NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    20240809_185442.jpg
    Prepping to solder and hoping the firecloth helps not burn the house down.

20240809_192641.jpg

Completed work!
    A bit messy on the bottom with too much solder but it worked. No leaks!

Added a new shut off value as to the left of this is the bathroom sink and shower. To the right off the picture is the old shut off turn value. jedi turned it and it did not shutoff the water. So leaving it in the open position and not messing with it.

Overall took jedi 4 hours from start to finish. Unsure how much jedi saved vs paying for it.

Bow for thr reward....

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    View attachment 372143

View attachment 372145

Completed work!

Added a new shut off value as to the left of this is the bathroom sink and shower. To the right off the picture is the old shut off turn value. jedi turned it and it did not shutoff the water. So leaving it in the open position and not messing with it.

Overall took jedi 4 hours from start to finish. Unsure how much jedi saved vs paying for it.

Bow for thr reward....
    Good job. Takes a while to sweat the pipes while fending off spiders.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    View attachment 372143

View attachment 372145

Completed work!

Bow for thr reward....
    The first time I soldered pipes I was scared to death. But it got easier.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi had on a full face respirator like this kind.

Screenshot_20240809_220304_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Yes overkill for this job. Been using it to strip the paint on the steps with a Rotor. But figured ain't no way no spider or other type of bug is getting on jedi face and crawling around between the spiderweb could not feel them so out of sigh out of mind.

The next crawlspace project is wrapping the cold water lines with this heat tape.

Screenshot_20240809_220603_Opera.jpg

Has a temp probe and when the pipe gets 38 F it turns on to warm up the pipe good for up to -50 F temp drops.

So that way during those cold winters no more worrying about frozen pipes as that crawl has no heat and no insulation. :facepalm:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I skip the plumber and the soldering…. I use the sharkbite fittings just push them on. Plumbers aren’t hardly soldering anymore either….. they mostly use the pro-press

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Honestly I think a dog flying around the inside of a car, in a crash, is both a hazard to the dog and to any people in the vehicle.

You slam hard on the brakes or get hit from behind and the pups are going to hit the cage, that much is true. But they'd potentially hit the windshield, YOU, or some other thing inside the vehicle.

And that cage is going to absorb and distribute their impact across a fairly wide area of their bodies, so hopefully saving their lives in a serious crash. The cage is very close to them on all sides so they will hit it and decelerate while the cage also moves. But flying off the seat into the windshield. . . that is blunt force trauma

I think they are far better off in the crate
    I can attest to the fact that flying doggies in a crash can be a hazard. Especially when after a rollover and your wearing shorts and a t shirt and the dog lands on you trying to run. I'm pretty sure it's nails scratched me up much worse than the flying glass.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I skip the plumber and the soldering…. I use the sharkbite fittings just push them on. Plumbers aren’t hardly soldering anymore either….. they mostly use the pro-press
    The research jedi did the sharkbites was a no go to stay away from them. The commercial plumbers we use at work even said stay away from them. They fail more often then the other 2 methods especially in temp changes which is what that crawlspace experiences a lot.

The pro-press is faster and the younger generation of plumbers likes but the initial equipment investment is high. Most homeowners or DIY it's not worth it.

The older plumbers are the solder group. jedi has experience with soldering electrical circuits which this is a little bit the same in terms of how the solder will react to heat. So jedi felt a tad ok going this route. Plus the equipment investment was about $75 with sales.

And now that this project is over jedi feels confident enough to do thr water heater next as jedi has the equipment. :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just remembered a picture that someone posted in a FB Chihuahua group. They pulled it down, so this is a quick and dirty photoshopped simulation. They posted a picture something like this with the caption "Lulu loves going on the boat!". And there is Lulu ON the boat, not IN the boat, with the wind in her fur. No harness. No lifejacket. Group members were horrified and the post was taken down.

1723296093052.png

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When I was young we spent a LOT of time on the 10,000 lakes we have here and used to jump out of moving boats all the time and a lot of times our dogs would jump in after us. I have never seen a dog that couldn't swim - at least the doggy paddle. They are not good at the back stroke.
    I guess it was a different time and we had different rules.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I was young we spent a LOT of time on the 10,000 lakes we have here and used to jump out of moving boats all the time and a lot of times our dogs would jump in after us. I have never seen a dog that couldn't swim - at least the doggy paddle. They are not good at the back stroke.
    Yeah, just not a chance I would take with a 7-8 pound dog.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Many of us grew up in different times with different rules.

I may be the reason some of those rules were written.

I'm pretty sure I am the reason they no longer have gym equipment on paved play grounds.

Top Bottom