NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I never been to one... How many showed up? I followed a few posts that some were busy.
    It always depends. We usually have at least a couple showing up but as stated we often have quite a bit more. They are lots of fun, getting the chance to use each other's firearms or just sitting and talking

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Avoid back surgery if you can! I’ve been down the rabbit hole of back surgery 4x and if I had the chance to go back in time I would have said no!
    But if you do think about it, consult a neurosurgeon, not a regular orthopedic surgeon. Get MRI done and analyzed by a neuroradiologist who specializes in reading vertebral MRI looking to pinpoint the exact source of your pain and the nerves involved.
    Trust me, I’ve learned this the hard way!
    I second that …. 3 back surgeries in

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I have yet to hear someone i know say they had back surgery and it was one of the best decisions they ever had. Hips and knees, yes. Back, no
    I’m the exception, I guess. Had a herniated disc (L4-L5) for a few years which sent pain from my lower back down my left leg for every waking moment of every day. Tried PT, meds and just plain dealing with it. Finally got desperate enough for surgery in 2009 and have been pain free since.
    Edit- Also meant to say: to be fair to your point, I also felt this way (hadn’t heard anyone speaking positively of back surgery), which is why I avoided it and dealt with excruciating pain for years.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Home from a successful trip to Florida with a 4 year old.

Boy learned to surf on a boogie board, he actually stood up on it! Lots of wave action in the ocean, visited the historical St Augustine Lighthouse

He got to meet the king rat himself. Plus Daffy, Goofy and Ariel. FWIW, wait until your kids are 5 or 6 to take them to Disney, too much stuff the little ones can't do or don't really understand. Prime age is probably 6 to 9 years old

The highlight was meeting Buc-ee! Not the fake one, like Santa at the mall, but the original Buc-ee, at the truck stop just outside St Augustine, FLA :mullet:

IMG_3358.jpeg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For back and neck issues I go to a chiropractor.

Finally got my wife to go for her back and now she goes regularly for maintenance as well.
    I'm so afraid of anything that could make it worse. In addition to the arthritis and stenosis, I've got five bulging lumbar discs, and two of them are herniated. I'm barely functioning now. One wrong move could take me out.

That being said, I have been thinking about trying it out of desperation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm so afraid of anything that could make it worse. In addition to the arthritis and stenosis, I've got five bulging lumbar discs, and two of them are herniated. I'm barely functioning now. One wrong move could take me out.

That being said, I have been thinking about trying it out of desperation.
    I have two bulging and two compressed disks in neck. Without the chiropractor I can barely move my head at all. I end up with a permanent kink in my neck. When I started going this last time it had also pinched a nerve which had two of the fingers on my left hand going numb. In the past I would go until I felt better, and then some years would pass and I would get bad again. As I got older that time span was less. This time I decided to stick with the maintenance, and I am well past the time it would have come back. I go every 8 weeks for maintenance. My wife goes every four. At 8 weeks my neck is just starting to ache a little, so it has worked perfectly.

There is little a Dr can do for a back. Really it is drugs or surgery. The chiropractor will put your spine back into alignment, which will alleviate a lot of the pain and stress. If you go, you'll start out going a lot, plus they would probably give you other kinds of therapy.

I go to one in Winfield

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have yet to hear someone i know say they had back surgery and it was one of the best decisions they ever had.
    Guy at work, younger than me (40 ish) screwed up his back somehow. He was really messed up.
    He is much better (or fixed) I haven't talked to him in a while. They cut open his gut and dumped everything out and cut into his spine from the front. Ehh

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have two bulging and two compressed disks in neck. Without the chiropractor I can barely move my head at all. I end up with a permanent kink in my neck. When I started going this last time it had also pinched a nerve which had two of the fingers on my left hand going numb. In the past I would go until I felt better, and then some years would pass and I would get bad again. As I got older that time span was less. This time I decided to stick with the maintenance, and I am well past the time it would have come back. I go every 8 weeks for maintenance. My wife goes every four. At 8 weeks my neck is just starting to ache a little, so it has worked perfectly.

There is little a Dr can do for a back. Really it is drugs or surgery. The chiropractor will put your spine back into alignment, which will alleviate a lot of the pain and stress. If you go, you'll start out going a lot, plus they would probably give you other kinds of therapy.

I go to one in Winfield
    Thank you. I have heard good things about Kaufman before. I may have to give them a call.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Home from a successful trip to Florida with a 4 year old.

Boy learned to surf on a boogie board, he actually stood up on it! Lots of wave action in the ocean, visited the historical St Augustine Lighthouse

He got to meet the king rat himself. Plus Daffy, Goofy and Ariel. FWIW, wait until your kids are 5 or 6 to take them to Disney, too much stuff the little ones can't do or don't really understand. Prime age is probably 6 to 9 years old

The highlight was meeting Buc-ee! Not the fake one, like Santa at the mall, but the original Buc-ee, at the truck stop just outside St Augustine, FLA :mullet:

View attachment 380265
    lol we are almost home…

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpeg
      IMG_0564.jpeg
      351.7 KB · Views: 4

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I had my back surgery in 2001 when I was 25. L3-5 herniated. Pain was much better but the nerve damage was already done. I was out of options, went into the ER on Friday afternoon and had surgery Saturday morning. I'm definitely happy I had it done. I'd like to think I could have continued to tolerate the pain for my wife's sake, but I'm not sure.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Another meet n eat poll. Possibly add some food to this one, weather permitting

Top Bottom