NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thinking tonight will be a good night for a fire.

Head to Granger tomorrow for youngest grandsons 1st b-day party. Wife been baking and making frosting all week. Need enough cake for 50 people. Who the hell has 50 people for a 1st birthday?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Head to Granger tomorrow for youngest grandsons 1st b-day party. Wife been baking and making frosting all week. Need enough cake for 50 people. Who the hell has 50 people for a 1st birthday?
    You guys. Will there be a jedi sighting?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

We floated a keg at my goddaughter's, so...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So I stopped to get something to eat at round the clock and thought I would do some work and check back in here and noticed the free internet from the pizza hut next door.... They have INGO blocked on their free service... Hahaha blocking a website to the general public didn't work well because here I am on their service... lol... posting on INGO... Soooo Aurelio's that day... Hope they have coffee because that is the anti-Gunbunnies place... I don't think they have any noncarb items at all... lol Hey I've been known to be grumpy... and old...
    Screenshot_20240607-185400_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

We had a kegger for my sons 1st and went on a beer run after. It was more a “we survived” party than his 1st birthday party.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Looks like a fake fire to me. AND WHAT IS THAT? A BLUNT. :lmfao:
    We have the fake pit and a solo stove. The fake pit was just for some light and a little heat this evening. It’s great for just a quick lounge on the deck. The cigar was a Henry Clay War Hawk Corona. Was a nice easy smoke, about 1 hour. Mild yet spicy (if that makes sense), with hints of chocolate sweetness on the pallet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    yeah everything there is about 80 carbs a serving and it doesn't look like they do coffee either. I would love to eat some of that but that is called suicide food and reserved for when I know I'm about to die... lol You guys enjoy the food... Looks good...
    Like you, my daughter is a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic. Lately I've been following a Keto (or near Keto) lifestyle. Basically in the 50mg of carbs a day range. It is actually hard to do if you eat at restaurants, in fact, eating at restaurants is very carb-heavy. I never understood it until I decided to substantially cut back on carbs. If I have a cheat day it's not a big deal. If a Type 1 diabetic has a cheat day it's a real risk.

I tried a 'carnivore' diet and that lasted exactly 1 meal. So far Keto-ish seems to be pretty reasonable for me. Requires a lot more fresh foods than I used to eat. A lot less processed foods. I blew it today, but that was after my A1c blood test. Started the day with a SPAM Pop Tart. Then some Rice Krispy treats. A hamburger bun this afternoon.

Literally more carbs today than I have in a typical week. I'll be back on it tomorrow. And I'm not even a diabetic!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Like you, my daughter is a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic. Lately I've been following a Keto (or near Keto) lifestyle. Basically in the 50mg of carbs a day range. It is actually hard to do if you eat at restaurants, in fact, eating at restaurants is very carb-heavy. I never understood it until I decided to substantially cut back on carbs. If I have a cheat day it's not a big deal. If a Type 1 diabetic has a cheat day it's a real risk.

I tried a 'carnivore' diet and that lasted exactly 1 meal. So far Keto-ish seems to be pretty reasonable for me. Requires a lot more fresh foods than I used to eat. A lot less processed foods. I blew it today, but that was after my A1c blood test. Started the day with a SPAM Pop Tart. Then some Rice Krispy treats. A hamburger bun this afternoon.

Literally more carbs today than I have in a typical week. I'll be back on it tomorrow. And I'm not even a diabetic!
    yeah the freaking diabetes is a lot of work just to keep your eyes and feet... lol... I had to actually up my carb counts after covid as it changed something in my metabolism. I mainly do meat and green vegies; I have some canned soup I will use that works in the carb count somewhat. I found some low carb bread to use sometimes, and those protein bars are actually tasty. You have to watch the sugar content along with the carbs to manage the diabetes well enough to get A1C's in the 5.9 to 6.1 area with Type 1 Diabetes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    yeah the freaking diabetes is a lot of work just to keep your eyes and feet... lol... I had to actually up my carb counts after covid as it changed something in my metabolism. I mainly do meat and green vegies; I have some canned soup I will use that works in the carb count somewhat. I found some low carb bread to use sometimes, and those protein bars are actually tasty. You have to watch the sugar content along with the carbs to manage the diabetes well enough to get A1C's in the 5.9 to 6.1 area with Type 1 Diabetes.
    Well I am NOT a diabetic but I had a blood test today and one of the tests was an A1c test so I am curious about the results of that test.

And a friend of mine is a U of Chicago doctor, senior guy in Neurology, specializing in Epilepsy, and he said I am looking good with no real worries, but he not my doctor. He is not privy to my medical history. So while I can be optimistic in his observations as my friend, he is not privy to my full medical history.

Low Carb is hard given the average eating habits of a typical American

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :coffee: on the front porch. Oh, look, rain on the way. Looks like mowing in the a.m. is a priority here. Neighbor is mowing my property for 2 weeks so I'd like to leave with a solid cut. His truck is gone which tells me he had to work, so I'll bust his grass off too. Meanwhile, I don't hear cicadas in the distant. Are they done.

Top Bottom