NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nice info.
    Too bad the library of congress does not know its own holiday.

Federal code has Washington's birthday as the federal holiday
    It's not "presidents day".

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Nice info.
    Too bad the library of congress does not know its own holiday.

Federal code has Washington's birthday as the federal holiday
    It's not "presidents day".
    I think Presidents Day as it is now was a newer phenomenon designed to combine two paid holidays into one and deprive people of a day of holiday pay. I seem to remember when Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday were celebrated separately.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think Presidents Day as it is now was a newer phenomenon designed to combine two paid holidays into one and deprive people of a day of holiday pay. I seem to remember when Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday were celebrated separately.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Best game all day.
    I watched the LSU vs USC game Sunday night. I really don't like either team. But I did enjoy USC beating Kelly's LSU team. Attached is a link to his post game press conference. He says he has to do a better job coaching his team to finish. Yep, especially for a coach with a 10 year, 95 million dollar contract.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I watched the LSU vs USC game Sunday night. I really don't like either team. But I did enjoy USC beating Kelly's LSU team. Attached is a link to his post game press conference. He says he has to do a better job coaching his team to finish. Yep, especially for a coach with a 10 year, 95 million dollar contract.

Hate both teams as well but definitely liked seeing Kelly lose. The way he left ND and his players was bs

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Actually...

They combined Linclln's and Washington's so they wouldn't increase the number when they added MLK's.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Newton county sheriff shot yesterday. Airlifted in critical condition. Believe it all started as a car chase. Not much for details as of yet

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Newton county sheriff shot yesterday. Airlifted in critical condition. Believe it all started as a car chase. Not much for details as of yet
    What a tough job. Need to handle people with kid gloves and you don't know who is around the corner that wants to kill you for no reason.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

Unfortunately this one hits close to home for me as well. Family doesn’t want anything released.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

Not 100% certain, but I think he lives just a couple of blocks away from me.

NCSD has released a short statement on FB.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    N what does fb say? Some of us don't go there
    Wife just checked. Doesn't sound like he made it. Unconfirmed but the wording makes it sound that way.

Prayers outbound for his family, friends, and co-workers

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They combined them in the early 70's, I thought. I didn't think MLK holiday was around then.
    In the November 1990 election, the voters were offered two King Day options: Proposition 301, which replaced Columbus Day on the list of paid state holidays, and Proposition 302, which merged Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays into one paid holiday to make room for MLK Day.

Top Bottom