NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If you average the results on a speed test website and then do the same on 2 or 3 other sites, and then average the averages, your result is probably close enough.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    If you average the results on a speed test website and then do the same on 2 or 3 other sites, and then average the averages, your result is probably close enough.
    Fiber is supposed to be pretty consistent. Cable varies by how many people are on in your area at the same time. (When school lets out it plummets.)

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Cable uses electric conductors to transmit signal, while fiber optic uses refraction of photons. Depending on the medium used, clarity, and thickness of the fiber, many signals can be transmitted to and fro at just slightly less than the speed of light, many more than what an electrical conductor can transmit. I believe the light signals in a fiber optic can be modulated by changing the wavelength (ie. color) to maybe increase the amount of signals that can concurrently transmit through the crystal. Fiber signals can be transmitted further away without as many repeaters, as the primary impedance would be medium clarity and impurities, while conductors are impeded by electrical resistance.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cable uses electric conductors to transmit signal, while fiber optic uses refraction of photons. Depending on the medium used, clarity, and thickness of the fiber, many signals can be transmitted to and fro at just slightly less than the speed of light, many more than what an electrical conductor can transmit. I believe the light signals in a fiber optic can be modulated by changing the wavelength (ie. color) to maybe increase the amount of signals that can concurrently transmit through the crystal. Fiber signals can be transmitted further away without as many repeaters, as the primary impedance would be medium clarity and impurities, while conductors are impeded by electrical resistance.
    N
    E
    R
    D

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Somebody is using big words....

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Fiber is supposed to be pretty consistent. Cable varies by how many people are on in your area at the same time. (When school lets out it plummets.)
    Fiber is SUPPOSED to be consistent but we have Surf Fiber in Kouts and the download speed varies by up to 100 Mbps sometimes(the plan is 500) the upload varies too but it's a smaller margin

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Agreed, we have it at the shop too, horrible
    Do you get where every now and then the speaker is all garbled? Can't understand a thing people are saying. Happens at least once a day, sometimes more. Even thought it could be my phones and bought a new set-up. Same ****

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    First time at this place for a bday celebration for work.

Screenshot_20240911_213700_Maps.jpg

Similar to house of kobe but less food and higher prices.

Filet mignon plus jumbo shrimp plus chicken with upgraded steak fried rice was $65 before tax and tip. Just water for jedi.

That is about $15 more than house of kobe and no doggie bag to take home.
    The food is less salty that kobe.

Still would not recommend.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Do you get where every now and then the speaker is all garbled? Can't understand a thing people are saying. Happens at least once a day, sometimes more. Even thought it could be my phones and bought a new set-up. Same ****
    No, we just get sloooooow internet a lot, all computers not just one or two. When we do lose service it’s like no big deal to them, they’ll get to it when they’re damn good and ready

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That could be your connection, the Internet, or their connection.

Are your phones connected with a wire or wirelessly?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That could be your connection, the Internet, or their connection.

Are your phones connected with a wire or wirelessly?
    Base is connected by wire. But before the "upgrade" to fiber I never had this issue. Using the same connection point as prior. I lose phones, internet and cc machine at times as well. Sometimes it's all 3, sometimes it's just 1 and not all. Have to reboot the modem roughly once every couple weeks. And it sucks when I only lose connection to cc machine as I don't know until I go to run a card. Then the customer has to wait on the reboot.

Frontier has been out on numerous occasions and of course can't duplicate any issues

Top Bottom