming through the same transmission line so how are your electrons any greener than your neighbors?
    Exactly. We're all getting the same gas regardless. Guessing they're hoping a bunch of dumbasses will pay the extra to feel good about themselves

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    This happened again.... I went back to the nest I killed with gas the other day. I took a long stick to flip over the board I placed on top. Thinking a few yellow jackets would still around it. It was a piece of 3/8" plywood about 18 by 24. When I got there the board was laying a few feet away and the hole was torn open and the nest was in pieces laying all over.
    torn up nest.JPG

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone want to pay NIPSCO more money? You now can by volunteering in the "green" peogram they have.

View attachment 379746

View attachment 379747

How many of yous are gonna do it?
    :rofl:
    They asked for this a few years ago.

I remember getting a letter in the mail from them asking if I wanted to 'opt in' and I'm thinking to myself why the hell do I want to give myself a rate increase?

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    They asked for this a few years ago.
    Do you keep getting the letters in the mail from AEP wanting you to sign up for wire protection service? I think it was like $10 or $15 a month. Not sure exactly what they are selling because they are still responsible for the over head wiring to your house. (or underground) Maybe it is the wiring from the meter to your breaker panel. For $15 a month I could hire someone... (I would probably do it myself anyway.)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A NIPSCO guy told me whenever they went in someone's house that was on the energy assistance program, the heat would be cranked up into the upper 80s.
    Duh
    Human nature if you don't earn it it does not matter to you.

Those on that program know that someone else is paying so off course they don't care about the bill.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom